RockHardNYC

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.

• Members
4 hours ago, OneFinger said:

I was really pissed off when Flush Limbaugh received the Medal of Freedom.

RE: the medal, Trump did an amazing job feeding red meat to his ignorant, racist base. Only Trump could tell viewers he was protecting pre-existing conditions while he's battling for its death in the courts. His ignoramus followers believe anything this pathological liar says. And they're too fucking fat and lazy to dig deeper. The cult of personality is threatening to destroy this country.

This piece in the Washington Post by George Conway (Kellyanne's husband) is a must-read: George Conway: I believe the president, and in the president

My hero, once again, is Nancy Pelosi. It's difficult to believe that several in Congress were once eager to get rid of this powerhouse of a woman. I always had faith in this strong, smart, San Francisco, Catholic, grandmother of nine. Some say her ripping of Trump's speech behind his back was planned. It wouldn't surprise me, and BRAVA to Nancy for playing by the Trump playbook. I get such a gassed ass reading justice warrior tweets from the outraged Republicans. "Shame!" and "Low Class!" LOL. Those motherfuckers with their tongue up Trump's ass have no sense of irony or hypocrisy. Their licking the ass of a tacky mob boss.

Congressman Sean Maloney said it best when he tweeted: "The Speaker has consistently found a dignified way to make clear she is NOT going to normalize the President's behavior. She walks a line, of respecting the office.....& to say what the President says, is fake, false & rooted in a lie."

I think it's absolutely wonderful the way Nancy Pelosi gets under Trump's thin skin.

With 86% of Iowa votes counted, Pete Buttigieg is maintaining his lead. Here's another interesting article:

Pete Buttigieg’s senior adviser Lis Smith has turned an unknown mayor into a serious contender.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
On 2/5/2020 at 8:09 PM, RockHardNYC said:

RE: the medal, Trump did an amazing job feeding red meat to his ignorant, racist base. Only Trump could tell viewers he was protecting pre-existing conditions while he's battling for its death in the courts. His ignoramus followers believe anything this pathological liar says. And they're too fucking fat and lazy to dig deeper. The cult of personality is threatening to destroy this country.

This piece in the Washington Post by George Conway (Kellyanne's husband) is a must-read: George Conway: I believe the president, and in the president

My hero, once again, is Nancy Pelosi. It's difficult to believe that several in Congress were once eager to get rid of this powerhouse of a woman. I always had faith in this strong, smart, San Francisco, Catholic, grandmother of nine. Some say her ripping of Trump's speech behind his back was planned. It wouldn't surprise me, and BRAVA to Nancy for playing by the Trump playbook. I get such a gassed ass reading justice warrior tweets from the outraged Republicans. "Shame!" and "Low Class!" LOL. Those motherfuckers with their tongue up Trump's ass have no sense of irony or hypocrisy. Their licking the ass of a tacky mob boss.

Congressman Sean Maloney said it best when he tweeted: "The Speaker has consistently found a dignified way to make clear she is NOT going to normalize the President's behavior. She walks a line, of respecting the office.....& to say what the President says, is fake, false & rooted in a lie."

I think it's absolutely wonderful the way Nancy Pelosi gets under Trump's thin skin.

With 86% of Iowa votes counted, Pete Buttigieg is maintaining his lead. Here's another interesting article:

Pete Buttigieg’s senior adviser Lis Smith has turned an unknown mayor into a serious contender.

I am not so sure Nancy Pelosi is doing a wonderful job. Aren't her leadership team members almost as old as the speaker? 

• Members
1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Aren't her leadership team members almost as old as the speaker? 

Older age a disqualifier? A bit ageist even coming from you?

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

I am not so sure Nancy Pelosi is doing a wonderful job.

Pelosi delivered Joe Manchin and Doug Jones to vote guilty on Trump, a very difficult feat. There was overwhelming speculation that she would fail to do that, and she succeeded.

Anderson Cooper recently interviewed the House Impeachment Managers for a TV special. I thought it was a fascinating question and answer hour.

• Members

Until recently I would have put Nancy Pelosi with Lyndon Johnson as a great Congressial Leader, not now. Yes, she kept all the Democratic Party Senators, a major achievement. But, what else?  Trump is just as strong, even stronger.And ripping up the speech was a Trump like decision. She is much better than that.

• Members
1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Yes, she kept all the Democratic Party Senators, a major achievement. But, what else?

The list is long. She played a major role in Dems taking over the House in 2018. She and her caucus played a major role in saving what's left of the ACA. There's more, but that's enough for me.

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Trump is just as strong, even stronger.

