reader

Bangkok braces for Hazardous Dust

I’ve been experiencing many of the symptoms (with exception of difficulty breathing) described below for the past week and  two other board members have likewise.

From Thailand News Agency

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Spokesperson Ekwaranyu Amrapan said that the Department of Pollution Control has predicted that there will be a high concentration of fine dust marked in orange with adverse effects on health from tomorrow to Sunday.

However, there is still a chance of rain which may help reduce the level of fine particulate matter (PM2.5).

People are advised to wear face masks when going outside. Vulnerable groups and the elderly should stay at home and avoid outdoor activities.

The elderly, pregnant women, young children, and those with underlying health conditions who experience symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, difficulty breathing, fatigue, and rashes should seek medical attention promptly.

The BMA’s Medical Service Department has prepared to respond to the situation by establishing air pollution medical clinics in affiliated hospitals within the city to address PM 2.5 levels exceeding 75 micrograms per cubic meter. (TNA)

29 minutes ago, reader said:

I’ve been experiencing many of the symptoms (with exception of difficulty breathing) described below for the past week and  two other board members have likewise.

From Thailand News Agency

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Spokesperson Ekwaranyu Amrapan said that the Department of Pollution Control has predicted that there will be a high concentration of fine dust marked in orange with adverse effects on health from tomorrow to Sunday.

However, there is still a chance of rain which may help reduce the level of fine particulate matter (PM2.5).

People are advised to wear face masks when going outside. Vulnerable groups and the elderly should stay at home and avoid outdoor activities.

The elderly, pregnant women, young children, and those with underlying health conditions who experience symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, difficulty breathing, fatigue, and rashes should seek medical attention promptly.

The BMA’s Medical Service Department has prepared to respond to the situation by establishing air pollution medical clinics in affiliated hospitals within the city to address PM 2.5 levels exceeding 75 micrograms per cubic meter. (TNA)

I am curious - what is the source of the dust?  My google search did not bring up much other than a broad range of topics...  

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this - break out the KN95 mask if you must! 

Of late, air pollution in Asia has increased, particularly in built-up areas due to rapid industrialization and urbanization. The present study sets out to examine the impact that pollution can have on the health of people living in the inner city of Bangkok, Thailand. Consequently, in 2021, fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and coarse particulate matter (PM10) chemical composition and sources are evaluated at three locations in Bangkok. To identify the possible sources of such particulates, therefore, the principal component analysis (PCA) technique is duly carried out. As determined via PCA, the major sources of air pollution in Bangkok are local emission sources and sea salt. The most significant local sources of PM2.5 and PM10 in Bangkok include primary combustion, such as vehicle emissions, coal combustion, biomass burning, secondary aerosol formation, industrial emissions, and dust sources. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36361157/

3 hours ago, reader said:

while I feel sorry for you guys I'd be happy to share your pain. Clean air here but -1 as I type it