reader

Family Mart Convenience Stores to be Fully Rebranded to Tops Daily

From Pattaya News

Bidding farewell to Thailand, the iconic “Family Mart” convenience stores is being fully rebranded as “Tops Daily” after over three decades of service.

Central Retail Corporation PLC (CRC) has made the decision to fully transform and rename its iconic Family Mart convenience stores to Tops Daily by the end of this year.

This strategic move comes as CRC’s contract for the Family Mart franchise in Thailand is set to expire in 2023. The rebranding aims to align and streamline CRC’s convenience store business under the Tops Daily banner, CRC’s chief operating officer, Maytinee Phisutsinthop stated.

The number of FamilyMart branches in Thailand has declined drastically from 1,135 in 2017 to 409 in 2023. In contrast, its primary business rival, 7-Eleven, has more than 13,000 branches.

1 hour ago, reader said:

The number of FamilyMart branches in Thailand has declined drastically from 1,135 in 2017 to 409 in 2023. In contrast, its primary business rival, 7-Eleven, has more than 13,000 branches.

One favourite that is definitely gone was located at the corner of Soi Twilight and Suriwong Road. The number of times I patronised that place, sometimes with boy de la nuit in tow!

But seriously, I wonder why Family Mart outlets have so drastically declined in number when 7-11s have grown. I've never found any real difference between the two chains; I'd go to whichever was nearer. Were other customers choosier, I wonder? Causing Family Mart to do worse per store than 7-11?

10 hours ago, reader said:

From Pattaya News

Bidding farewell to Thailand, the iconic “Family Mart” convenience stores is being fully rebranded as “Tops Daily” after over three decades of service.

"Tops Daily?" Where would Bottoms go?