reader

Grand plan to attract 39 million tourists to Thailand

From The Thaiger

The Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT) called for a major budget increase to boost tourism revenue to a staggering 3.5 trillion baht in 2024, attracting more tourists.

The Thai government is aiming high, with an ambitious goal to lure no fewer than 39 million international tourists to its stunning shores throughout 2024. To achieve this, the TAT is pushing for more funds to collaborate with airlines, creating new flight routes and ensuring a smooth influx of global visitors.

Dubbed the Airline Focus strategy, this plan is pivotal in the post-Covid-19 landscape. Airlines are the lifeblood of international travel, and successful partnerships are essential to reigniting Thailand’s tourism industry.

Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, TAT Deputy Governor for Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Americas market, highlighted the need for additional funding to drive joint promotions with airlines and other stakeholders.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

makes sense as Africa is too poor and Americas too far

Yes, $, distance and challenges of travel for most ... define / limit where most of us and others travel from / to.

I now live in SE USA/ Florida.  It's a 24-31 hour travel time to Thailand; brutal.  I can be in Cuba in 1.5 hours, DR in 4.5, Mexico in 4, South America or Europe in 8-10.  And for me airfare to Thailand is expensive, compared to other options. I very much enjoyed my visits to Thailand, but time has marched on as has my age, interests in guys and sexual activities.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

makes sense as Africa is too poor and Americas too far

Are you forgetting India and Kazakhstan? And if latest reports about bars being full of Chinese tourists are any indication, China too. 

• Members
21 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Are you forgetting India and Kazakhstan? And if latest reports about bars being full of Chinese tourists are any indication, China too.