Shax

Guest-friendly Hotel in El Poblado, Medellin

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Medellin in August and I'd like to ask your opinion on hotels in the El Poblado neighbourhood that are guest-friendly. I was going through Agoda looking for hotels and noted that in some of the reviews of a few hotels, there were complaints about not being able to bring a guest back to the room.

I've kinda narrowed down my options to Haven a Design Hotel, Celestino Boutique Hotel or the Charlee Lifestyle Hotel but open to other suggestions.

Thank you in advance 🙏🙏🙏

• Members
13 hours ago, Shax said:

...there were complaints about not being able to bring a guest back to the room.

It is quite common in most of Colombia for hotels to have a guest policy that does not allow admission to non-registered guests (i.e. at the time of booking).

Of the three hotels listed, I can tell you that the Charlee will allow you to bring in one guest -- who will be registered at the reception desk -- but any more that that one additional name will be charged a full reservation feel for their stay, whether overnight or for a few hours. It is in their policy as of today, since I am staying here right now.

Thanks for that info @macdaddi

16 hours ago, macdaddi said:

Of the three hotels listed, I can tell you that the Charlee will allow you to bring in one guest -- who will be registered at the reception desk -- but any more that that one additional name will be charged a full reservation feel for their stay, whether overnight or for a few hours.

Just a follow on to this, if I may, does that that mean you can bring different guys here as long as it's just one person at any given time and that person will be registered for that period that they are with me in my room, or registered as my +1 throughout my stay?

Where would you suggest having fun with the guys you meet if it's not at your room?

• Members

On 3/29/2024 at 6:27 AM, Shax said:

Just a follow on to this, if I may, does that that mean you can bring different guys here as long as it's just one person at any given time and that person will be registered for that period that they are with me in my room, or registered as my +1 .

You get one guest. That’’s it. If you change the guest and their related info then you will be charged a full night stay which was around $250 per night last week (Semana Santa is always highest rates).

For this reason I normally stay in an Airbnb when you have more flexibility to entertain guests. Remember that overnight guest is usually monitored in Colombia. There are hotels in the Poblado area that traditionally have been more lenient with guests, but I am not current on status. I would recommend looking closely at the guest policy of Airbnb options in the surrounding neighbourhoods of Castropol, Manilla, or Provenza (all easy walking distance) if you need to stay in Poblado. Good luck.