BoyToyForXL

STD testing and treating in Bogota.

• Members

There are many clinics that cater to LGBTQIA+ health in Bogotá. One of the best known (for gay men) is Clinica Salud Sexual Masculina in Usaquén Cl. 99 #49- 38 Oficina 609, Barrios Unidos, Bogotá, Cundinamarca.  They also advertise in some of the local online sites and forums.

There is another on Carrera 7 near the Four Seasons hotel that I know about that is a walk-in clinic, but a Google search turned up nothing.

• Members
21 minutes ago, macdaddi said:

There are many clinics that cater to LGBTQIA+ health in Bogotá. One of the best known (for gay men) is Clinica Salud Sexual Masculina in Usaquén Cl. 99 #49- 38 Oficina 609, Barrios Unidos, Bogotá, Cundinamarca.  They also advertise in some of the local online sites and forums.

There is another on Carrera 7 near the Four Seasons hotel that I know about that is a walk-in clinic, but a Google search turned up nothing.

Thank you!

On 11/3/2023 at 1:03 PM, floridarob said:

My understanding is afterwards in both instances,  Doxy pep is like a morning after pill, however for Gonorrhea it's not the treatment nor highly effective as Pep

Doxy Pep is only 66% effective at best with long term problems still unknown.

Doxy Prep (vs PEP) is also being studied.  after prompting my doctor for a prescription (requested 100 mg/day) he researched and prescribed 200 mg/day as PrEP during periods of high activity. (the same dose they give kids for acne and have been doing for years).  I used it, and I KNOW I was repeatedly exposed to Gonorrhea without infection.  I believe it  also helped with travelers Diarrhea.

I only use it (doxy and HIV PrEP) when I am sexually active with multiple partners.

Long term use effects are well known for Doxy as it has been on the market since 1967.

Drug resistance is promoted when the organism survives treatment.  If you are taking the antibiotic until the bacteria is killed, drug resistance cannot occur.  failing to complete your prescription for treatment of a condition promotes resistance.  (as does feeding it to billions of chickens...)

HIV PrEP cannot cure HIV (at the dose we are prescribed) but can prevent it from taking hold.  THe same concept applies to Doxy PrEP, you get a small exposure, it is rapidly killed before it can gain a hold on your body.  THe goal of PEP is to kill it before hte infection is substantial.  I use HIV PrEP on demand,  I take Doxy PEP after a random encounter.  I take PrEP (HIV and Doxy) when I occasionally go out whoring.

I am NOT selling Doxy PrEP/PEP, but I do not understand why a person who takes HIV PrEP is afraid of Doxy.