TotallyOz

Bangkok Parks and Street Hustlers

I met a taxi driver today whose boss owns a gay bar for Thais. He is going to take me on a tour of the gay street scene in Bangkok. Don't worry, I plan on picking up no one. But, I am very interested to see what is out there. Any specific locations anyone can suggest? Thanks.

I met a taxi driver today whose boss owns a gay bar for Thais. He is going to take me on a tour of the gay street scene in Bangkok. Don't worry, I plan on picking up no one. But, I am very interested to see what is out there. Any specific locations anyone can suggest? Thanks.

One place that not many "farang" go is Saphan Kwai. Ask the driver to take you to Pradiphat, Soi 20. There are some gay venues there and at least one gay go-go bar there. The bars are not exactly the quality you would find in Soi Twilight, but I enjoy them. Some people say that those venues are primarily for other Thais and "farang" are not appreciated there. Horse hockey! I've been several times and I've been given marvelous trreatment, service, and attention each time.

If you change your mind, there is a hotel right there called The Embassy. The rooms are old, but quite suitable and they charge 700 baht per night. I'm sure that hotel is often also used as a short-time hotel.

There are some other gay go-go bars in Saphan Kwai. Any of the gay venues can tell you where they are.

Saphan Kwai is in the north part of Bangkok, quite close to the Chatuchak market. If you've never been, give it a try.

I hear also that the Lumphini Park, near the Pinnacle Hotel, is a good cruise area. At least it used to be. Whether it still is or not, I don't know. I've never tried it. Perhaps another poster can enlighten us.

Lumphini Park near the monument at Rama IV & Silom around dusk.

A 60 y.o. Thai friend told me he used to cruise Sanam Luang (Open field\park near Nat'l Museum, Phra Chan Road runs thru it) after school, looking for other nalak high school boys and ruplah men, and had to invent stories about why he so often was kept after school & was so late (If he was lucky) getting home. I've heard that place is still cruisy and risque but risky after dark. :ninja:

We had to wait for a taxi there one afternoon. There were a lot of boys look-look but I already had one and he told me not to talk-talk! (Darn-darn!) He said they were, 'bad boys.' (Aren't those the best kind?)

So I sighed and said, 'But that's same-same why I'm with you.' (Oh-oh! 'Thai-lip' alert!)

But then he smiled, 'I good boy. Sure.' and giggled. :wub:

In Thailand, I fall in love so many times a day I don't even try to keep count. Keeping count lacks spontaneity and would just get in the way.

Guest catawampuscat

I look forward to your report and hope you take some notes and take care of yourself..

BKK can get a bit boring with the same old same old and even Babylon seems a bit routine

lately.. :D

Guest PapaDavid

Lumphini Park near the monument at Rama IV & Silom around dusk.

At the risk of being accused of highjacking this thread (LOL biggrin.gif ) an English expat pal of mine living in BKK has been mugged twice after picking up guys from Lumpini Park - (he is into rough trade).

The biggest danger apart from that is that you do not know the sexual health of the guy - at least in most of the bars they get blood tests at frequent intervals (admittedly that is no guarantee and safe sex is always advisable).

PARKS

I only know Lumphini Park and it certainly has lots of opportunites. I seldom walk through there in the daytime without an invitation - mostly a bit camp for my taste. I hear the very early morning is fun in the bushes. It opens at 4.30 a.m. Rarely can one hitch up with any of the musclemen from the gyms. The area by the statue - I think it's Rama III not as one would imaging Rama IV - has been upgraded with a fountain ( rarely working) and huge numbers of brilliant lights. I think that has put paid to cruising there.

I am not sure but I think I read something about cruisy parks or grounds in the Ramkhamhaeng developing gay area by the University. This seems mostly Thai for Thai and friends who have investigated found it impossible to hook up though they were welcome everywhere. The guys seems to always go out in groups.

STREETS

Street Hustlers seem to be a bit on the wane. The mainly underage used to hang around Robinsons on the corner of Silom and Rama IV but, happily, no more. I see guys around Soi Twilight ( What are we to call it now that Twilight closed? Duangathawee Plaza is a bit of a mouthfull - Boy Plaza is used some places )at the Suriwong Road entrance there are usually some guys around the Family Mart and further along on the steps of a bank though this was roped off recently. There are often a few guys around the Wall Street huge Greek style temple opposite.

Rama IV between Suriwong and Silom has guys asking "Where you go?" from mid evening to the wee small hours. I have met some very nice guys there over the years and never had a hint of trouble. Mr M as big muscle guy is often there and may fit into your 'alpha' category.

