Lucky

Obama For Vice President

• Members
18 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I think this would be an amazing ticket. She is brilliant. And, it would piss Trump off to know she was on the ticket. :)

It would piss me off too.  

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

It would piss me off too.  

Best regards,

RA1

Qualified, educated woman of color would piss you off, but a fucking dipshit pretend-billionare game show host con-man you're just fine with.  

What are her qualifications, you ask?  Well, speechwriter for Melanoma Trump, for one.  

• Members

I mean, does everything about Trump's supporters come down to racism? 

Obviously the answer we need to the pandemic is to shut down immigration, which, in fact, is the answer to everything, right? 

Unless we're talking about a white prostitute who lied on and violated her visa, with an anchor baby and chain migration of her family--that's First Lady material, because, well, at least she's not black like the last one...  Oh and by the way this Christian conservative giant cheated on her with another prostitute and payed hush money with campaign funds.  But everybody's white so again, OK.  

It's OK to gridlock the entrance to a fucking hospital during a pandemic--while waving confederate flags--because you can't currently go to your hairdresser, but NOT ok to take a knee for a moment in protest of clear and documented police brutality... again, it's like there's a difference I'm missing I can't quite put my thumb on that drives this base forward at almost every turn.  

Ok, ok, it's not just racism.  There's misogyny too.  

IinBwFx.jpg

7moksiay8fu41.jpg

• Members
13 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

She is more qualified than Trump. Why would it piss you off?

According to JKANE everything about Trump is about racism.  Can we not disapprove of someone simply based upon their qualifications?  I try to observe MLKj who said judge based upon character not color (in so many words).  Mrs. Obama's political experience seems to be that of a neighborhood organizer and first lady.  There is the thought that she is racist and does not approve of the USA.  I know, perish the thought.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Michelle Obama shared the White House for 8 years with the president. Not many women available for VP can claim such a close spot in history.

So did the head valet and head housekeeper but that does not make them qualified.   I have spent a LOT of time with CEO's and other wealthy folks in the back of my airplane.  We talked a lot but that does not make me qualified to be a CEO.

Best regards,

RA1

16 minutes ago, RA1 said:

So did the head valet and head housekeeper but that does not make them qualified.   I have spent a LOT of time with CEO's and other wealthy folks in the back of my airplane.  We talked a lot but that does not make me qualified to be a CEO.

Best regards,

RA1

Actually (not to pick too fine a bone ^_^ ) you were CEO of your own private-aviation enterprise, were you not?

Not to link any cause and effect, of course. B)

• Members
1 minute ago, AdamSmith said:

Actually (not to pick too fine a bone ^_^ ) you were CEO of your own private-aviation enterprise, were you not?

Not to link any cause and effect, of course. B)

I was but others did not make me qualified.  Assuming that I was.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

4 minutes ago, RA1 said:

I was but others did not make me qualified.  Assuming that I was.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

Granted. But point being that prominent public-facing First Lady position requires considerably more political finesse savvy etc than head toilet-cleaner.

• Members
Just now, AdamSmith said:

Granted. But point being that prominent public-facing First Lady position requires considerably more finesse savvy etc than head toilet-cleaner.

There is no doubt that MS. Obama has or has developed the social graces necessary to be first lady.  Does that translate into good politics?  I am not so sure.  Actually I am pretty sure the answer is NO.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
7 hours ago, RA1 said:

According to JKANE everything about Trump is about racism.  Can we not disapprove of someone simply based upon their qualifications?  I try to observe MLKj who said judge based upon character not color (in so many words).  Mrs. Obama's political experience seems to be that of a neighborhood organizer and first lady.  There is the thought that she is racist and does not approve of the USA.  I know, perish the thought.

Best regards,

RA1

The party you de-facto support (while claiming immunity from their most horrific actions because technically you're a "libertarian") has a really low fucking bar here for qualifications given the Trump presidency, most members of his administration, but going back to Sarah Palin.  

But to answer your question, a FUCK-TON MORE EXPERIENCE, and not just as first lady.  Start with Harvard law graduate and dean/teacher, which, would be nice to have somebody who again could speak in a complete sentence about the constitution while not outright lying about it giving them "total authority"...  but then...

Career

Following law school, Obama became an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley & Austin, where she met her future husband Barack. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property law.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, she has kept it on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.[74][75]

In 1991, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[26] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood 12 years after she left.[20] Obama later said that she had never been happier in her life prior to working "to build Public Allies".[76]

In 1996, Obama served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[77] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[78]

She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign of 2008, but cut back to part-time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election.[79] She subsequently took a leave of absence from her job.[80]

According to the couple's 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The Obamas' total income was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[81]

Obama served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSETHS),[82] a major Wal-Mart supplier from shortly after her husband was seated in the Senate until she cut ties shortly after her husband announced his candidacy for the presidency; he criticized Wal-Mart labor policies at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007.[83] She also served on the board of directors of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.[84]

• Members

Thank you for setting the record straight. Michelle has a remarkable resume.

Have you ever heard her speak publicly?  The words learned, eloquent and commanding come to mind.

She would make an incredible VP and an even better President.

She is VERY qualified.

Interesting that some are quick to discredit her.  

Might it be for reasons other than her qualifications?

• Members
1 hour ago, JKane said:

The party you de-facto support (while claiming immunity from their most horrific actions because technically you're a "libertarian") has a really low fucking bar here for qualifications given the Trump presidency, most members of his administration, but going back to Sarah Palin.  

But to answer your question, a FUCK-TON MORE EXPERIENCE, and not just as first lady.  Start with Harvard law graduate and dean/teacher, which, would be nice to have somebody who again could speak in a complete sentence about the constitution while not outright lying about it giving them "total authority"...  but then...

Career

Following law school, Obama became an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley & Austin, where she met her future husband Barack. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property law.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, she has kept it on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.[74][75]

In 1991, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[26] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood 12 years after she left.[20] Obama later said that she had never been happier in her life prior to working "to build Public Allies".[76]

In 1996, Obama served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[77] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[78]

She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign of 2008, but cut back to part-time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election.[79] She subsequently took a leave of absence from her job.[80]

According to the couple's 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The Obamas' total income was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[81]

Obama served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSETHS),[82] a major Wal-Mart supplier from shortly after her husband was seated in the Senate until she cut ties shortly after her husband announced his candidacy for the presidency; he criticized Wal-Mart labor policies at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007.[83] She also served on the board of directors of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.[84]

Nice CV but, as I said, a community organizer.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
12 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

You are a well and long proven commercially successful global private pilot.

Your remark about Michelle above is equivalent to someone calling you nothing more than a crop-duster.

I have several crop duster friends so don't be insulting.  We all have our place or sometimes places in society.  One trick might be to not want more but to be accepting.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
12 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

What on Trump's resume prepared him to be President?

Nothing other than he won the election.

Best regards,

RA1

On 4/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, RA1 said:

One trick might be to not want more but to be accepting.

This is a recipe for judging who might be qualified to be a presidential candidate?

...Come to think, pretty much so these days on the Republican side. Your party loyalty is in some bizarre way impressive.