Xclay

New Porto Alegre Sauna

• Members
On 7/2/2023 at 11:14 AM, Xclay said:

Update on new sauna Lux:

• Don't announce that you are a short-term visitor. I find the prospects that you might be a longer-term repeating customer elevates you to the Platinum level for customer service. And of course you indeed may come back for more. I sure do.

It would be difficult to pretend to be a longer term customer if you don't speak the language.  Not many tourists stay more than a few days in Porto Alegre.

• Members

Scott, you are totally right that most people do not stay very long, certainly not ten days or two weeks like I often do, in Porto Alegre! (Recap here.)

Regarding the language, I know men who spend many months in Brazil (for work or pleasure) and have learned surprisingly little Portuguese. An Aussie friend was recently in Brazil for six months and still could not distinguish between chupa and chuva.

I do think it is interesting that one of the first question I invariably get asked by GPs is how long I will be around. That question is so widespread that I take it as more than a random inquiry. Maybe I'm wrong, but the answer (a couple of days vs. a couple of weeks) seems to me like the difference between the session being a one-night stand versus an audition.

Or maybe I'm imagining things?

• Members

Scott, since you asked...
Generalizing and estimating here...

When I can say two weeks that tends to prompt raised eyebrows and "sim? muito bom" and another hug.  It feels to me like my status gets elevated and there is no rush to the shower.

But when I have to say I am leaving in a couple of days... then at least some of the wind goes out of the sail.

Of course all of us have different chemistry with different guys. And (based on guessing given the cool name Scott) you may get 100% without any marginal value added from this little angle. But for me, it seems to help a bit.