Buddy2

Amy Comey Barrett, Supreme Court Nominee

• Members

The Judge talks a good game, and is exceptional smart. Too bad she was nominated by President Trump. We know Trump greatly dislikes the Affordable Care Act and Roe v. Wade. He wouldn't have nominated Judge If she didn't agree with him 

(,I am bringing it up here because bigjoey thankfully does not post on this site).

I don't know bigjoey but assume he is a conservative right winger. 

As for me, I'm a proud liberal. But, I'm always willing to give the President his or her picks based on the election. However, in this case, I do feel unfair after what the Senate did to Obama's last pick. I would have taken it like a man if that had not been the case. However, I will say this, if Biden wins and the Senate flips, if Biden does not stack the court with 4 additional Supremes, I'll never vote for a democrat again. I'm tired of pussy footing around Republicans. They have no desire to work together and have proven this. But, the Dems never get that and if things are not rammed through (if the above scenario takes place, which I am hopeful), I'm done with them.

• Members

The dems strategy about the SC composition drives me crazy. They should respond when they are asked whether or not they will pack the SC. Kamala Harris had a good beginning in the debate, when she flipped the question to point to how the GOP is actually packing the court. But they should not stop there. They should openly say that if the GOP chooses a judge now, they will increase the numbers of judges if they win Senate majority. If Republicans respect the criteria they set 4 years ago, then Dems will respect the traditional size for the SC. Just as there is nothing ilegal or unconstitutional on voting a new SC member now, there is nothing ilegal or unconstitutional in increasing the number of judges. They need to start playing the bully game as the GOP does.

• Members
1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

I don't know bigjoey but assume he is a conservative right winger. 

As for me, I'm a proud liberal. But, I'm always willing to give the President his or her picks based on the election. However, in this case, I do feel unfair after what the Senate did to Obama's last pick. I would have taken it like a man if that had not been the case. However, I will say this, if Biden wins and the Senate flips, if Biden does not stack the court with 4 additional Supremes, I'll never vote for a democrat again. I'm tired of pussy footing around Republicans. They have no desire to work together and have proven this. But, the Dems never get that and if things are not rammed through (if the above scenario takes place, which I am hopeful), I'm done with them.

Perhaps the issue is that the Republicans will retaliate in turn. Biden has to win first, I think.

Bigjoey is a lawyer, an extremely annoying lawyer. He suppported Kavanugh a few years. I am staying here for a while because I want to.

• Members

The thing that annoys me about these life-begins-at-conception folks is that they don't put their money where their mouth is.  Like letting folks take a tax deduction on a zygote.  :rolleyes:

If Amyconeybarret's right, I'm nine months older than I've been letting on.  I should immediately get twenty grand for the Social Security they started late.  And it turns out my insurance premiums were way too high when I started driving.

And when I think of the months of senior discounts I missed at the Golden Corral, it makes my stomach turn.

i-worked-at-golden-corral-and-it-was-dis

Of course so did the pot roast at the Golden Corral but at least I'd have saved a couple bucks.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

The dems strategy about the SC composition drives me crazy. They should respond when they are asked whether or not they will pack the SC. Kamala Harris had a good beginning in the debate, when she flipped the question to point to how the GOP is actually packing the court. But they should not stop there. They should openly say that if the GOP chooses a judge now, they will increase the numbers of judges if they win Senate majority. If Republicans respect the criteria they set 4 years ago, then Dems will respect the traditional size for the SC. Just as there is nothing ilegal or unconstitutional on voting a new SC member now, there is nothing ilegal or unconstitutional in increasing the number of judges. They need to start playing the bully game as the GOP does.

Agree in full. If Biden wins, feels like think the country will flip on the presidency today and he will get 2 terms, if he wants the second one. Then I think 2 more terms with Kamala as pres.

If that comes about, and if control of the Senate flips this election (or even possibly next cycle), the Court can be entirely remade.

• Members

Amy CONjob Barrett is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  The soft voice and strand of pearls doesnt mask the fact that she is complicit in the GOP's THEFT of the SC seat....

