Guest Wynn90210

Carrying Passport in Thailand

Dear guys.

This is my proposal.

Unless really necessary, lock your passport in the SAFE of your hotel room.

What you can do:

1. Carry a print copy of it with you at all times.

2. With smartphones and apps like Dropbox/emails etc, take a photo of the relevant pages and viola,

there is always a SOFT copy available.

Try this:

Keep the photo of your passport on your phone and show it to the bouncer...

who knows, it might work (?)

Rather than on a phone, I keep a digital copy of my passport in the cloud. I use BT Digital Vault. There are many other similar services. Along with the passport there are other documents - travel insurance, list of contact numbers, important passwords etc. This way, even if I lost absolutely everything I would still have quick access to these documents.

I carry quite a lot of stuff, including my passport.

I keep passport (+1000 Baht in case my wallet is stolen) wrapped in a plastic bag (to protect it from liquids - I once a had vision of drink spilled over my trousers and soaking my passport and dissolving all stamps) and a pen in one pocket, wallet with at least 2000 Baht and a pen in another pocket, pocket knife and handkerchief in a third pocket and mobile phone and handkerchief in my fourth pocket. In addition to that, I always wear a wrist watch.

But that's not all! I need maps, umbrella, gay magazines, guidebooks, my camera, water and other stuff, which I carry in a shopping bag over my shoulder.

Guest thaiworthy

OMG, Koko-- I wouldn't be caught dead in an outfit like that.

According to Wikipedia, there are many names for a fanny pack:

A fanny pack (US, Canada), belt pack (US), belly bag (US), Buffalo pouch (US), hip sack (US), phany pack (US), waist bag (US), hip pack (UK), bum bag (UK,Oceania, Ireland), canguro (Peru), cangurera (Mexico), koala (Venezuela), banano (South America), riñonera (Spain, Argentina), pochete (Brazil) or moon bag (South Africa), is a small fabric pouch secured with a zipper and worn by use of a strap around the hips or waist.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Fanny_pack

I wear one. Contains wallet, passport, copy of passport, pen, medicine and diabetic testing kit, glucose tablets for low blood sugar, tissues and hand wipes. It's quite comfortable, handy, and I hardly know it's there.

Try this:

Keep the photo of your passport on your phone and show it to the bouncer...

who knows, it might work (?)

Duhhhhhhhh, I agree this is a great idea and I should have thought of it,. :good:

I wouldn't be caught dead in an outfit like that.

Quite so, and I think le meme chose (he looks French).

Not long ago, men's shorts were similar to the ones he's wearing, nice and short. Showed a lot of leg. I still have a pair like that but perhaps luckily for me I've expanded my waistline over the years so can no longer wear 'em.

Take away whatever he's wearing on his legs - ?thermal underwear, - take off his tie and I'd agree he matches the description sexy boy scout.

Quite so, and I think le meme chose (he looks French).

I think German. Here is the blurb with the photo plus more views. I think the model's name is Christian.

Konsequent verführerisch: Heute zeigten die kanadischen Zwillingsbrüder Dean und Dan Caten (Dsquared2) in Mailand ihre Männermoden-Phantasien für nächsten Sommer. Die Chippendales könnten angesichts dieser sexy Pfadfinder-Looks ihre Kostüme überdenken. Doch die Styling-Künstler lieferten nicht nur Inspirationen für Stripper…

post-9743-0-30836700-1356459232_thumb.jpg

post-9743-0-65811200-1356459284_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

Less is more. (Clothes, that is !) Not a bad-looking fellow, but if only he would have smiled. Why don't professional models smile more? Must a rule or something. Clothes or no clothes, that guy is not like any Boy Scout I've ever seen. And where do I go to enlist?

Guest thaiworthy

Well, those pictures show boys a bit older than 18. But in the next life I could end up being a girl scout. Wanna try my cookies now and beat the big rush?

Yes, the current pope was a member of the Hitler Youth, but as he's not here to defend himself I thought this site gave a reasonable resume of the situation:

Was Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Ratzinger) A Nazi? Why Join the Hitler Youth?

There is absolutely no reason to think that Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, is now or has ever been secretly a Nazi. Nothing he has ever said or done even remotely suggests the slightest sympathy with any of the basic Nazi ideas or goals. Any claim that he is a Nazi is implausible at best.

However, that is not the end of the story.

While Ratzinger was not a Nazi in the past and Benedict XVI is not a Nazi now, there is more than enough reason to question his handling of his past. It appears that he hasn’t been honest with others — and probably not honest with himself — about what he did and what he could have done.

It’s simply not true that resistance was impossible at the time. Difficult, yes; dangerous, yes. But not impossible. John Paul II participated in anti-Nazi theater performances in Poland, yet there is no evidence of Joseph Ratzinger even doing this much.

Ratzinger may have done more than many others to resist, but he also did far less that some. It’s certainly understandable that he wouldn’t have had the courage to do more and, were he any average person, that would be the end of the story. But he isn’t an average person, is he? He’s the pope, a person who is supposed to be the successor of Peter, head of the Christian Church, and symbol of unity for all Christendom.

You don’t have to be morally perfect to hold such a position, but it’s not unreasonable to expect such a person to have come to terms with their moral failings, even the moral failings that occurred in youth when we don’t usually expect a great deal. It was an understandable mistake or failing not to do more against the Nazis, but still a failing that he hasn’t come to terms with — it sounds rather like he is in denial. In a sense, he has yet to repent; yet he was still considered the best of all the candidates for the papacy.

http://atheism.about.com/od/benedictxvi/i/RatzingerNazi_2.htm

Guest snapshot

If you carry a copy, make sure you also copy the page with your visa/entry stamp.

I still carry my passport around. Have never been worried about losing it and have a nice sleek leather cover so it doesn't get worn.

Only exception is when I'm going for a run. Then I just have snapshots of the photo page and latest immigration stamps on my phone.

Oh, I see now. Go for a run; I thought you meant a visa run. I keep forgetting you are a youngster compared with many of us old timers. Sorry about my comments,BL. Welcome back.The only run I do anymore in Thailand is running after the Asians boyz and I always win the race; don't know why?

Guest snapshot

I meant going for a run as in exercise... I like running around Lumpini Park and up and down Rajadamri. Managed to map out a nice route near my BF's parent's place without too many "shit... almost just got run over" moments too.