cuervoanderson

Bangkok Hotel close to all the action

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

I stayed 8 nights at Le Meridien beginning with NY Eve.  I started referring to it as Gay Meridien since it was overwhelmingly gay for the New Year. As an elite Marriott Bonvoy member, I was comped dinner for NY Eve and also given access to the Executive Lounge where they put out food at lunch and dinnertime. Referred to as "snacks" and "hors d'oeuvres' you could make a meal out of them and we did- several times!

I stayed the last three nights at the Sukhothai for comparison and Gay Meridien wins out. Not to say that the latter hotel is bad, the staff were great and the room very nice. The buffet almost comparable to Gay Meridien. But the location is not friendly, or so I thought.

Yes, the Exec lounge is great. Snacks and sandwiches from 2pm to 4pm, an excellent lunch, and cooked food, 6pm to 8pm ditto. Pao and Michael are excellent hosts. Just being refurbished to improve Aircon etc. Good place to work, if needed. Nice view from 24th floor. Plus 300 yards to Patpong 2 or Soi 6!