She could have refused the nomination at this time and said "Let's wait till the election is open", but she chose to sell her soul to the GOP and become yet another of Trumps puppets, trading her dignity and sealing her fate and LOYALTY to Trump, giving him what HE wants, HER VOTE against the policys he is trying to tear down.   YES, she is complicit, the latest "pussy" that Trump has grabbed in a far less literal sense.....  

Amy CONjob Barrett CANT be trusted....Take that Evangelical bullshit and SHOVE IT !!!! 

• Members
6 hours ago, lookin said:

The thing that annoys me about these life-begins-at-conception folks is that they don't put their money where their mouth is.  Like letting folks take a tax deduction on a zygote.  :rolleyes:

If Amyconeybarret's right, I'm nine months older than I've been letting on.  I should immediately get twenty grand for the Social Security they started late.  And it turns out my insurance premiums were way too high when I started driving.

And when I think of the months of senior discounts I missed at the Golden Corral, it makes my stomach turn.

i-worked-at-golden-corral-and-it-was-dis

Of course so did the pot roast at the Golden Corral but at least I'd have saved a couple bucks.  :unsure:

I simply LOVE a good sweet & sour pot roast.... I put prunes in mine for the sweetness, and in fact this post gave me the push I needed to treat myself, so Today, I am in my kitchen and apron and will be making my delicious pot roast... Thank you @lookin:thumbsup:

• Members
8 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

Nice to see Graham and Feinstein huge it out.

Still, hope it is her last court nomination  as ranking member

Hugging the ENEMY during Wartime is unacceptable....  Disgusting Feinstein !  

• Members

When the GOP had the Senate majority, they rejected the Dem president's SC nominee during an election year.  When a SC vacancy opened up again during an election year, the GOP Senate confirmed the GOP president's nominee.  Them's the rules.  The Republicans played by the rules, and at some point the Dems have to accept that, although they never will.

Dems wanna pack the court?  Gotta take back the Senate first, and thanks to Cunningham's sexting, a Dem-majority Senate is looking less & less likely.  Also, GOP candidates are starting to look competitive in seats that earlier looked lost (MI, AZ).

I read at the beginning of ACB's nomination process that McConnell was aiming for Oct 26 as the final confirmation date, and whaddya know, it looks like they're on schedule.

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

McConnell has not explained why his hands are so brusded. He normally wouldn't have to, but the majority leader is facing the voters in Kentucky in 11 days

Easy bruising of the elderly is a frequent side effect of being on prednisone or some other corticosteroid. For which there could be a number of clinical reasons, which in the public interest he ought to disclose.

Fat chance, of course.

• Members
1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Please .. please, Hillary gets the last laugh

R U serious ?   I dont think this is anything for anyone to be Laughing at !    This was a theft of a SC seat, and a shady, corrupt move by the GOP that could further hurt Americans and their causes.   The GOP is SCUM... Our only hope is that they ALL get their asses kicked on 11/3..... and are thrown to the curb like yesterdays TRASH. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Suckrates said:

R U serious ?   I dont think this is anything for anyone to be Laughing at !    This was a theft of a SC seat, and a shady, corrupt move by the GOP that could further hurt Americans and their causes.   The GOP is SCUM... Our only hope is that they ALL get their asses kicked on 11/3..... and are thrown to the curb like yesterdays TRASH. 

Last laugh means exactly that. Basically the final word, or the final victory. It doesn't mean an actual laugh!!

Jeez

• Members
5 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

Last laugh means exactly that. Basically the final word, or the final victory. It doesn't mean an actual laugh!!

Jeez

Yeah I know, but there is NO victory for anyone but the corrupt GOP, so saying Hillary got the last laugh is FAKE NEWS....JEEZ !  :rolleyes:

• Members
4 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Yeah I know, but there is NO victory for anyone but the corrupt GOP, so saying Hillary got the last laugh is FAKE NEWS....JEEZ !  :rolleyes:

Hi to the latest Trump supporter who keeps mentioning fake news

• Members
9 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

I post here because it is a superior site,

That's total BULLSHIT....  you post on BOTH sites (that OTHER one too), so are they BOTH superior ?

You are starting to hand out crap, just like Mark Meadows....:thumbsup: