ChristianPFC

Chengdu and Chongqing

I'm currently in Chengdu and was searching for gay venues in English on bing and in Chinese on baidu. Few results. I went to MC bar and sauna and a local told me they closed two years ago. I went to Tata bar and there is now a different business, which was not open Friday night around 9. How to find gay venues?

Gay online dating similar. I scrolled down on blued a bit, and when I reached 610 km distance, there is a message "There are no more guys, please check it later." Is there an international version of blued which I am using, and a local one they are using?

(Taking advantage of 15 days visa free for Germans and various others. Gayguides is not blocked in China.)

On 12/10/2023 at 5:44 AM, ChristianPFC said:

I'm currently in Chengdu and was searching for gay venues in English on bing and in Chinese on baidu. Few results. I went to MC bar and sauna and a local told me they closed two years ago. I went to Tata bar and there is now a different business, which was not open Friday night around 9. How to find gay venues?

Gay online dating similar. I scrolled down on blued a bit, and when I reached 610 km distance, there is a message "There are no more guys, please check it later." Is there an international version of blued which I am using, and a local one they are using?

(Taking advantage of 15 days visa free for Germans and various others. Gayguides is not blocked in China.)

unfortunately, there is a chinese version of blued and can not use without a Chinese phone number. Did you try Jack'd? 

Anyone interested in Chengdu, and especially gay life there, might want to watch a documentary currently being released that focusses on an "underground" gay club there. The movie is titled The Last Year of Darkness and becomes available on MUBI this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/12/the-last-year-of-darkness-review-chengdu-club-culture

18 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

Anyone interested in Chengdu, and especially gay life there, might want to watch a documentary currently being released that focusses on an "underground" gay club there. The movie is titled The Last Year of Darkness and becomes available on MUBI this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/12/the-last-year-of-darkness-review-chengdu-club-culture

Nice, thanks for the heads up

On 3/14/2024 at 3:31 PM, donJ said:

im so curious. always wanted to visit these 2 cities

When I was in Chongqing, it was so polluted, the air was brown!

The bar is called "Pose". Near the beginning of the video it says one can google "Pose Chengdu" to find its location, but doing so didn't give any result for me. Instead, Google fed me "Hunk" bar at these co-ordinates: 30.63923713404091, 104.09020340885925, also in Chengdu city. I'm not saying they're the same. 

POSE CLUB in Chengdu : Search for " chengdu future center " on Google map, the club is on 4th floor, 401

POSE CLUB in Chongqing : 方圆LIVE (Sky Square) B1 Floor, near subway Line 3, Guanyinqiao Station Exit 5

Thought I was back in Screwboy when I saw the dancers in opening scene wearing basketball uniforms but then noticed two differences. First, they all have different numbers you can't miss. Second, none are twinks.