I am not sure if this is Street or Park but I have read in guides that Sanam Luang alongside the barracks was good for picking up sailors and soldiers but you need to have a car and speak Thai and be prepared to go to a nearly short time room. This may have faded since the armed forces get better pay these days.

Gaythailand I do hope that you can add comprehensively to this list after your tour. However, I suspect that the "gay street scene" is not too exciting and mostly commercial.

Guest pete1969

Last night the BF and I cruised the strip near the Royal Palace. I am surprised no one mentioned this area yet on this thread. Just past the military buildings across from the palace is a few block long crusing strip that we drove around about ten times before making our choice. The cruise strip is actually four streets that form a rectangle. The going rate is 500 baht (1,000 for couples).

There were probably 75-100 boys and all of them were decent looking, with a great number being very good looking. Most looked like Uni students. The boy we ended up selecting was 19yo (the bf and I both looked at his ID card) and was beautiful. He was from Chiang Mai and a University student. We went to a nice short time room nearby that cost 200 bt (though there was a seedier ST hotel with 70 bt rooms that we opted against). He was probably the best sex the bf and I have had with a third.

I saw a number of taxis crusing the square with passengers in the back trying to make a selection. There was also a large number of private cars. Our boy told us most of the trade in this area were Uni students, that they self-policed underage hustlers from working there, that many boys would pull several tricks a day, and that it beat working in a bar even with a lower tip.

Personally, I thought the boys here beat most of those in go-go bars as far as looks went. No off fee, no drinks to buy, and a 500 bt going rate (which they tell you up front). I would never pick up anyone here if they did not have an ID, but all-in-all, I think this is the best kept secret in BKK. BTW, on the other side of the palace is where the military guys who are hustling stand and work. We cruised this area once, and there were tons of cute guys (some in uniform), but I wanted to stick to one strip to cruise.

There were definitely plenty of hot guys to go around, so I don't think it should be secret. I'm sure if one hails a taxi later at night and says Royal Palace that the driver will know what you want.

Wow. What a night. What a side of Bangkok I have not seen before. I am not really sure where to start so here goes.

I met a taxi driver who was wonderful and offered for me many suggestions for cruising., He agreed to meet me at 7PM to start the tour., He did not show but kept calling and saying he would be there in 10 min. I hate when someone is late and I hired a car from my hotel as I had the itch to see the street scene.

We started out by the park close to the Royal Palace. There are a great number of boys there at night and working. They are easy to spot. Slow your car down and they will yell out 500 bath. The area is Saran Ramn Park. There is a canal along the street of Khu Myang Doem. You can go up and down that area and find many boys. When I say boys, I do mean 18 and up as almost 98 percent of what we saw were twenties.

The rate for this are is 500 bath. I spoke to over 10 boys and they all said the same thing., They were gay. They did everything. The rate was 500 for short time. At 8pm. I met a nice 20 year old student that I liked. He had a very preppie look and I invited him into the car. He did a bit of oral in the car and we let him out in less than 20 min. Not a bad way to start the night but I was not interested in finishing so early.

At 8PM there were about 30 or so guys waiting for customers. At 11, there were about 60 or so. At 1:00, there were even more but the rain kept out the numbers I had been told to expect. The night was amazing and the guys were all sexy. Many of the faces I saw were amazing and they all looked more like college boys than street boys.

We then headed for Pradipat 20. This area is mostly Karaoke bars with one gogo bar. The Karaoke bars all have off able boys. They are:

Oasis

Adam

Waterloo

Stax

K-2

Street

The gogo bar was Be High. Not more than 20 boys but there were about 4 that were superstars!

In these bars, the drinks were normally 120 bath. The off fee was 300. The atmosphere was very relaxing and low pressure.

I really enjoyed my talks with the mamasan of Oasis and K-2. Oasis had about 7 boys and 4 sitting separately were already offed for the night. The music was nice and the bar was fun,

K-2 was a lot of fun. I had drinks with 3 boys and enjoyed my time so much with one that I took him as my companion for the night. He is 20 years old, a student at a local university, the son of a policeman and a masculine gay boy. He had never been to Soi Twilight so I took him to 5 bars over there to see what the place was like. He loved it. He was a bit shy but he had a smile the whole time.

There are boys working near the Peninsula and the McDonalds close to Suriwong. There are also several boys still working outside the family mart and bank near Soi Twilight. The numbers were very low compared to the park.

I did not have time to get to other areas but I will try on the next trip.

I highly recommend K-2 as a nice place to visit along with all the other bars on that street. If you have done the gay bars off of Suriwong, you need to break up your time and try something different.

