Buddy2

Kamala Harris Vice President

• Members
4 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

Not when genocide is defined so broadly.

There is a clear international definition of genocide that Obama/Trump are absolutely clearly guilty of in Yemen, Bush/Clinton/Biden/Powell et al in Iraq, Kennedy/Johnson in Vietnam, Churchill in India murdered 40 million, King Leopold in the Congo murdered 70 million, etc. America is established on genocide where 90% of 80 million natives were killed in our first century. Why are there statues of Grant and Churchill everywhere? Because their genocide while much much larger than Hitler's was of dark-skinned people and in the US we don't consider that genocide if we or our kind do it. Why was Hitler's killing of a much smaller number called genocide by the west? Because he dared do it to white people. How many A Bombs did we drop on white people?  If we do it to other races it's not genocide. The whole US economy is based on our war machine and our war machine is at least now, used exclusively to kill dark-skinned people in multitudes like non-humans.

At risk of citing Chomsky here, there's an article where he describes how it's basically a matter in the US of if we do it's not genocide. That's not an international law. That's law of the jungle and the most powerful. In the US we're conditioned to commit what is internationally considered genocide without batting an eye. And in elections genocide is just another rather unimportant issue. https://truthout.org/articles/noam-chomsky-how-the-us-politically-vulgarizes-genocide-and-war-crimes/

Edited by tassojunior

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

There is a clear international definition of genocide that Obama/Trump are absolutely clearly guilty of in Yemen, Bush/Clinton/Biden/Powell et al in Iraq, Kennedy/Johnson in Vietnam, Churchill in India murdered 40 million, King Leopold in the Congo murdered 70 million, etc. America is established on genocide where 90% of 80 million natives were killed in our first century. Why are there statues of Grant and Churchill everywhere? Because their genocide while much much larger than Hitler's was of dark-skinned people and in the US we don't consider that genocide if we or our kind do it. Why was Hitler's killing of a much smaller number called genocide by the west? Because he dared do it to white people. How many A Bombs did we drop on white people?  If we do it to other races it's not genocide. The whole US economy is based on our war machine and our war machine is at least now, used exclusively to kill dark-skinned people in multitudes like non-humans.

At risk of citing Chomsky here, there's an article where he describes how it's basically a matter in the US of if we do it's not genocide. That's not an international law. That's law of the jungle and the most powerful. In the US we're conditioned to commit what is internationally considered genocide without batting an eye. And in elections genocide is just another rather unimportant issue. https://truthout.org/articles/noam-chomsky-how-the-us-politically-vulgarizes-genocide-and-war-crimes/

There is also FDR during WWII interning Japanese-descended US citizens in ‘quarantine’ camps.

Not to mention Adams’s Alien & Sedition Acts, or Lincoln’s suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War.

• Members

How can you care about genocides on the other side of the world and show no concern for your neighbors lives? It sounds like bull shit to justify supporting Trump.

I do care for anyone being murdered or mass murdered anywhere in the world, although naturally and logically I am primarily concerned for the lives closer to me. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of people, disproportionately People of Color, dying because of the pandemic. If you are a DC resident (and you are actually involved with the local community), you know that most fatalities are Black and Brown people.

The pandemic would have not gotten to this point in the USA with a competent administration. If you cared at all for your neighbors, you would be supporting Biden-Harris.

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

How can you care about genocides on the other side of the world and show no concern for your neighbors lives? It sounds like bull shit to justify supporting Trump.

I do care for anyone being murdered or mass murdered anywhere in the world, although naturally and logically I am primarily concerned for the lives closer to me. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of people, disproportionately People of Color, dying because of the pandemic. If you are a DC resident (and you are actually involved with the local community), you know that most fatalities are Black and Brown people.

The pandemic would have not gotten to this point in the USA with a competent administration. If you cared at all for your neighbors, you would be supporting Biden-Harris.

Example #1 of a seriously fucked up moral equivalency. "Having to wait a week for a CV test result because of a moronic president is worse than burning millions of people alive or shooting them in their heads". Those lucky Jews in Auschwitz; we had to wait in line for gasoline.  And those complaining of all the four-year olds who had bullets put in their heads in Iraq. We had our damn unemployment checks delayed. We should only care about suffering at home. 

Sorry, to some people genocide is a disqualifier, not a factor. And if we consider dark-skinned people animals overseas, how likely are they to be treated like humans here by police who return from being soldiers?

