reader

When you've got to go...

From Pattaya News

image.thumb.jpeg.c518e12cf98fc9d8c19b2b0cec4060b9.jpeg

Pattaya City has invested 30 million baht in buying six new toilet trucks to accommodate tourists, elderly, and disabled people, especially during events.

Mr. Manoch Nongyai, the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, proudly announced the initiative on April 25th, 2024, after the city received three out of the six new vehicles.

He stated that these new vehicles will be added to the existing 3-vehicle fleet. Previously, Pattaya relied on just three older mobile toilet trucks, with some having been in service for many decades. The bulky size of the old vehicles made it difficult to park them in areas with limited space. The growing number of tourists, particularly during major events, further necessitated the need for expanded restroom facilities, Mr. Manoch added.

The newly acquired mobile toilets feature a compact design, making them suitable for navigating tight spaces. Two of the six vehicles come with units specifically dedicated to elderly or people with disabilities as they are equipped with hydraulic lifts. They also offer over six restrooms for both genders.

Meanwhile, the other four toilet trucks come with standard units with two restrooms each for men and women. The city has invested over 30 million baht into the project, Mr. Manoch stated.

For now, the city will deploy the three trucks they received at Walking Street, the area near the Pattaya City water pump station, and Central Beach when events are not taking place.

Deputy Mayor Manoch is confident that the city will receive the remaining three toilet trucks in May of 2024. He expected that the initiative will significantly improve restroom accessibility for tourists and residents in Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

========================

From Pattaya Mail

Pattaya launches electric baht-buses

image.jpeg.71df6aa335ed0399b67ff06df8165372.jpeg

As part of the project’s strategy to curb carbon emissions, the electric pickup trucks will undergo trial service as fixed-route public transportation vehicles from April 2024 to December 2025. Operating along the “Route 4,” these twelve electric vehicles will shuttle passengers from the Bali Hai Pier Parking Lot in South Pattaya to the Bang Lamung District Office.

21 hours ago, reader said:

From Pattaya News

image.thumb.jpeg.c518e12cf98fc9d8c19b2b0cec4060b9.jpeg

Pattaya City has invested 30 million baht in buying six new toilet trucks to accommodate tourists, elderly, and disabled people, especially during events.

Mr. Manoch Nongyai, the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, proudly announced the initiative on April 25th, 2024, after the city received three out of the six new vehicles.

He stated that these new vehicles will be added to the existing 3-vehicle fleet. Previously, Pattaya relied on just three older mobile toilet trucks, with some having been in service for many decades. The bulky size of the old vehicles made it difficult to park them in areas with limited space. The growing number of tourists, particularly during major events, further necessitated the need for expanded restroom facilities, Mr. Manoch added.

The newly acquired mobile toilets feature a compact design, making them suitable for navigating tight spaces. Two of the six vehicles come with units specifically dedicated to elderly or people with disabilities as they are equipped with hydraulic lifts. They also offer over six restrooms for both genders.

Meanwhile, the other four toilet trucks come with standard units with two restrooms each for men and women. The city has invested over 30 million baht into the project, Mr. Manoch stated.

For now, the city will deploy the three trucks they received at Walking Street, the area near the Pattaya City water pump station, and Central Beach when events are not taking place.

Deputy Mayor Manoch is confident that the city will receive the remaining three toilet trucks in May of 2024. He expected that the initiative will significantly improve restroom accessibility for tourists and residents in Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

========================

From Pattaya Mail

Pattaya launches electric baht-buses

image.jpeg.71df6aa335ed0399b67ff06df8165372.jpeg

As part of the project’s strategy to curb carbon emissions, the electric pickup trucks will undergo trial service as fixed-route public transportation vehicles from April 2024 to December 2025. Operating along the “Route 4,” these twelve electric vehicles will shuttle passengers from the Bali Hai Pier Parking Lot in South Pattaya to the Bang Lamung District Office.

Wow - I am now living here for 18 months and I was not aware that there are several Pattaya baht bus routes.  Above is mentioned, "Operating along the Route 4..."

So, I queried Google and sure enough there are many routes - here is the source article: https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/getting-around-pattaya/

with a link to a custom Google map, image below:

Pattaya_Baht_Bus_Routes_map.jpg.7df7f281d23da51628adbfed0ba15617.jpg

Prior to reading this article I was only aware of the Jomtien & Pattaya route and the Beach Road & 2nd Road Loop routes.

The above map implies that there are in fact 8 routes = wow....

Everyday we learn a new thing....

and it seems there are also blends of those as on few occasions on Beach Road  I stopped baht bus  going all the way to Jomtien without need to change and in opposite direction was able to catch one going from Jomtien all the way to Naklua

3 hours ago, Moses said:

Unless changes are recent, it is wrong map: "Beach road and 2nd road loop" (red) is included to "From Jomtien and Pattaya" route (blue) and to "Naklua route" (purple).

I think both variants are operating i.e all the way from Jomtien to Naklua and Beach rd loop. Last trip I boarder one at soi Post Office  thinking it will take me to Jomtien but it turned left on Second Road and terminated there. To be sure  it's better to look for signs 'Naklua" or "Jomtien" on the vehicle