TotallyOz

Breakfast at 9AM and After = Insanity

Man, I thought getting up when the roosters crow was a sign of strength. I guess not. The places in Pattaya do not even get moving this early every morning. I tried to find a nice place to hunker down for breakfast at 7:30 this AM and there was no place to be found. I walked a bit and nothing around Central Festival area that enticed me.

Most of the places do not start serving until 9 or 10 AM. It looks like I'll either have to start going to be later or getting more sleep.

Guest travelerjim

Michael,

Might I suggest take a baht bus towards Jomtien...

Mocador Cafe opens at 8:00am...

and have a delicious breakfast selection...150 - 160 - 220 baht

all with FREE unlimited refills of ANY Mocador coffee of your choice.

I love the American breakfast ...but ask for bacon vs beef patty...

2 eggs, tasty toast, jam, OJ, + Mocador coffees....150 baht.

The Australian cheese omelette with tomato & onions is also a favorite...160 baht

and toast, jam, OJ, + Mocador coffees ..160 baht.

Many times I will have Americano coffee with bkfast and iced coffee after.

Opens 8:00am...Closes at 5:00pm.

FREE wireless too...also has A/C inside or comfortable tables/chairs as you enter from street.

I have seen many of the European fellas order their huge breakfast...BIG...

real slice ham , eggs & more + Mocador coffees...at 220 baht...

looks delicious...but too much food for me.

Located east side of Thrappraya Rd on way to Jomtien, across from the huge Boat Yard sales business

before what was called the 99 baht spaghetti place...between..2 - 7/11's ...I think...soi 7 or 8 ..before Sansuk Sauna soi.

Their sandwiches also look tasty :-)

Enjoy..

tj

Guest HeyGay

Well you have got Golden fryer in the alley way behind Bamboo host Bar off the beach,

Many guys love Gannymead cafe in jomtiem complex. Bondi does a good breakfast

on the jomtiem beach, and all the Continental Cafes do an amazing Breakfast?

I heard today that Bordeaux has started opening for breakfast around 8AM and is serving lunch now also.

That is correct.

I'm not much of a breakfast person, so I can't really help you with opening times, but I would imagine the major hotels start serving breakfast at early hours

Guest thaiworthy

Hotels do start breakfast at early hours, but unfortunately they end earlier, too-- some as early as 10 a.m. especially if it's a breakfast buffet. Hotel breakfasts are not much of an adventure, and after a while, they get old. There are plenty of places to go otherwise, when you get tired of that, but you just might have to travel a bit to get there. Not a big inconvenience if you ask me, since I try to meet up with people for that first meal, if possible.

Guest anonone

Too funny. I have run into this problem quite a bit in Pattaya. My sleep pattern is seriously weird when I visit. I often wake up at sunrise (6AM) and go for some excercise, usually a run along Pattaya beach.

I was stunned the first time when I tried to hit the Starbucks for a coffee after the run. It was not even close to opening...if I recall correctly it didn't open until 9AM.

Of course, last visit I noticed that the Starbucks on Beach Rd (Somewhat near BT) was closed up and out of business....so go figure.

It is difficult to get a quick, decent cup of coffee early in the morning (7AM) in Pattaya...unless someone has found a place. I have taken to bringking some Via packets and just making in the room...but that is not ideal.

Guest travelerjim

I heard rumors: this Starbucks is closed already. Can anybody confirm or decline?

Yes, Starbucks on Beach Rd next to McDonalds is closed.

They have several other locations...incl Central Festival & Tuk Com So Pattaya Rd...

Bali Hai Pier/Walking Street area...and No Beach Rd...+ more.