TMax

Australians let us rejoice.

Well we're almost there, the only issue is which state you fly back into as per quarantine rules (and the airlines of course) but we are slowly seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I will still be waiting until things get back to some form of normality or at least to the new nomal.

Travel exemptions to leave Australia officially scrapped for fully vaccinated travellers from November 1

The federal government has removed the need for fully vaccinated Australians to ask for permission to leave the country from Monday, but those who are unvaccinated will still have to ask for an exemption if they want to leave.

When the government closed the international border in March last year it also barred Australians from leaving the country unless they had an exemption.

It was able to make the rules under the Human Biosecurity Determination — a law created to protect the population from people bringing COVID to Australia from overseas.

Last night, Health Minister Greg Hunt changed the Determination so that from November 1, anyone who was fully vaccinated could leave as they pleased.

"Australian citizens and permanent residents who want to travel overseas will need to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a [Therapeutic Goods Administration]-approved or recognised vaccine, with the second dose occurring at least seven days prior to travel," he said.

Australians almost there

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Congratulation for joining world again! 

Unfortunately, a bit premature because those of us living in Western Australia still have to wait until at least after Christmas - more likely April - before we can escape. And even then we will no doubt have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Of course, I'm pissed off because I can't travel. But I feel especially sad for those who can not meet their family members living overseas.

Yeah that's why I'm patiently waiting, just don't fancy having a trip to Thailand or Singapore and having to then quarantine for 2 weeks. Happy being in WA and not having to go through what those in the east have, still waiting that bit longer gives us a chance to see how it plays out at the start. Also need the airlines to get back those Perth to Bangkok direct flights again.