Tomm42

First Trip to BkK in >half decade

16 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

It was several years ago, so my recollection isn't going to be exact.

I suspect some of us first came to LoS expecting to find skilled oriental courtesans tending to our every exotic need, only to find that mostly we're dealing with obliging but unskilled farmboys. If so, this might be the other side of the coin 😀.

"Very modest shop" - that's the street door in the picture. More "discreet" than "modest", I think. Inside, it's as you might imagine from the pictures on the website. Lots of wood panelling, crisp linen, elegant decorations, very spa-like.

How long it lasts? probably 45 minutes for each part. I imagine if you book just the tantric massage it would be an hour or more.

Earth-shattering treatment? yes and no, the therapist deliberately doesn't deliver that, which is sort of the point. The aim is for you to lie back, close your eyes, relax in a meditative sort of way, and think of England while he edges you just to this side of the earthquake, and you're supposed to tell him if he's going too far (no need, he was pretty good at judging it.) After that, you get a few minutes to relax before the conventional masseur takes over, and from there on you are in control again and the earth shatters (or not) as you wish.

Did I enjoy it? Yes. If you like skilled delayed gratification and the sensation of having somebody else taking care of everything, that's what you'll get.

Would I go again? Not often, but I wouldn't say "never": it is expensive, and it is an impersonal sort of experience compared with the usual massage, but I don't regret having tried it. 

If you don't try it, you'll never know. 

Thaiophilus 

reading and re-reading your post is making me really quite intrigued with this ‘therapy’ at SpaBangkok.  Think it’s a bit of kink of mine to try to endure getting edged by a guy’s teasing hands, trying to hold out and resist, only to be slowly tipped over the edge..lol.  So maybe this is a form of therapy I should bite the bullet and try.  It lasts 1.5 hrs then I thunk is what you’re saying, 45 min parts x 2.

I find there’s always been something very erotic going for a massage, and valiantly trying not to get aroused to avoid embarrassment- but somehow being inexorably and slowly tipped over the edge with just some strategic stroking.   This treatment sounds almost like that - and I’ve always wondered if there was a tickle teasing and edging therapy, and this is probably as close as it gets .. lol, unless anyone knows of any other professional edger in BKK that I’d be up for a challenge for? 

thanks for the feedback.. it’s great!  

16 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

I suspect some of us first came to LoS expecting to find skilled oriental courtesans tending to our every exotic need, only to find that mostly we're dealing with obliging but unskilled farmboys.

And I'm ever so grateful that was exactly what I found. 😊

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

no shortage of hotels  in all price range walking distance to  to Patpong area .

as for stack of 100's  you may want to change money at XOne on Suriwong, one or  two sois past soi Tawan walking FROM Patpong. They are very accommodating with request to give few thousands in 100's .

As for tipping , don't overdue it because you may become easy target which may become costly and ever more important, annoying. And I don't think I'm particularly stingy, specially in Tawan.

few things to consider :

if boy sits with you uninvited don't feel under pressure to buy him a drink or even less to tip him unless you want to. Show that you are not interested ( simple hand gesture will suffice) and he will go away.

If he starts massaging you and you don't want it for any reason / for example you have an eye on another guy, my most likely reason / , tell him ' no' .  But if you let him to continue I'd tip him that 100. If you buy him a drink , either on your own or he will talk you too, then yes, he is supposed to sit with you and you are supposed to tip him 100-200, depending of time taken, more if you guys will be more adventurous, touchy , kissy etc.

if you invite boy to sit with you  , then  yes you are supposed to buy him a drink and tip as described above. But he is supposed to sit with you , not circulate. If he will go here and there every 5 minutes forget about tipping him , even less 100 for every 5 minutes. I'd be actually pretty pissed off. Only case I let him leave is toilet or if he he called to the scene for his rotation or participates in the show.  

If you decide to off that guy tonight, don't tip him for sitting with you in the bar, he will get his off tip  in the room

on another hand be fair to boys and if you don't intend to off him today , I'd tell him that after say, 20 minutes and if he wants, release him and tip him of course.

It's perfectly acceptable and at Tawan but also in other bars  few times I had somebody else sitting with me and somebody else waiting in wings in the knowledge he will be offed that night , both informed about outcome in advance.  

for bringing drinks I tip waiter 20 per round i.e if he brings drinks for me and a boy at the same time it's 20. If I order drink  just for myself it's 20 and if later on I invite guy to sit with me it's another 20.

word of caution, seasoned guys sometimes may try to invite their bar friend for a drink at your expense, feel free to say no, specially if they did not even ask you if you agree. If you are soft hearted or don't want other guy to lose face , chalk up your loss but at first opportune moment let your guy know you did not like it. Happens very rarely but it does.

mamasans are known to stretch their palms and feel free to ignore those unless they act as waiters too or if they were helpful i.e calling boy not scheduled today to come because you asked about him  or helped with translation etc. On another hand if you are planning to frequent particular bar more often it may be good idea to slip that 100 to mamasan at one point just in case you may need him.

Contrary to what you may hear from mamasans  , if you know whom you want it's nothing wrong to show up in the bar and point at the door " I want guy # 81 ", pay off fee and go with him without  bothering  with drinks , shows, tips  etc. Of course that would work only if you clear with boy in question he will go with you. 

hope it helped 

Thanks again for this vinapu. I think I will try to head over to Tawan a bit earlier at say 10pm and get an inconspicuous table by the side.. to observe, but hopefully not be in the clear sight of being excessively observed to th e extent I can!  These are enormously helpful tips.  With all these exchanges,  I’m feeling I’m so looking forward to the trip! 🙏

Tomm42

macaroni21  is right, impossible to be invisible in Tawan, just go, sit wherever will be free seat and enjoy, don't worry about anything, guys there are friendly.

When comes to worst tell them " I  like girls", they won't believe you but get the message  not to pester you too much 

On 8/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, Tomm42 said:

Thanks reader.  It looks a very modest shop indeed for an outfit to be charging what its site suggests it charges.  It doesn’t even look open!

I asked a friend who works nearby to check if Spa Bangkok is open for business. He reports that it was open today (Wednesday).

Was also told that 90-minute session at Best Massage is 600 bht.

21 hours ago, vinapu said:

Tomm42

macaroni21  is right, impossible to be invisible in Tawan, just go, sit wherever will be free seat and enjoy, don't worry about anything, guys there are friendly.

When comes to worst tell them " I  like girls", they won't believe you but get the message  not to pester you too much 

Haha - thanks Macaroni and vinapu. Thr size of a kitchen?!  Heck! I didn’t know the place was so small!     I’ll have a mull if I should wear my Secret Squirrel shades.. 

and thanks for the heads up on the Siloam Plaza massage outlets, reader. You’re incredibly connected!