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
2 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

Example #1 of a seriously fucked up moral equivalency. "Having to wait a week for a CV test result because of a moronic president is worse than burning millions of people alive or shooting them in their heads". Those lucky Jews in Auschwitz; we had to wait in line for gasoline.  And those complaining of all the four-year olds who had bullets put in their heads in Iraq. We had our damn unemployment checks delayed. We should only care about suffering at home. 

Sorry, to some people genocide is a disqualifier, not a factor. And if we consider dark-skinned people animals overseas, how likely are they to be treated like humans here?

The question is how are you treating them when you support Trump's reelection.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

The question is how are you treating them when you support Trump's reelection.

First, if you think your or my vote in DC means anything at all you're out of your mind.

Second, I don't support either of these pigs, the international war criminal or the moronic buffoon. I work for people and issues that can make a  real difference. But I certainly don't glorify the international war criminal, Biden or Obama.

This is how fucked up we are in America now. Killing masses of people in genocide is just a minor problem. Very Germany 1933.

Edited by tassojunior

• Members

16 year old American citizen Obama personally had targeted-assassinated. An American first. His head was blown off by a drone. Obama murdered his little sister 2 weeks later. The drone blew her body into many pieces. Obama bragged "I'm really good at killing people". Their father, an Islamist, had been killed weeks before but Obama wanted to instill fear in people of the US drones. How heartless and savage the US can be. Trump praised Obama's assassination program and continued it. Pigs.

awlaki_web.jpeg?itok=J8FMt72Iimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbbjl-FBugT7FR96cf2cLp06hsfmp.jpg681086c13d4e309f67ed11cc1f8e06303e589255

clinton-hillary-759.jpg

_82933983_20c2011f-ba5f-4dc0-a30d-8f99ddt_ec8fa8cdab414f25b4e69a821db0669e_name_

Edited by tassojunior

• Members

3 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Was going to say something or other.

But just feel we are all on LSD right now.

:unsure:

I think it is called racist guilt. To cover your preference for and complicity with American White Supremacy, and your lack of empathy and caring for the people of color living next to you, you cry for the lives of Brown People you read about in media. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I think it is called racist guilt. To cover your preference for and complicity with American White Supremacy, and your lack of empathy and caring for the people of color living next to you, you cry for the lives of Brown People you read about in media. 

I am not a racist. Just the opposite. And you know nothing of me whatever racially or otherwise. You are white. I live in the densest portion of DC and racially and economically we're piled on top of each other pretty equally. The one thing you notice here is that economics, money, supersedes race nine times out of ten. For 12 years I was the non-paid advisory neighborhood commissioner to DC for my neighborhood elected by my 2000 neighbors overwhelmingly every time by the Black voters over very-well-financed white opponents the white and black gentrifying interests put  up. Except for my first election when I defeated the chairman of our commission who was a corrupt Uncle Tom bougie black. I have noticed that with the younger crowd race by itself is much less an issue and fighting corruption, genocide, and poverty is a given. Good for them. So, as a sideline, I know the workings of DC social strata very well and being called a racist by a white guy is not only water off a duck's back but laughable. 

Obama in particular has done very well financially playing the race card while killing more Blacks than any president in history and taking what wealth Blacks had accumulated here away to help his banker buddies. All those new $50 million mansions of his aren't coming from being the saviour of the poor against Wall Street and Pharma. The reverse. But he does do an amazing con job, especially to the older crowd and the white guilt trippers. In fact Obama intentionally oversaw the greatest taking of wealth away from Blacks in history. And championing his Big Pharma buddies usually meant Blacks were the ones caught in the middle who weren't poor enough for Medicaid but not well-paid enough for employer insurance programs to afford their prescriptions.  There's a reason so many Blacks die without $1000 a month insulin, and Obama gimmicked the price. During his terms Black income plunged in relation to other segments of the population and Black wealth was decimated because of his policies favoring the big banks over, often Black, homeowners they foreclosed on. What little family wealth Blacks had started to accumulate disappeared under his pro-foreclosure policies. As a ironic sidenote, possibly the only other person who was such a disaster to Black home owners was Kamala Harris who as Attorney General in California intervened and stopped the prosecution of Steve Mnuchin for illegally taking 1 million homes in foreclosures in California. He gave her contributions and has come back to be Secretary of the Treasury. Funny how Kamala grilled every Trump appointee except him. Actually not so funny.

Jacobian, a very liberal outlet and not the war propaganda press, has a good article on how Obama was an economic disaster for Blacks through his pro-rich policies. 

