10tazione

Acute skills crisis costing 20% of GDP

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2746834

A very large number of youths and adults in Thailand cannot perform basic reading and computing tasks, tend not to engage with others and are not open to exploring new ideas, said the report, “Fostering Foundational Skills in Thailand: From a Skills Crisis to a Learning Society”.

23 hours ago, 10tazione said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2746834

A very large number of youths and adults in Thailand cannot perform basic reading and computing tasks, tend not to engage with others and are not open to exploring new ideas, said the report, “Fostering Foundational Skills in Thailand: From a Skills Crisis to a Learning Society”.

I bet they are good on social media!

I think some of the best and brightest staff the ticket booths at BTS and MRT stations. No matter how I manage to mangle the name of my destination, they still deal out the correct token and provide correct change in record time—and always with a thank you. Same for the ladies who collect bus fares.

9 hours ago, reader said:

I think some of the best and brightest staff the ticket booths at BTS and MRT stations. No matter how I manage to mangle the name of my destination, they still deal out the correct token and provide correct change in record time—and always with a thank you. Same for the ladies who collect bus fares.

I agree about the MRT station ticket staff. I have also found them very good.

14 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Wait... You don't use the ticket vending machines, but instead have to rely on people? 😛

if I need change before hitting bars I like to go to BTS counter and ask for change or load my Rabbit card with 100 baht using 1000 baht note