pauleiro

Saunas and bars in Porto Alegre 2023

• Members

It seems that the scene over there is changing a little. 

The Xclay's post on New Porto Alegre Sauna, mentions that former Plataforma was changed into a renovated Lux sauna. 

In addition, Mezzaninu's former owner, Rui, who was ill lead to a total lack of maintenance in a sauna which used to be very clean and very nice. 

Mezzaninu is changing owner, so we might expect improvements in a near future (ie hot water in clean cabins and towels without holes). 

Screenshot_20230816_145432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b439b5632d01ee1bcda1b41627bdced.jpg

In addition, Mixx moved last week end to Mezzaninu. I am not sure of what it means. Maybe Mixx' owner is going to take over Mezzaninu to make a mixx of former bar (where boys were available) and Mezzaninu sauna ... 

Screenshot_20230816_145404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7e360c6346f97b6f3748f63a110ac260.jpg

• Members

Pauleiro, thanks for the update on the fast changing and greatly improving Porto Alegre scene!  That is big breaking news.  Competition is shaking things up.

1. New owners transform Plataforma into Lux.
  2. Now, new owners are transforming Mezzaninu to Mezzaninu Plus. And the integration of the funky late night cruisy Bar Mixx into a revitalized Mezzaninu Plus could be a hot combo.

I saw the big improvements at Lux early this summer. Now I am excited to see revived and hybrid Bar Mixx and Mezzaninu Plus when I return to PA in November or December.

• Members

Indeed, I was in Lux last Friday and Saturday at the end of the afternoon. Did not find the gem I expected. There were a dozen of boys but none I really fancied except one whom  I went with 8 years or so ago in Mezzaninu.  I went often with him in the past and I still remembered his name and skills. The name is the same and the skills even improved. He saved my Saturday evening which otherwise would have been boring. On Friday, there was a common party between Lux and Indiscretus at the Indiscretus cabaret site.

I did not even care to go to Mezzaninu this trip.

• Members

Seems like the scene in smaller cities are changing. Olimpo in BH no longer has GPs. The sauna in Curitiba that housed many really good looking GPs now changed owner and no longer has GPs. And now Porto Alegre seems like a hit and miss. Haven’t been back to Fortaleza, I wonder if California is still good.

• Members
On 12/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, pauleiro said:

Indeed, I was in Lux last Friday and Saturday at the end of the afternoon. Did not find the gem I expected.... I did not even care to go to Mezzaninu this trip.

My two weeks in Porto Alegre (out of ten weeks in Brazil) overlapped with Pauleiro. Looks like our experiences diverged. I am eclectic in my preferences and I did usually have really good romps at Lux — even during the week — with enthusiastic prior favs plus surprisingly fun newbies. Only two were subpar.

Unlike FloridaRob and Pauleiro, I did venture over to old Mezzaninu a few times. It was never as totally empty as when Scott456 visited recently, but it was close. When I went, Mezz only had two-to-four GPs. Yet, one day I met a cute, very short, 19yo, excited GP btm on his second day on the job. Another day I ran into a tall, handsome old favorite. Of course, Lux was still the better venue.

However, for most visitors, especially those with particular niche tastes, Buttercawan is absolutely right that PA is a roll of the dice.

P.S.
I see mentions that you'll encounter guys from a blond Northern European gene pool. That was my experience in PA in the days of Plataforma twenty years ago when there were GPs with light brown hair, including the novelty of an almost blond young German-Jewish taekwondo btm from Gramado. These days such fair GPs seem far less common. The many white GPs are mostly Mediterranean white.

• Members
4 hours ago, Xclay said:

I see mentions that you'll encounter guys from a blond Northern European gene pool. That was my experience in PA in the days of Plataforma twenty years ago when there were GPs with light brown hair, including the novelty of an almost blond young German-Jewish taekwondo btm from Gramado. These days such fair GPs seem far less common. The many white GPs are mostly Mediterranean white.

Where did they go? 

• Members

Floridarob, above you wrote "neither did I" so it sure sounded like you were or had recently been in PA. The record has now been duly corrected.

But, yes, tons of fun in Rio and far more good candidates. I'm in Rio now too and enjoying it except for the rain.

• Members
4 hours ago, scott456 said:

Where did they go? 

Good question. Perhaps more of the fair "German" GPs now migrate to SP/Rio where sauna prospects are more lucrative and sugar daddies more plentiful. Also one speculation is that many descendants of German and other northern European immigrants have become more prosperous over the past couple of decades. And to really speculate, some intermarriage over the past generation might darken the dirty blond hair!

8 hours ago, Xclay said:

I'm in Rio now too and enjoying it except for the rain.

I'm here still, extended my stay by a couple of days....went to Junior's B'day party tonight. Been to many, have known him for 20 years now. I've always taken pics, even before selfies and cell phones. I love showing guys pics from 20+ yrs ago, except it makes me feel old 😟

Since I'm a vampire, I haven't noticed the rain....must be a daytime thing??

• Members
8 hours ago, floridarob said:

I'm here still, extended my stay by a couple of days....went to Junior's B'day party tonight. Been to many, have known him for 20 years now. I've always taken pics, even before selfies and cell phones. I love showing guys pics from 20+ yrs ago, except it makes me feel old 😟

Since I'm a vampire, I haven't noticed the rain....must be a daytime thing??

I was there as well. I wondered if we talked.

1 hour ago, buttercawan said:

@floridarob Did you leave around 10:30 with a GP talking about cleaning house.. kkk

I left about that time, with Patrick, he was the former DJ at 117, many from here might know him....he's like my daughter and was the first time I was able to see him on this trip, glad I got a chance to, on my last full night.

He's lining something up for me tomorrow before I leave for the airport 😉