The driver I had said the boys at the park were very safe and even recommended a few to me. He knew my type and all the boys there are very approachable.

All in all, we have a great night. I enjoyed my boy from the park. I am currently enjoying my boy from K-2. He is still with me and we are going to have some fun.

Guest pete1969

GT,

Glad you found the strip by the palace. I was amazed at the number of quality guys there and the real bargain that it proved to be. The best deal in LOS in my opinion.

Pete

Pete, I totally agree. An unchartered territory IMO, The boys were sexy and I had a very savvy driver and he said the ones I spoke to were safe to take away from the area. He also mentioned a short time hotel close by. I was really amazed at the sexy boys. There were none finner in all the gogo bars I have been in (and I have been to a few of them). smile.gif

GayThailand - What a terrific report - I forcast a traffic jam there within days. I love the way that you enjoy life and obviously chat happily to anyone.

I have to admit that I reposted your message on cruisingforsex.com Thailand. I did not put a link or name. How do you feel about that? I don't want to cause offense but feel sure that others will get great pleasure reading of your adventures.

Rama IV between Suriwong and Silom has guys asking "Where you go?" from mid evening to the wee small hours. I have met some very nice guys there over the years and never had a hint of trouble. Mr M as big muscle guy is often there and may fit into your 'alpha' category.

can you give a description of mr. m? where does he usually hang out and how much does he charge?

Thank you for the update about Saphan Khway, my second home away from home ... I am happy K-2 is open now, it was closed two months ago ; is it a karaoke place ?

When I was there in July (on the famous two days in a row when everything was closed), a new place was going to open on the corner facing both Staxx (or is it Heaven ?) and Waterloo, this looked like a gay restaurant / karaoke and was named "The Swan", was it open ?

K-2 was a Karaoke Place. It was newely decorated and very well done. It was comfortable inside and had some very sexy boys. I had drinks with 2 boys and the mamasan. The mamasan is 30 years old, college educated and speaks perfect english. He is also leaving for a month to go to Paris and London and Madrid. It sounded to me like he had a boyfriend for a long time. However, the place was very friendly and inviting and I enjoyed my time there very much.

The entire street was fun and a nice change of pace. The boys were low key and non agressive.

Guest LoeplohandNalac

Yes that was a interesting post however we think wowpow should not have posted it on the cruising for sex board. Why ?

Well Guess !

We are a big fan from Cherry restaurant, we love the food there.

But we are not going to tell this on the board.

Soons its like..sorry boys..full house.

I have a couple of friends who guard info on new places that they find incase whn they go there the cute ones are gone. Frankly I call them Mean Queens and I am happy - in all my names - that everyone knows about all the lovely places. If I can help someone enjoy life more it gives me pleasure.

To be honest a good friend of mine did rush to Saran Ramn late last Wednesday and found about thirty guys but he did not like them and said they were very much street hustlers. When he asked if there were any University students around the one guy who spoke a little English laughed to indicate a no. I think most Univerity students would speak a little English?

Now beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the place may well vary from night to night and during the night as well so maybe when you go there don't get your expectations up too high and you will avoid disappointments

Guest chrisakm

I would love to explore this new found secret place but i guess the best way is by car? Would be great if you can introduce this taxi driver to me? my email is ***Email Removed By Admin. Please Use Private message to contact member.***

Cheers, terry

Guest noy9000

I like Saphan Kwai because all the boys have no problems getting an erection. Most of the silom boys have soft 1s... which is kinda turn off for me.

Suddenly a thought come to my mind... about these streets hustlers. Do anyone know where I can buy HIV test strips? so we can just test it if we want to?

Guest YardenUK

I like Saphan Kwai because all the boys have no problems getting an erection. Most of the silom boys have soft 1s... which is kinda turn off for me.

Suddenly a thought come to my mind... about these streets hustlers. Do anyone know where I can buy HIV test strips? so we can just test it if we want to?

HIV self-test kits are EXREMELY unreliable - do searches online - i am sure you will see that this is not an option to explore or consider seriously.

One question though: why would a street hustler have more chance of being HIV+ than any other guy we meet? Safer sex is the best way of reassuring yourself surely.

Guest noy9000

True. Sometimes the strip can bring me down to a better level at ease where sex can be more enjoyable?

Any idea where to get them in a particular store in bangkok?

Guest Pearl69er

Lumpini park if you like muscle men for sure. They will perform with the free weights and flex everything for you in the hope of.........

Are you sure Oogleman ?

Wowpow likes his muscle men but he says the park is a bit "too camp" and he's pretty experienced at these things.