TotallyOz

Democrats charge President Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress

• Members

I think these charges are without substance.  However, the House has enough Democrat votes to proceed with the articles of impeachment.  The real question is how the Senate will handle the trial.  In other words, how long and how involved.  Trump will not be convicted.  The public will be and has been long sick of these things.  The next question is how will the Democrat base vote?  

I see Trump re-elected and I hope a lot of the Dems will be turned out.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Trump is guilty as sin, and most reasonable, non-partisan thinkers know this. I take my legal cues from scholars Lawrence Tribe and Neal Katyal, to name just a few. I absolutely don't listen to partisan legal talking heads.

It is absolutely astonishing to me that the same party who impeached Bill Clinton over his lie about a sex allegation is now turning a blind eye to actual abuse of power and extortion. All the Republican Party cares about is money and power. They will say and do anything to keep power, even support a Mafia boss. Trump has exposed the Party's hypocrisy to the MAX. Most of us knew it was always there. Now, the Party is a joke. A complete and total FRAUD.

In NYC, I hear often that many people are hoping, praying that Trump dies a quick death. Some are sitting by their TV sets waiting for the fat-ass Mafia boss to fall down the stairs of Air Force One. Trump is the most hated president in my lifetime. He's hated because he truly believes, as president, he's above the law. And now he's got fat-ass Bill Barr to protect him.

God help America if Trump gets re-elected. America may not survive that tragedy.

(Edit)

What does the future hold?

Personally, I think the Republican Party deserves to be punished badly for putting this corrupt buffoon in the White House. And I mean punished badly. A hard lesson needs to be learned so the country can avoid something like this moving forward.

I'm hoping that Democratic turn-out is going to break records, no matter who the nominee is. Trump (and his family) incites voters like no other political name in recent history. Even if Joe Biden gets the nomination, there may be a flood of voters who are desperate to return to "normal" and will get behind their uncle Joe. There are millions of baby boomers (and their kids) who are desperate to save and reform health care. The future of Medicare and Medicaid depend on Democratic leadership. Most voters hate the insurance companies who control their health care costs. They know more than ever that health insurance businesses are in business to say "NO!" The future of health insurance is looking more and more like the future of tobacco products. Consumers are tired of the profit motive in health care. They are finally realizing the immorality of it all. It takes a rise in suicides to shine a light on this.

Edited by RockHardNYC

There is ample evidence to show he is guilty of the two charges. It isn't rocket science. He should be impeached and removed. However, I do not see the very partisan Senate doing this. They are cowards and with their vote America will never be the same. It is sad that his supporters are so blind to his actions and don't care. I have friends that vote for him and say honestly they don't care of he broke the law or not as long as he keeps appointment the right SCOTUS justices. In my mind, every judge he appoints should be forfeited. I just pray that RBJ holds on until this sad part of American history is over.

• Members
33 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

There is ample evidence to show he is guilty of the two charges.

Most people in my NYC circle are not die-hard leftists. I know quite a few moderate Republicans. The evidence is clear to everyone in my circle. No one doubts his guilt.

36 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

He should be impeached and removed.

We all agree.

37 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I have friends that vote for him and say honestly they don't care of he broke the law or not as long as he keeps appointment the right SCOTUS justices.

It's not just the judges. It's the taxes. It's the White Nationalism. It's the fear that Blacks and Latinos are taking over, and the hatred that many of them are getting Trump-voter tax dollars in the form of benefits. The Republican Party now owned by Trump won't be happy until there's a new civil war.

42 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

every judge he appoints should be forfeited.

I agree. RBG needs our prayers.

• Members

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

At the time Greg Miller wrote this haunting piece for The Washington Post, five meetings had taken place and no notes were permitted. IMO, this is treasonous behavior by a president. If no notes are permitted, you can be damn sure someone is trying to hide something.

The Mafia boss needs to go.

