TotallyOz

Links to Other Sites

We welcome members to link to any and all sites on this board. However, we will remove any links to sites that actively attack members of this board. What happens on other boards is totally up to them and their owners/moderators. What we allow on this site is up to us. We will not give a heads up when we remove posts or parts of posts. We do not have the time to do this. Please simply post links to boards / sites / content etc that further enhance the knowledge of the posts you are writing about. Others posts/links/comments can and may be deleted without warning.

We have had at least 10 complaints in the last week about links on our board to sites and we were asked by our members to share our policy regarding links. We have now shared our policy about Links to Other Sites. It is not a policy open for discussion or debate. It is a set policy and at the discretion of our admin and moderators.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Guest fountainhall

we will remove any links to sites that actively attack members of this board

What will happen, I wonder, when it is known that a member of this Board makes an an attack about another member of this Board, but that attack appears on another Board? I fully understand that this Board is in no way responsible for what is discussed on other Boards. But surely members have no license to attack other members wherever such attacks might appear?

What will happen, I wonder, when it is known that a member of this Board makes an an attack about another member of this Board, but that attack appears on another Board? I fully understand that this Board is in no way responsible for what is discussed on other Boards. But surely members have no license to attack other members wherever such attacks might appear?

We can control what will happen on this board and this board only. What happens other places is not our responsibility and we do not have the time or energy to research every complaint. We will do our best to take care of this board and make it a friendly place for everyone to visit. What happens on other boards should be brought up on that board or with the owners / operators of that board. We will not remove members on this board for anything other than what happens on this board.

What happens other places is not our responsibility and we do not have the time or energy to research every complaint.

I think you may need to rethink this. Everyone knows I have little use for Gaybutton, but he is 100% correct when he suggests that anyone revealing personal information about a member needs to be banned from all boards. The country has libel laws that absolutely make it impossible to comment about anything from restaurants to political happenings, to bars, and people in the news without being sued and losing--whether or not what you said is the truth. If a member is outed by another person on any board and he says something that some bar owner or person in the news objects to,, not only will he be sued but you too will be dragged into court if it was said on your board. Suggest you have a talk with Michael on this, or some Lawyer about this. You cannot and should not tolerate the publishing of personal information.

Suggest you have a talk with Michael on this, or some Lawyer about this. You cannot and should not tolerate the publishing of personal information.

Michael disagrees with you. I have yet to see a lawsuit for what happens on a board. But, it seems impossible for me that a board owner is sued for what is taking place on another board that he does not run. That, IMHO, is just never going to happen!

I agree with Z that cooperation between boards is important but each should run independently and make their own decisions. If Z and Gaybutton get into an argument on his board, why on earth should that mean he is banned on this board or other boards. That just does not make sense to me.

So how on earth can Gaybutton sue anyone as he seems to be the butt of complaints on that site, if they use a handle and write in a Internet cafe tell me that one, there is very few brave people who write under there own name, who have to tell the truth and do their homework so as not to tell lies?

Michael disagrees with you. I have yet to see a lawsuit for what happens on a board. But, it seems impossible for me that a board owner is sued for what is taking place on another board that he does not run. That, IMHO, is just never going to happen!

Michael, you do such a good job of translating, but you have read my post wrong. If I am a know identity and I say something on this board that someone objects to, I can be sued because they know who I am. I am sure the owner would be brought into court to prove that I am the same Khortose with the same IP as the identified khortose on another board. I did not say the owner would be sued, only dragged into court, nor did I say it would be because of what I said on other board, but on this board, after having been identified on another board, Now let me know if that is or is not a likely scenario. It is probably my fault you've read my post wrong, as having you read and translate LMTU has probably affected you. :)

Michael, you do such a good job of translating, but you have read my post wrong. If I am a know identity and I say something on this board that someone objects to, I can be sued because they know who I am. I am sure the owner would be brought into court to prove that I am the same Khortose with the same IP as the identified khortose on another board. I did not say the owner would be sued, only dragged into court, nor did I say it would be because of what I said on other board, but on this board, after having been identified on another board, Now let me know if that is or is not a likely scenario. It is probably my fault you've read my post wrong, as having you read and translate LMTU has probably affected you. :)

I have dealt with Internet Law for over 15 years. Not once have I heard of that scenario happening. Admittedly, I deal with mostly adult related sites. I think the chance of that happening is about as good as getting struck by lightening. Though, I think to be proven, it would be harder than recovering from the strike.

Things work more smoothly when there is good cooperation between boards.

I assume you mean at owners or moderators level. If so I definitely dont agree with this at all. What do you mean more smoothly? It is FAR better for boards to take care only of their own agendas, Why would there be need for so many gay thailand forums if they all sang off the same hymn sheet? That is the last thing readers/posters need. It is great to have at least 4 forums which operate differently.

I did not say the owner would be sued, only dragged into court

For a dozen or more years we have been seeing this on many gay thailand forums, and it has been used as reasons for editing, banning, censoring etc.. but over that long peroid of time i've yet to hear of a single instance where any court proceedings have resulted from a gay thailand forum post. Gaybutton has used this 'threat' for years as justification for some of his actions.

It is great to have at least 4 forums which operate differently.

I quite agree forums should operate differently, in terms of moderating policy.

However, there are several cases where co-operation could be helpful, such as where personal information about other members is posted or pointless continuation of feuds from one board onto another. All boards can have different limits, but it's still better if there is some element of cooperation between boards.

Not once have I heard of that scenario happening.

That is nice to know. I am glad my information is wrong. THIS IS what two different board owners have stated and I thought they were correct in their assessment. Thanks for the right answer Michael.

over that long peroid of time i've yet to hear of a single instance where any court proceedings have resulted from a gay thailand forum post. Gaybutton has used this 'threat' for years as justification for some of his actions.

And I will continue to do so. Of course I haven't been "dragged into court." That's because I get rid of those kinds of posts and get rid of those who would submit those kinds of posts. If I didn't, I might have been "dragged into court" a long time ago. I have yet to ever see a post so essential that it's worth taking a risk. I don't want those kinds of posts on my board in the first place.

I'll agree the chances are quite remote that it would ever happen, but it's very easy for someone who would be under no risk whatsoever to tell a board owner that he should take the risk, and take it on the basis that no board owner has thus far been dragged into court.

Michael is correct. So far none of the gay Thailand board owners have been "dragged into court." On my board, I'm going to keep it that way. Very sorry if you don't like that, but you're welcome to start your own board and take all the risks you want while you're singing to your own hymn sheet.

///EDITED POST/// When you cannot comment on what is really essential like good places to go or visit, or places that you might want to stay away from due to bad food, bad service, or illegal activity then what you will have left is ridiculous subjects that may run for months on end. Something that we often see on other boards.