You're seriously not comparing the power of the House leader with the president? Pelosi has always been hated by the right because she's smart and effective. She's a female version of Moscow Mitch, accept she has a soul, believes in God's goodness, and believes in playing by the rules. Whereas, Mitch believes in money and power, and saving the conservatives and their collective fears.

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

And ripping up the speech was a Trump like decision. She is much better than that.

Of course she is much better than that, and she knows it. Believe me, Nancy Pelosi wishes she could be her civil best at all times. The challenge now is Trump, and Trump is a major TROLL. Do you have any personal experience dealing with a major TROLL?

It is very difficult, EXTREMELY difficult, to put an obnoxious TROLL in his place and cut him off at his knees, especially when powerful, moneyed interests are supporting him and feeding his power. The appointment of Bill Barr is a DISASTER for this country. I'm not wishing for war, but the rule of law may soon be fought in the streets. If Trump loses the election, watch out.

There is much consternation about how to deal with Trump when his behavior is abhorrent, which is most of the time. Michelle Obama was lovely when she said, "When they go low, we go higher." The only problem is, you CAN'T fight a TROLL with that sensitive, dignified, uplifting approach. TROLLS are rabid animals only interested in their dominance. They are almost unbeatable unless you are willing to fight back hard. Unfortunately, that means going lower than the TROLL.

It seems to me, some in the Democratic party are learning how to beat a TROLL. I'm sure many have consulted with leading psychiatrists. Trump is no ordinary psychopath. It's high time the Dems get focused on how to punch this fucker back. If they don't, they will lose. And the country might die under Trump.

2 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

Until recently I would have put Nancy Pelosi with Lyndon Johnson as a great Congressial Leader, not now. Yes, she kept all the Democratic Party Senators, a major achievement. But, what else?  Trump is just as strong, even stronger.And ripping up the speech was a Trump like decision. She is much better than that.

Do you not get the concepts of mirroring, contempt, ironic out-doing, belittling, disgust?

AND proving herself the better puppet-master than the one who at base finds whatever power he can find in being  one himself?.

We’ll see what the voters decide when time comes around.

I think she is playing the long game deadly effectively.

• Members

I believe Pelosi made a mistake in deciding on Impeachment for whatever reason. Whether it was forced on her or not by AOC, she is responsible. 

And she has been negligent in  not preparing much younger members to take over in leadership positions in the House.

To repeat, six months ago I thought she was the second coming of Sam Rayburn, but not now.

3 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

I believe Pelosi made a mistake in deciding on Impeachment for whatever reason. Whether it was forced on her or not by AOC, she is responsible. 

And she has been negligent in  not preparing much younger members to take over in leadership positions in the House.

To repeat, six months ago I thought she was the second coming of Sam Rayburn, but not now.

I don't know. I think we are now in the age of 11th-dimensional politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

And I think Nancy has sensed and mastered this mode more than any other of either her colleagues or her competitors.

Again, 2020 will tell.

• Members
11 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

I believe Pelosi made a mistake in deciding on Impeachment

I think you are dead WRONG. If anyone was going to stand up for the rule of law and the U.S. Constitution, it had to be Nancy Pelosi.

11 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

Whether it was forced on her or not by AOC

Say what? I don't wish to engage in political discussion with anyone who believes that Alexandria Cortez influenced Nancy Pelosi on impeachment. That is laughable poppycock.

• Members
17 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

The list is long. She played a major role in Dems taking over the House in 2018. She and her caucus played a major role in saving what's left of the ACA. There's more, but that's enough for me.

You're seriously not comparing the power of the House leader with the president? Pelosi has always been hated by the right because she's smart and effective. She's a female version of Moscow Mitch, accept she has a soul, believes in God's goodness, and believes in playing by the rules. Whereas, Mitch believes in money and power, and saving the conservatives and their collective fears.

Of course she is much better than that, and she knows it. Believe me, Nancy Pelosi wishes she could be her civil best at all times. The challenge now is Trump, and Trump is a major TROLL. Do you have any personal experience dealing with a major TROLL?

It is very difficult, EXTREMELY difficult, to put an obnoxious TROLL in his place and cut him off at his knees, especially when powerful, moneyed interests are supporting him and feeding his power. The appointment of Bill Barr is a DISASTER for this country. I'm not wishing for war, but the rule of law may soon be fought in the streets. If Trump loses the election, watch out.

There is much consternation about how to deal with Trump when his behavior is abhorrent, which is most of the time. Michelle Obama was lovely when she said, "When they go low, we go higher." The only problem is, you CAN'T fight a TROLL with that sensitive, dignified, uplifting approach. TROLLS are rabid animals only interested in their dominance. They are almost unbeatable unless you are willing to fight back hard. Unfortunately, that means going lower than the TROLL.

