Zackbr1952

Any knew news on October 1st Visa Requirement?

• Members
4 hours ago, floridarob said:

A friend has had issues with the site uploading documents..... not sure how it's going, it's still pending.

I managed to get in but got stuck further along the process. Not a mature system.

And they ask for so many document uploads, it is not as easy as the US Esta system which just asks for accurate information, the US doesn't ask for "6 different documents that will prove to us that you are not lying".

I have given up, I'll use one of my other passports to enter Brazil.

• Members
3 hours ago, scott456 said:

Then, you are falsifing your bank account document. 

Falsifying or protecting your assets from underpaid civil servants with loose lips and even more greedier hands. Honestly, I wouldn't trust TSA with these docs either. I would place them in a separate account and transfer funds as soon as I printed the statements.

• Members
3 hours ago, scott456 said:

Then, you are falsifing your bank account document. 

In my experience, visa companies always strongly recommended obscuring your exact account number on the bank statement. This does not misrepresent your financial status which is the purpose of the document.

Alas, we'll miss you in Brazil. Sounds like this requirement may be a deal breaker for you. 

10 hours ago, Novarunner said:

Has anybody actually gotten a e-visa for Brazil yet?  Is it good for only a single trip or a set amount of time once you get it?

It is good for multiple trips and mine is valid for 10 years.  It took 3-4 weeks of processing time before I received the e-visa so suggest applying early.

• Members

Maybe they are catching up with the backlog because the turnaround time for my e-visa (received yesterday) was only two weeks.  Happily, it was also a ten-year visa.

Because the e-visa is not a stamp or glued into my passport, I'm going to make multiple backup copies for my computer and physical files. I do not want to misplace it! Plus I'm going to save the PDF as a JPG and store another copy on my phone in the album where I keep photos of my passport, vaccinations, etc.

Incidentally, quite a few seemingly authoritative visa companies stated that you can use your credit card report showing your maximum and available balance instead of sending your bank account details. That is what I did.

For my Chase Visa, I only sent the one "cover page" that shows the max and available balance (in Acrobat I added yellow highlights), rather than the additional pages that list all my specific monthly credit card charges. Apparently, that was fine.

Nice to have this wrapped up.

• Members

It’s advisable to delineate your name consistently. If your passport includes a middle name, for example, ensure it is represented on your travel document and financial statement, all three versions aligned. I took care of this early on because there can be a delay  between modification and what appears on the document needed for submission. 

An inconsistency might not pose an impediment to finalization but VFS Global has emphasized this aspect and indicated it is one reason that some applications are stalled in limbo. Don’t worry if an actual debit or credit card is not yet updated to conform to the document.

I believe, as well, that the consular adjudication step may be more oriented to the culture of lengthier and consistent name designation than incentivized to let one slip through. 

That said, at a Canadian airline check-in this decade I was pulled aside for vetting, prior to security clearance, at a separate desk because my passport middle name was not reflected on my flight ticket, associated loyalty points registration, or vaccination document I had in hand. 

• Members

I am seeing conflicting news stories about the upcoming visa changes for April 10, 2024. The Brazil Report states that the requirement might be dropped for U.S. citizens, while VisaGuide states that Brazil is postponing till next year. While the actual e-visa site has not had any updates regarding the date since February 2nd.

https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/

https://visaguide.world/news/brazil-postpones-imposing-visas-for-australians-canadians-americans-until-april-10-2025/