Gaybutton

90-day Address Report Online - Update

Good to hear the online form that has been so problematic in the past is working well now.  Alternatively if one lives close to Jomtien Immigration (and it's not your first 90 report so that you're in their system) you can just drop off your passport to an Immigration official outside and come back one hour later.

16 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

In Bangkok this does not work your first time upon arrival.

It doesn't work anywhere in Thailand if it is your first address report.  I should have mentioned that.  Your very first address report has to be done at an immigration office.  After that you can use the online system.  I don't know how it works if your address ever changes.  My guess is you would probably have to personally go to immigration for the first report after changing your address. 

Also, when the time comes when you have to get a new passport, the passport number will change.  You would have to go to immigration for that.  While you're there I would advise making sure your new passport information is also given to the address reporting desk so it can be entered into the system and won't interfere with online reporting.

To me, it would make much more sense to have to do an address report only if your address changes, but they don't do it that way.  At least now you can do the 90-day address reports online.  Not exactly a major difficulty or inconvenience.

Your first report can either be in person or by mail in Bangkok. If you change addresses or exit the country, or get a new visa, the same process (in person or in mail) and then online works. I like the online option a lot. But, I have traveled a bit and now will mail everything for a bit.