TotallyOz

Bourbon Street Cajun Food and Party House

Being a southern boy and growing up in the deep south, I sometimes get a desire for some good southern food. It is hard to find outside of the south in USA.

I grew up going to Mardis Gras every year since I was a toddler. Bourbon Street was always a stop and I still remember my youth of looking inside a bar and seeing fuck shows on stage. I collected beads and necklaces for years and years. I marched in several parades with my band. Recollections of good Cajun food are infused with these memories.

A friend took me to this restaurant. It is great food and reasonable prices. I had Spinach Artichoke dip for appetizer and Red Beans and Rice with Italian Spice Sausage for the main course. It was very tasty and good. They have special nights and all you can eat plates from time to time. Tuesday is Mexican night and I want to try that one night.

The restaurant is a bit hard to find off of Sukhumvit Soi 22 but if you turn onto the soi from Sukhumvit it is the first left. You will walk through a gate and walk to the end of the street. There is the hotel and restaurant.

They have masks from New Orleans parades on the wall and the atmosphere is very Louisiana feel. It is not a 5 star restrurant but more of a local dive and hangout. Yet, if you like Cajun food, it is very tasty!

The rates were a bit over 200 baht for main courses and some of the stuff 300 baht. But, all in all, I thought I got a great deal. The owner was there and said a big thank you as we were leaving. The wait staff was fast and attentive.

I know we have a lot of readers from the south. Give this place a try when in Bangkok and want to feel like you are back home!

Bourbon St. Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Boutique Hotel

29/4-6 Sukhumvit Soi 22

Washington Square

Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel: +66-2 259-0328/9

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com

bourbon_st_main_menu-2.pdf

The place is now moved and I still love it. It is:

Bourbon Street Restaurant

9/39-40 Soi Tana Arcade Sukhumvit 63 Ekkamai
Klongton Nua Wattana Bangkok 10110 Thailand

I have posted about it many times.

Today is their 35th anniversary and I went there as it was 35% off food and they gave us a free glass mug to celebrate. Truly one of my favorite places in Bangkok. I order delivery from there weekly and love their Southern biscuits.

The friend that introduced me to this place 10 years ago passed away earlier this year. He was perhaps the most amazing man I have met on my travels over the last 30 years. I adored him and miss him immensely. It wasn't until I just looked at the street map of this place from 10 years back that the memories flooded. I remember telling him I didn't really want to go out of the Silom area and he wanted me to try, so I did. I have been hooked ever since. He and I have hundreds of lunches at Salt and Pepper in Pattaya and several great trips to Bangkok and beyond.