How Obama Destroyed Black Wealth https://jacobinmag.com/2017/12/obama-foreclosure-crisis-wealth-inequality

""The Obama presidency was a disaster for middle-class wealth in the United States. Between 2007 and 2016, the average wealth of the bottom 99 percent dropped by $4,500. Over the same period, the average wealth of the top 1 percent rose by $4.9 million.This drop hit the housing wealth of African Americans particularly hard. Outside of home equity, black wealth recovered its 2007 level by 2016. But average black home equity was still $16,700 lower.

Much of this decline, we will argue, can be laid at the feet of President Obama. His housing policies led directly to millions of families losing their homes. What’s more, Obama had the power — money, legislative tools, and legal leverage — to sharply ameliorate the foreclosure crisis.""

He is a master con artist, no doubt. So smooth, so eloquent, such a bull-shitter. 

But my "area" is international law and under international law Obama, Biden, Bush, Powell, Clinton, and probably Trump are international war criminals who committed genocide. I haven't seen so many of them lined up to give speeches as honored guests since McCain's 2008 Republican convention. America has got to get out of dehumanizing people of color as animals to be culled and exterminated. And until we do we won't get out of that attitude toward Blacks and Latinx here in the US. Almost every policeman who kills Blacks learned that attitude toward Blacks overseas in the military.I was on the citizen's review board of our DC police area and don't even get me started on police brutality to Black, brown and gays in DC. My block had to recently take in and fight DC police at our doors for 100 teenage mostly Black peaceful demonstrators they were shooting with rubber bullets and tear gassing in our block. And now Mayor Bowser has paved over the "Defund Police" sign BLM painted and wants the DC police budget vastly increased because their supply of tear gas has been depleted.  Our DC police are almost 100% combat veterans and very racist and anti-gay. 

But being called a racist by a white guy? Don't make me wear my keyboard out typing lol's. 

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

I am not a racist. Just the opposite. And you know nothing of me whatever racially or otherwise. You are white. I live in the densest portion of DC and racially and economically we're piled on top of each other pretty equally. The one thing you notice here is that economics, money, supersedes race nine times out of ten. For 12 years I was the non-paid advisory neighborhood commissioner to DC for my neighborhood elected by my 2000 neighbors overwhelmingly every time by the Black voters over very-well-financed white opponents the white and black gentrifying interests put  up. Except for my first election when I defeated the chairman of our commission who was a corrupt Uncle Tom bougie black. I have noticed that with the younger crowd race by itself is much less an issue and fighting corruption, genocide, and poverty is a given. Good for them. So, as a sideline, I know the workings of DC social strata very well and being called a racist by a white guy is not only water off a duck's back but laughable. 

Obama in particular has done very well financially playing the race card while killing more Blacks than any president in history and taking what wealth Blacks had accumulated here away to help his banker buddies. All those new $50 million mansions of his aren't coming from being the saviour of the poor against Wall Street and Pharma. The reverse. But he does do an amazing con job, especially to the older crowd and the white guilt trippers. In fact Obama intentionally oversaw the greatest taking of wealth away from Blacks in history. And championing his Big Pharma buddies usually meant Blacks were the ones caught in the middle who weren't poor enough for Medicaid but not well-paid enough for employer insurance programs to afford their prescriptions.  There's a reason so many Blacks die without $1000 a month insulin, and Obama gimmicked the price. During his terms Black income plunged in relation to other segments of the population and Black wealth was decimated because of his policies favoring the big banks over, often Black, homeowners they foreclosed on. What little family wealth Blacks had started to accumulate disappeared under his pro-foreclosure policies. As a ironic sidenote, possibly the only other person who was such a disaster to Black home owners was Kamala Harris who as Attorney General in California intervened and stopped the prosecution of Steve Mnuchin for illegally taking 1 million homes in foreclosures in California. He gave her contributions and has come back to be Secretary of the Treasury. Funny how Kamala grilled every Trump appointee except him. Actually not so funny.

Jacobian, a very liberal outlet and not the war propaganda press, has a good article on how Obama was an economic disaster for Blacks through his pro-rich policies. 

How Obama Destroyed Black Wealth https://jacobinmag.com/2017/12/obama-foreclosure-crisis-wealth-inequality

""The Obama presidency was a disaster for middle-class wealth in the United States. Between 2007 and 2016, the average wealth of the bottom 99 percent dropped by $4,500. Over the same period, the average wealth of the top 1 percent rose by $4.9 million.This drop hit the housing wealth of African Americans particularly hard. Outside of home equity, black wealth recovered its 2007 level by 2016. But average black home equity was still $16,700 lower.

DC police are almost 100% combat veterans and very racist and anti-gay. 

That is a ridiculous slur against combat Veterans.  Gross generalization.

Are you including military police as combat Veterans?