BiBottomBoy

Who's The Racist Royal?

3 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Frankly, Piers Morgan is just another TROLL. He's nothing more than an egotistical, misogynist, perhaps racist asshole.

he used to be friends with Trump, that says it all doesn't it....

British white guy trashing brown woman for not doing what he thinks she should.

Poor UK. Still thinks its a colonial empire where white British guys get to tell the world how to please their white guy masters. 

It's just the same stupidity that led to Brexit. All the sad white guys who think they can reclaim their colonial empire if only they get divorced from Europe so they can go back to being top dog again.

Not so much different than all the aggrieved whites in the US who are mad that their skin color doesn't mean they're magically best anymore.

On 3/9/2021 at 5:57 AM, forrestreid said:

Oprah has seemingly announced that it is not the Queen or Philip. I would bet on Charles - he is a bit cerebral well as a bit insensitive so he might have mused about it out loud without realising it would cause such offence. I would think William and Kate would have the sense to realise that any discussion those lines would be very poorly taken.

I just heard some clips so don't quite understand it all.

I wasn't sure what their issue was about the Royal security protection being taken away. Before they left their role as "working Royals"  their security worldwide would have been provided by the Metropolitan Police, and paid for by the taxpayer (once Beatrice and Eugenie reached eighteen their Royal security was removed, so I have heard, as they decided not to be working Royals).

So when Harry and Meghan left for a private life they would have to have had some kind of private security arrangement anyway. The taxpayer wouldn’t be paying any more. So what they are arguing about really, is how much Charles would pay for their security rather than make Harry dip into his mothers nest egg.

So for that reason the whole "I just wanted my son to be safe" line went down a bit poorly with me. I am sure Charles wanted Archie to have good security too - the only question is who was going to pay for it.

I agree that Charles seems to have the type of character who might say it - albeit in jest rather then as a hugely significant moment.

As for title and security, their son could not automatically become a Prince. He would have when the Queen dies and Charles becomes King, but goodness knows why. I too am confused because the issue of security would not have arisen had they stayed in the UK.

I do think a look back at how the Brit royals treat outsiders, even those who have been loyal 'servants', illustrates why they continually put their collective feet into the muck. I read this yesterday on another forum. I have checked the facts and it appears totally true.

"Before the abdication, the present Queen and her sister had a loving nanny Marion Crawford. She was devoted to the children. When their father unexpectedly became king, she postponed her own marriage and chance of having children to stay with the royal family and look after the princesses. She stayed with the family during the war until Princess Elizabeth got married. As a mark of the royal family's gratitude, she was then given what is termed in Britain as a 'grace and favour' residence in the grounds of Kensington Palace. She was permitted to live there at a peppercorn rent for her lifetime. 

"Encouraged by an American publisher, she wrote a simple and loving account of her time with the little princesses. She had nothing in her contract of employment about not putting any of her experiences in writing. It was published in 1950. Immediately she was dropped by the royal family like a stone. She was forced to leave her "home for life" and never had any contact with the royal family again. It destroyed her. To have some chance of seeing the princesses, she bought a house in the Scottish city of Aberdeen so she could at least glimpse them from afar as they left Aberdeen station for their annual holiday in Balmoral. No one ever visited her. Twice she attempted to take her own life, leaving a note saying " I cannot bear those I love to pass me by on the road."

"When she died in 1988, there was no wreath from either of the princesses, from the Queen Mother or anyone associated with the royal family. She had been totally frozen out and totally forgotten.

"Just a few years later came their disgraceful treatment of Princess Diana and her various attempts at self harm. Now MM.

"Now they are also covering up for the depraved disgraceful exploits of (alleged) pedophile Prince Andrew cavorting with young girls thanks to his close friendship with Marc Epstein, even after his Florida conviction. Once Epstein's sidekick Ghislaine Maxwell gets to court, watch for a lot more to come out about this.

"Clearly the people behind the scenes in that dysfunctional family have zero interest in outsiders and not an ounce of sympathy for them."