TotallyOz

Anyone use Grindr ? ?

There is an application for the IPhone and other mobile devices I saw in use for the first time last night. It is called Grindr. It logs you on and shows the closest distance to other Grindr users. It was accurate within about 15 feet. Pretty impressive IMHO. But, there are few that were on last night.

In Australia grindr and social networking sites seem to be the preferred means of access for meets with other gays for younger guys who nearly all have I Phones. I was discussing with a friend how the popular sites in Australia like Gaydar, Manhunt and Gaymatchmaker seemed so quiet with only a few new members joining when he told me his workmate who is 45yo was using grindr and having a regular flow of meets with guys 18 to 30 yo. In the near future as more Thais get I Phones then grindr may become as popular as Gayromeo in Thailand.

Logged in today in Bangkok and in less than 20 minutes I had over 10 messages for guys wanting to meet. It is pretty active in Bangkok and it was the last time I was in Pattaya as well. Friends use it all the time. I get little use for it in LA and NYC as most of the college age guys are looking for other college age guys. In Bangkok, this is not an issue.

I tried the grindr app on my mobile phone. It works, but I uninstalled it because it was taking up too much memory (I have a lot of other apps). It did come up with several guys in the Pattaya area, but with so many guys available via Gay Romeo, to me grindr seemed unnecessary. If there was no Gay Romeo, I would probably use grindr frequently, but since Gay Romeo is available and fulfills my needs perfectly, I just didn't see any advantage to keeping and using grindr.

I have to confess, I am a bit curious about grindr. If given the chance, I would take a look on someone else's phone to see how it works.

My current phone is about 7 years old and will last at least another 7 years (unless it breaks earlier).

I am well served with gayromeo and camfrog.