10 hours ago, RA1 said:

I think these charges are without substance.

Please.

Mulvaney himself confirmed the first charge.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/10/18/mulvaney-trump-get-over-it-quid-pro-quo-sot-crn-vpx.cnn

Multiple first-hand -- not second-hand -- witnesses confirmed the second charge in sworn in-person testimony.

• Members

Is it not the job of any President to defend the various powers of the office?  Is it not the job of any President to obstruct Congress (legally, of course)?

Best regards,

RA1

11 hours ago, RA1 said:

Is it not the job of any President to defend the various powers of the office?  Is it not the job of any President to obstruct Congress (legally, of course)?

Best regards,

RA1

No.

It is the duty of the President to enact and carry out the decisions of Congress and of the courts,  to defend the law of the land, and to ‘uphold, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.’

• Members

70% of Americans say Trump’s actions tied to Ukraine were wrong: POLL

Majority of Americans say Trump did not cooperate with impeachment, sought to hinder investigation, poll says

The sad part is that 60 -70 % of Americans know Trump did something wrong, and then obstructed the effort to disclose it.

But the Republicans don't give a shit.  This is tribal politics.  Fuck the truth.

• Members
7 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

This is tribal politics.  Fuck the truth.

This is tribal politics, and the Republicans are saying a royal "fuck you" to truth, and a "fuck you" to voters who care deeply about the laws of this land and the U.S. Constitution. These feckless, spineless Trump loyalists don't care about the truth, and they don't care about their historical legacy. They are on-record saying so. All they care about is getting re-elected by the Trump cult so they can stay in power.

I have always listened to certain conservative, intellectual voices. From an early age I listened to William F. Buckley Jr., George Will, William Safire, Paul Gigot, Charles Krauthammer, and Peggy Noonan. I didn't always agree with their positions or opinions, but I felt much of their commentary was thoughtful and worthy of my attention and brain power.

Because I came out at the age of eighteen, I decided to never vote Republican. Even though I held some conservative viewpoints on certain subjects, like deficit spending and using abortion as a contraceptive, I felt as a proud gay man I wanted the leaders I voted for to protect me, my welfare, and those belonging to my gay brothers and sisters. I often describe myself as a moderate Democrat because I still believe in a few principles that some would call conservative thinking.

Today, I continue to listen to certain conservative voices. Steve Schmidt, Nicolle Wallace, David Jolly, and Charlie Sykes are my newest heroes. Except now, most have left the Republican Party or are deeply tormented as they contemplate leaving. Many are saying the Republican Party of Lincoln and Reagan no longer exists. They say Trump owns the party now. It's the Trump Party, a cult of personality. And that personality is a corrupted fraud. Many former Republicans are saying a new party must emerge to replace the current hijacked version.

Just today, former Trump fixer Michael Cohen had his lawyers ask a judge for leniency from prison. "He told a judge that he 'sold his soul' in working as President Trump’s lawyer."

Republican strategist Rick Wilson said it most brilliantly when he titled his book, "Everything Trump Touches Dies." That is why we need to get America out of Trump's hands. Our future depends on it.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members

Trump is the biggest mother-fucking asshole to ever hit the White House, and that's another reason why this spawn of the devil must go. What president in his right mind would make public fun of a teenage girl with Asperger's syndrome? Our Mafia boss president needs to feel some serious pain.

• Members

The biggest disappointment for me in the hearings was how unimpressive most Democrats are now and how many of the new Republicans are young, good-looking and articulate. I was really surprised at Congressman Mike Johnson of LA, Senator Sasse, Senator Joanie Earnst, and Sen Josh Hawley of MO..  (Johnson, Sasse and Hawley are young hot and articulate). A few other GOP Congressmen looked like prime RentMen material. I was glad when Paul Ryan with his charisma left, but there's a bumper crop of good-looking GOPers.

Congresswoman McBath of GA was the only Democrat that impressed me for charisma.