kokopelli

Problem Viewing Forum

I am having problems now viewing this forum. Anyone else experiencing a problem? I can see the photos and text but not the same way as when working properly. For instance the area where I am typing this post is not much bigger than a postage stamp! Yes, I am logged in and that is not the problem. Am posting from USA.

Same here, using Firefox. The theme, or wallpaper, or whatever you call it has largely disappeared from the forum. All I can see is avatars and lines of text. The reply function is wrong as well. I am currently typing this is a box that is about 3 x 1cm on the screen.

Same here, using Firefox. The theme, or wallpaper, or whatever you call it has largely disappeared from the forum. All I can see is avatars and lines of text. The reply function is wrong as well. I am currently typing this is a box that is about 3 x 1cm on the screen.

Same same as you ceejay. Very difficult to review forum content. When in Thailand I had similar difficulties viewing some other forum such as Sawatedee.

Guest xiandarkthorne

For the last few days, GT's software hasn't been functioning at all for me. Today is the first day I managed to get on to this page to post. The appended screen capture is what every page looks like for me. I sent a PM to Michael yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember) as I couldn't see anything or anybody else's profile picture. My friend told me some people over at the Bitch Board brought up the same complaint today.

For whatever reason, the form of this Forum radically changed for me several days ago....now the top log is covers only about 60% of the page, and then the form is a series of blue headings and black print, all difficult to follow. I have no clue what I did and thought maybe I unknowlingly changed something or it's all screwed up because I use IE. But I just came here with Firefox and it's identically screwed up.

Is there some button or way for me to change the style here (I sure as hell can't find it). Help...and I'll owe ya 5 baht.

Well, glad I'm not alone (it's not beyond me to unknowlingly screw up something but sounds like we're have the same problems). Hope Scooby or some techie can fix it as I don't even want to try to read the board in this format. (thanks in advance to whoever comes to the rescue)

Ok, looks like at least one other thread about the issue and it's not only me. Following somebody's suggestion, I closed out Firefox and IE and am not using Google Chrome to get here.....and it sorta looks normal (actually, normal other than the ugly black areas to the left and right of the page).

In Bangkok, Sawatdee has been blocked by True for a long time for some reason. I have no trouble with this reading forum using Safari.

I've had the same problem here in CM with True for a couple of years but what's weird is that I can occasionally get into the SWD website (like I just did 10 minutes ago for the first time in a couple of weeks). I'm not so sure True is blocking it but I'm thinking that it's some type of incompatibility problem. Hell if I know.

Okay....while the techies are getting their shirts ruffled....one more issue. Previously, when in a given forum, I'd read a post and then it would automatically mark itself "unread." It doesn't do that anymore and I have to open up that forum and click on the "mark this forum read" thingie ("thingie" is a new technical term).

Whoever recently "updated" the board software, I'm sure your intentions were good in spite of the fact you simply screwed up the board. I'm hopeful that your techie work is not a sideline to your main job of writing code for launching nuclear weapons....

We have heard that many are having issues viewing the board. I apologize for the inconvenience. We have not upgraded the forum in weeks and it is not an issue with forum software. It is an issue with our CSS. We have sent a note to the programmer to fix this.

I have combined the other thread into this one as it was in 3 different forums.

We will have this fixed by tomorrow.

Guest thaiworthy

Like FH, I am using Safari and have no problems at all. Personally I really think all the problems are due to Kokopelli's new avatar, but at least it is a bit cleaner now.

We have people working on this but they cannot replicate the issue. Can someone please take a screen shot of what they are seeing so I can give to tech support to show them the issue?

I have occasionally over the months seen the screen as shown in post #22, but it's always been temporary and reverted back to normal failrly quickly. Strangely enough though, it happened an hour or so ago here on Firefox. It happened when I went to open the 'notifications' icon (some kind soul had liked one of my posts). That's never happend before.

Another, not particularly serious issue: The 'multiquote' option box is missing - at least for me. Just checked again and it's back!