• Members
3 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I did not like the choice at first myself. But, truly, he is a great actor and he is amazing in this role. The current season was released last week and I watched it all in 2 days. I could not take my eyes off of it.

Perhaps I should give it a try!

• Members

Here's a NY Times article on Bosch and another show that looks good, Fauda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/arts/television/bosch-fauda-review.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage

Clip:

“Bosch” is a show of small but persistent pleasures, and they remain intact. The writing is literate but natural. The manifold story lines, including the problematic mayoral campaign of the police chief (Lance Reddick) and the coming of age of Harry’s daughter, Maddie (Madison Lintz), now interning at the civil-rights law firm of Honey Chandler (Mimi Rogers), dip in and out of one another seamlessly. Welliver and Hector, and Welliver and Lintz, create relationships so quietly believable, it’s as if they’re in the room with you. NYTimes

• Members

I have been catching up on Bosch for the last couple weeks, up to mid-season 4 so far.  

What I love about it is the love letter to Los Angeles.  You know all the shows "set in LA" with the helicopter around the US Bank building establishing shot and nothing else?  This is NOT that.  They go to so many places I know well, places I'm missing because of the current situation.  That alone keeps me watching.  

Also a pretty good hard-boiled cop drama that is better than all the procedurals where everything gets wrapped up every episode, especially all the way through court...  

But the acting leaves something to be desired, and I'm getting tired of some of the multi-season storylines.  

Still, I'll keep watching, because what else do I have to do?  But the people loving it, especially once you're caught up, for fucks sake do yourself a favor and watch The Wire, or even The Shield.  

Wish there was a new season of Jack Ryan to watch right now.