TotallyOz

Issues with Website?

Gaybutton sent me an e-mail today saying that several members were having issues with the site and were unable to log in. I have tested this with every browser and cannot replicate the problem. However, if you are having issues please let us know. It is very helpful if you give us:

1. What Browser are you using? (be as specific as possible)

2. What Operating System are you using?

3. What is your Internet Service Provider?

4. Are you using WifFi or ADSL or Cable or dialup?

Anything else that you are experiencing, please tell us here or e-mail to: gaythailand@gmail.com Thanks.

Ok I'll help out. XP Pro, IE8(?), ADSL, Westnet and no problems at all with the site or logging in.

If they can't access the board, how are they going to see your message . . . ?

I thought you said part of their problem was logging in? If so, they can see the board and send an e-mail. If they can't see it, I don't know what to say.

Ok I'll help out. XP Pro, IE8(?), ADSL, Westnet and no problems at all with the site or logging in.

Thanks.

I thought you said part of their problem was logging in? If so, they can see the board and send an e-mail. If they can't see it, I don't know what to say.

That's right . . . part of the problem. It's more complicated than just that. I get complaints that some can't log in, some can access the board but only agonizingly slowly, and some can't access the board at all. And even then, with some people the problems are intermittent.

I have had programmers in India, Budapest and the USA test this and could not replicate it. I also tested myself in the last month in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Brazil, Amsterdam and Thailand and have not been able to replicate it. I test on every browser both Mac and PC. Unfortunately, unless we get some specifics, there is no way to help anyone having issues. It sounds to me like the issues are those only in Thailand. If I am wrong on this, someone please tell me. I went out today and tested at Starbucks and in my hotel and on my phone and all worked fine.

Guest RichLB

I'm no computer guru, but here's my guess as to what is going on for some. I think the problem may be with their settings for blocking popups of Phisshing. It may be that they are set (on their machines) in such a way that the banners and ads hang things up. If any of them use Java script, that could be part of their problem, too. Just a guess, but if you haven't thought of this, it may be a starting off point to solving the problem.

I think the problem may be with their settings for blocking popups of Phisshing.

I suppose anything is possible, but I doubt that is the problem because several people who never had a problem before now have the problem, but they haven't changed any of their settings. Their settings are the same now as they were prior to these problems, so how could that account for the problems?

I think it's more likely a combination of factors including more internet traffic slowing things down, use of WiFi, people's own ISPs, etc.

I'm no guru either, but I don't see how it could be coming from the board side. If it was a problem with the board itself, then why would some people be having the problems, but others are having no problems at all? For the same reason, even though GT recently changed servers, again only some people are having the problems and some people were reporting this to me before the servers were changed. I don't see how that could have anything to do with it either.

The thing that puzzles me most is that some people are saying the only website on which they are having these problems is this one. It will take someone with much more skill than I have to figure it out.

Guest kotter

I tried to reply to this thread and got a error "cannot reply".( I was already logged in!)

I always stay logged in even though I am not on the site or computer.

However I decided to log out and re log in and then it let me reply to this part of the thread!!

Maybe GB, you ask the peoples who are having this peoblem, provide you with the details and you pass this on to GT.( If they cannot get in )

Maybe GB, you ask the peoples who are having this peoblem, provide you with the details and you pass this on to GT.

Anything I am being told is passed along to GT. However, try as he might, I doubt there is anything he can do about it because the source of the problem does not seem to be from the board itself.

It would be interesting to know, however, just where the finger of blame needs to be pointed. I'm not sure whether the problem is occurring exclusively from within Thailand or from other countries as well. It gets difficult because even if the problem is only occurring within Thailand, I have no idea how to figure out why it happens to some people, especially those who had never had this problem until recently, and why it doesn't happen to others. Even if we can figure it out, I don't know if there is anything we can do about it.

The only things I can recommend trying for those experiencing the problem is to do the standard procedures such as cleaning out the cache, trying a good registry cleaner, re-starting the computer, configuring the computer so that unnecessary programs don't auto-load at start-up, etc. Other than that, I don't know what can be done.

Guest RichLB

Ok, here's another guess (most probably further confirming my lack of computer knowledge). Could it be that any of the graphics here are using Java? If so, maybe some of us have their java application set up to automatically update and those who are having problems have not updated theirs and this is causing a problem. Ok, those who understand these machines, please stop laughing now.

these type of intermittent problems are always a pain to solve but if all of the problems are in Thailand it is most likely a cache server setup problem at a local ISP - most of the ISPs here use different pools of cache servers for different geographical locations and different service packages they offer and the servers are often set up differently and have had patches and censorship blacklists etc applied inconsistently even within a pool and thus sites can behave quite differently depending on which cache server you happen to hit, leading to confusion when some people using an ISP have problems with a site when others with the same ISP (but different location or packages) do not!

you really need to get detailed info of ISP/location/package to isolate where the problem is going to be, then good luck because most of the support staff at the local ISPs are not competent enough to understand and/or deal with these type of problems and getting a problem escalated to someone competent is usually fairly difficult!

bkkguy

Guest paulg

I am using internetcafe and had no trouble loading and reading. But for almost 2 months I have not been able to get GT to load at home. I have tried my settings, emailed my server and reloaded and tried all the suggestions.

My only thought was I had a lot of problems when firefox did an auto update about the same time.

It caused so many hassles that I had to uninstall and wind my date back [to last known safe date]30 days and then reload.

However I have since found that IE will not load so it can only be , something installed on my PC, or my server.As my swerver only offers help with IE I am lost.

Guest rhodochrosite

Never had any issues viewing Gay Thailand either in Thailand or at home. But in Thailand could not view Sawatdee Forum at some Internet shops or on my computer except on rare occasions.

...whoops I made a mistake ..see below.

Guest HeyGay

I send snippets of Interest from Gay forums and many times friends have written back, saying they cant see them, as there providor has banned some web pages, including mainly sawatdee or with the words Gay in them.

So easy to sort out

Google "free Proxy" same as they do in China to read what is banned by the Govenment there.

Use that, I wont put the one I use they will ban it also, but its great. a clue is.....first letter Y-- second H---

This may not be politically correct but I'm having technical problems with gaytingtong.com.

I can log in and read the forums. It shows me as logged in.

While logged in I cannot post new topic (no box shown), I cannot reply to topics (no box shown) and the forums/topics/messages do not show if they are read or not read.

Yesterday while at 2Guys, I borrowed another's computer and logged in as me on it and everything worked fine wit it so the problem must be in my computer and not with the site.

Any ideas very welcomed and appreciated.

Guest travelerjim

Any ideas very welcomed and appreciated.

Doug...I am NO expert...but...

Try changing the browser you are using to access internet.

For example...Yesterday I tried to access US Embassy Bangkok/appointments

and was not let into the appointment site as "unknown and risky" to enter by Firefox..

Firefox would not let me override the risk they perceived.

So I entered the US Embassy website using Internet Explorer..

and yes, was able to get into the appointment website...with no problem.

tj

A System Restore to a date before the problem first occurred might do the trick.

I discovered that the latest update of Firefox must have caused the problem. When I used Internet Explorer all was normal. I will be deleting and replacing Firefox.

Guest fountainhall

I just spent 4 days in Pattaya and 4 staying with friends who live on the west side of Sukhumvit Road near Nong Prue. During the last 4 days, I was totally unable to access gaythailand.com. I got every one of the other sites I normally use each day - but absolutely nothing from gaythailand.