RockHardNYC

Sanders labels Mayor Pete: Mayor Cheat.

• Members
4 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

The UGLY is coming.

The Democratic Party loves to shoot itself in the foot. Utter incompetence is no way to fight the Republicans and win over the electorate.

IMO, Iowa can go fuck their righteous selves, and fuck their whiny ass caucuses. They were so complicated this year, no one could explain them properly to voters. IMO, they never made sense.

They have now proven they are unworthy to go first in the future. It's time to mix up the states who vote first, and give other states the privilege of setting tone, agenda, and precedent.

The Bernie Sanders camp seems like a bunch of militant assholes who seem determined to fight dirty. I'm hoping Independents and Leftists wake up soon. Sanders was never a Democrat, and many believe, if elected, he would be a disaster for business in this country. Without business, this country dies. Many people don't remember the inflation of the Carter years.

No wonder Hillary Clinton is being more vocal now. I suspect the truth will eventually come out, but it appears the Sanders assholes are labeling Mayor Pete as Mayor Cheat, because Pete's campaign supposedly donated money to the App creator whose App failed in Iowa. On top of that, the creators of the App, who named the fucking thing "Shadow," are veteran techies from Hillary's 2016 campaign.

Pete isn't the only candidate who donated to the App's creators. It sounds like the App was an innocent tool with good intentions. However, with the fiasco going on in Iowa at this moment, the App is being blamed, and the Sanders assholes just gave Trump Mayor's Pete's new moniker: Mayor Cheat.

You simply can't write this shit. The world is full of incompetent assholes, and there are plenty who work in politics.

INFURIATING.

And the bureaucracy.  

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
33 minutes ago, RA1 said:

And the bureaucracy

Every institution, no matter how big or small, will have some bureaucracy to manage. It's part of the deal by default when two or more people are involved. No need to panic and turn anti-, or throw out the baby with the bath water. Some leaders are much better than others when dealing with bureaucracy. Actually, it's one way of defining a "good leader" and securing one's bonafides.

I understand the need for political campaigns to be tech savvy these days. If you snooze on tech, you will definitely LOSE. But with all things tech, there's no such thing as perfect, and when things go wrong, shit can really hit the fan.

The Iowa Caucus App fiasco is a disaster. It makes everyone involved look stupid and incompetent. Putin must be pissing his underwear laughing. Democracy is an experiment, and sadly, we're still learning and enduring tough lessons.

• Members

Faulty Iowa App Was Part of Push to Restore Democrats’ Digital Edge

"Given less than two months to build an app for reporting caucus results to the Iowa Democratic Party, Shadow produced technology that proved difficult to download and use and ended up delivering incorrect tallies. Iowa’s Democrats blamed a “coding issue” in the app, and the party said it would resort to a time-consuming manual  tally based on information called in by precinct chairs or pictures sent on their smartphones — the same ones on which they could not make the app work."

Now that 62% of precincts are in, Pete Buttigieg is apparently in the lead. I couldn't be more thrilled. Go Pete!

• Members

I'm certainly happy Pete Buttigieg is doing well. First or second in Iowa does not matter. Both positions are a miracle in Iowa politics. I wish he sounded less scripted at times, but he does know how to deliver a few zingers, especially when he digs at Trump's FAKE bone spurs.

The important lesson in Iowa: Sanders did half as well as he did in 2016.

I am concerned that Mayor Pete will not be our savior. Too many establishment Democrats don't have faith that he can beat Trump. Pete's gay and inexperienced. When the time comes, Trump's money can pounce on Pete, and the pounce is going to be extremely painful for us all.

Personally, I would like to see the military man on stage with Trump in a debate. Let Trump take a cheap shot at Buttigieg, one that typically hits below the belt, and then let's watch Pete go over to Trump and knock that fat fuck down in one punch. That is reality TV I would pay to see, and watch all those Republicans on the fence switch over to Mayor Pete. Anyway, that's my fantasy.

The real issue in this 2020 election is whether the Democrats can count on Black and Latino voters. The evidence looks bad, especially if the nominee is Buttigieg. It's difficult enough to get Blacks and Latinos to vote. Too many choose to live life off the grid. They don't have any time or interest in jury duty. Many are cynical and think politics is not for them. What are the chances any of them will get behind a white gay guy from a small town in Indiana?

If Buttigieg can overcome the Bloomberg threat, which remains to be seen, the Black and Latino issue will come center stage. Democratic turnout is the only thing that will crush Trump. The numbers in Iowa do not bode well for success. A lot of hard work needs to be done in the coming months, and most people are already exhausted.