Foolish

Planning a trip to Phuket

Hi, any experts on Phuket here? What is the scene like there? Are there any gay bars like freshboy/hotmale etc where u can see a show and off any cute boys from the bar? What are the fees like? 

Where would be a good place to stay near the action?

You may want to read my report from January trip. I stay on Paradise Complex which epicenter of gay life in Phuket, not that is much left of it. Don't remember name of hotel but was right beside Zag, main gay venue in Phuket.

I did not have much luck on my 2 days/ nights there but still I m glad I went

I'd be interested, Foolish, if you have been to Pattaya or Bangkok? The most important thing is not to expect Phuket (specifically Patong) to replicate the sort of scene you find in those two places. It's a good place for beaches- though not the best in my view-  and has some good hotels, but you'll be disappointed if you expect to find the extent of gay life available elsewhere.... I found this out as long ago as 1997....which is not say that none exists around the Paradise area. I recall massage joints and a number of bars.

So if you go there, explore the possibility of other activities rather than relying on the scene. By the way, prices used to significantly higher than in Pattaya ...but I haven't been there for six years or so. 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

You may want to read my report from January trip. I stay on Paradise Complex which epicenter of gay life in Phuket, not that is much left of it. Don't remember name of hotel but was right beside Zag, main gay venue in Phuket.

I did not have much luck on my 2 days/ nights there but still I m glad I went

Thanks, I didn't realise there was a report. Will look for it!

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

I'd be interested, Foolish, if you have been to Pattaya or Bangkok? The most important thing is not to expect Phuket (specifically Patong) to replicate the sort of scene you find in those two places. It's a good place for beaches- though not the best in my view-  and has some good hotels, but you'll be disappointed if you expect to find the extent of gay life available elsewhere.... I found this out as long ago as 1997....which is not say that none exists around the Paradise area. I recall massage joints and a number of bars.

So if you go there, explore the possibility of other activities rather than relying on the scene. By the way, prices used to significantly higher than in Pattaya ...but I haven't been there for six years or so. 

I have been to Bkk but not pattaya. That's definitely a place I will go when I have a longer break but for now I just have a few days off.

I have been to phuket a number of times but I have never explored paradise complex cos I always went with friends. Since it's a solo trip this time i can finally get some fun haha.

I rcmnd not to develop high expectations. The "complex" is actually Zag with its little brother on the side, both of which r only nocturnal. 

On the parallel soi there r circa 4 small regular massage places, nothing to write home about.

Grindr is rather dead.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:36 AM, Londoner said:

Agree.