It seems to me, some in the Democratic party are learning how to beat a TROLL. I'm sure many have consulted with leading psychiatrists. Trump is no ordinary psychopath. It's high time the Dems get focused on how to punch this fucker back. If they don't, they will lose. And the country might die under Trump.

"It's high time the Dems get focused on how to punch this fucker back.". I  stand with Michelle Obama on this. Not Speaker Pelosi who will be 80 years old next month. And Senator Sanders will be 79 years old on election day this years.

The Democrats historical win when they run young candidates for president, like Obama, Bill Clinton, Carter, Kennedy. Only Truman and Johnson were older,  but they were already president.

I do reluctantly agree that it is better to confront a bully directly on the Internet. It is worked for me often and in real life too. But, it takes a lot for me to do it. And I am surprised by anyone doubting Speaker Pelosi listening to the squad in ultimately deciding on Impeachment.

Pelosi has already said she is retiring in 2022. - a significant concession 

• Members
2 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

I  stand with Michelle Obama on this.

I stood with Michelle Obama, too, when she came out with her clever meme. But times have changed for the worse. The TROLL doubled down and grew meaner and more relentless. His cult following are now claiming that Russians are more trustworthy than Democrats. How insane is that devolution of patriotism.

Eventually, some notable Dems figured out that Trump has marketed meanness as "strength" to his cult. It justifies the racism, the hatred of immigrants, the locking up of kids, and abuse of power. Now we have the acquittal, which Trump is selling as exoneration. No amount of reasoned respectability, the kind that worked in the past, is going to work moving forward. If you are confronted with a gang carrying switchblades, you can't fight back offering beautifully arranged flowers.

When Eric Holder came out with his meme, "When they go low, we kick them.," others followed. I was grateful that some high-minded thinkers were finally figuring out Trump's game. You simply can't fight Trump in conventional terms. Trump is an anomaly. He is the ultimate TROLL. To break him at his knees, you've got to hit him with equal or more power.

Wait until Bloomberg goes toe-to-toe with Trump on releasing his tax returns. Trump is going to whine like a crabby baby, much worse than he does now.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
11 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

Amazing that Amy Klobouchar has raised 3.5 million dollars since the debate. She has improved as a candidate.

She has improved, but she still reminds me of my stringent Catholic nuns from grade school, and not the principal, who could kick Trump's ass. Amy's sales pitch rings canned. Her constant waving of her credentials is not the best way to sell oneself. Her record and her popularity should be a known entity, but it's not. She doesn't look presidential. Her make-up and styling are dull and flat. She has helmet hair. Put her next to fat-man Trump and her physical impact sinks to ground level. Her voice is not commanding or easy on the ears. I don't see her rising to #1 or #2.

21 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

Poor Elizabeth Warren though. Sad.

She lost control of her message. Her flip-flop on Medicare-for-all hurt her badly. She started to sound like a politician, and the sound bites only get more contrived. She should have adopted Mayor Pete's version of health care from the start. She followed Bernie and is now paying the price. She lost her authenticity, and it's very hard to get that back.

12 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

She  lost control of her message. Her flip-flop on Medicare-for-all hurt her badly. She started to sound like a politician, and the sound bites only get more contrived. She should have adopted Mayor Pete's version of health care from the start. She followed Bernie and is now paying the price. She lost her authenticity, and it's very hard to get that back.

That was a big unexpected mess.
Informative.

• Members

Amy Klobouchar finished third. This gives the media something to talk about, but I doubt she has the ability to energize voters further. Amy Klobouchar as a candidate has qualities similar to soggy cereal. Men don't think much of her. Women are on the fence, too. And voters of color are nowhere to be found.

The liberal bias on CNN and MSNBC was in clear view last night as they ferociously praised Amy for her tepid success. I had to shut the TV off because I thought the pundits all needed to be fired, especially the bloated verbosity of Chris Matthews.

I thought Amy's victory speech was awful, even for a third place finish. She's far less talented in front of microphone than Hillary Clinton, and that's not good. She uses the pronoun "I" WAY TOO MUCH. She's long needed a good speech writer and solid coaching.

It's easy for me to be biased because I put money on Pete, but his speech and delivery was far superior to Amy's. His crowd was for more energized. Their roaring chants of "President Pete" were quite effective. And it was very clear that Pete, much like Obama and Bill Clinton, had prepared his speech in advance and used the opportunity to score political points. He appeared organized and ready to do battle. Pete was also brilliant and gracious to praise his fellow competitors, something Amy never mentioned.