TotallyOz

Fantasy Island Reboot

29 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Oh dear! I loathed Fantasy Island when it was aired decades ago and gave up watching after a couple of episodes. I won't be watching the new series. Thankfully we all have different tastes. 

LOL I loved it. "The Plane. The Plane."

I also think part of it has to do with family. I grew up with 3 channels and this was one of three choices at the time and my family loved it. So, we always watched it. It was either that or homework. Yuck!

• Members
On 8/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, TotallyOz said:

LOL I loved it. "The Plane. The Plane."

I also think part of it has to do with family. I grew up with 3 channels and this was one of three choices at the time and my family loved it. So, we always watched it. It was either that or homework. Yuck!

I watch reruns of Love Boat and am always amazed how many old stars they scooped up to come aboard!

• Members
17 hours ago, JKane said:

Yes, there was a movie on him that was pretty good

Thanks for the movie link JKane... here's a little background

In the early morning hours of September 4, 1993, Villechaize, aged 50, is believed to have first fired a shot through the sliding-glass patio door to awaken his longtime girlfriend, Kathy Self, before shooting himself at his North Hollywood home. Self found Villechaize in his backyard, and he was pronounced dead at a North Hollywood facility. His ashes were scattered into the Pacific Ocean off Point Fermin in San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.[citation needed]

Villechaize left a suicide note saying he was despondent over longtime health problems.[12][13] Villechaize was suffering from chronic pain due to having oversized internal organs putting increasing pressure on his body. According to Self, Villechaize often slept in a kneeling position so he could breathe more easily.[12]

At the time of his death, Cartoon Network was in negotiations for him to co-star in Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which was in preproduction at the time. Villechaize would have voiced Space Ghost's sidekick on the show.[14]

Depictions in media

In a March 2012 New York Times interview, Peter Dinklage revealed that Sacha Gervasi and he spent several years writing a script about Villechaize. Gervasi, a director and journalist, conducted a lengthy interview with Villechaize just prior to his suicide; according to Dinklage, "After he killed himself, Sacha realized Hervé's interview was a suicide note".[15] The film, My Dinner with Hervé,[16] which is based on the last few days of Villechaize's life, stars Dinklage in the title role,[17] and premiered on HBO on October 20, 2018.[3][18]