TotallyOz

My Visit to Brazil for the Month of March!

Guest thaiworthy

LOL I'll try but I am here more for an adventure than for sexcapades. Although, I do hope to do both. In Sao Paulo, I have my regular boy (now near 30) that I have seen for 10 years. I see him every night and he puts me to bed. I don't take photos of him or share him with anyone. :) He has a wife and I am having dinner with them both tomorrow. He keeps me happy when in Sao Paulo but I'll try to find more guys for you TW. :)

You have a very interesting relationship there. I'm not sure I could do same with his wife and all, but you are far more liberated than moire. Like BigTopMe, bring on the big gluteus maximus. My motto is big baht for big butt and I say that to all the guys I have met in Thailand that are so equipped. Both of them. Hopefully Brazil has a larger proportion.

I don't really mind the pictures of food so much, my appetite works from the nose and not from the eye.

I like the Italian family restaurant idea. Reminds me of similar feasts I had in childhood. Wish they had those in Thailand. Actually they do, but with Thai food. You're lucky to get a decent plate of pasta around here, but I shouldn't be eating that anyway, except for the major holidays, weekends, and every Tuesday and Thursday. 

I was elated to hear Fountainhall likes stained glass so much. I just broke a Tiffany lampshade and it shattered to bits. I guess I can sweep it up now and send him the shards and pieces.

BTW, I love the telephone booth in your pictures. I have a hat just like that.

Great report, keep 'em coming.

Thanks. TW

I forgot the prices for the meal. The place is not cheap. We both had 2 drinks (non alcoholic) and the shrimp risotto. The total bill was 195 R.

I have eaten here about 10 times over the years and really love it. As you can see from the photos, the place is packed and reserved each night. They are usually booked so try to make reservations in advance.

I do know that this is an expensive meal. You can eat very inexpensively like I did at the market downtown or you can eat more upscale. This place in in the Jardines and the area itself is very expensive. My friend has an apartment there they paid 50,000R for 10 years back. They just got offered 2Millon for it. The Brazil economy is booming and thus people are able to eat out at places like this.

Guest fountainhall

Wow! You keep awakening memories. That cash register in Lelli's. I saw one in Punta Arenas in the far south of Chile.

post-1892-0-09996500-1362286413_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

Yes, talk about memories!

At the bottom of that picture is the designation "The National Cash Register Company." I had an uncle who collected these machines. When he died, he gave me and my brothers one of these machines, although much older. Within a week my brother had disassembled it into many little pieces, never to be functional again. I could have clobbered him.

NCR Corporation is an American computer hardware and electronics company that provides products and services that enable businesses to connect, interact and transact with their customers. Its main products are self-service kiosks, point-of-sale terminalsautomated teller machinescheck processing systems, barcode scanners, and business consumables. They also provide IT maintenance support services. From 1988 to 1997 they sponsored the NCR Book Award for non-fiction. NCR had been based in Dayton, Ohio, starting in 1884, but in June 2009, the company sold most of the Dayton properties and moved its headquarters to Metro Atlanta. Currently the headquarters are inunincorporated Gwinnett County, Georgia, near Duluth.[4][5]
The company was founded in 1884 and acquired by AT&T in 1991. A restructuring of AT&T in 1996 led to NCR's re-establishment on 1 January 1997 as a separate company, and involved the spin-off of Lucent Technologies from AT&T. NCR is the only AT&T spin-off company that has retained its original name—all the others have either been purchased or renamed following subsequent mergers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCR_Corporation

These machines are now collector's items, popular on e-bay. This picture looks exactly like the one we had; that cracked white counter is marble. This paricular machine may be broken. The $1 and 60 cent levers appear to be stuck in the down position, which if I recall, was problematic for our machine, too.

T2eC16JwsE9suw0cPBQyz9z6rdQ60_57_zpsbac3

Day 4

Today, I did nothing. :)

I caught up on some work that was falling behind since my travels started. It was a day that I did not venture far from the hotel for the entire day.

At night, I had dinner with my beloved boy in Sao Paulo and his wife. They are a cute couple and it was fun to see them together. I think he tells her he is my bodyguard and she must believe him. But, his full-time job is that of a waiter. I met him in the saunas years ago and have seen him every day I am in Sao Paulo for many years. He is a sweetheart and it is always good to have him over.

For this trip, I bought him a new IPad so he has been sitting in my hotel room playing with the IPad for hours each day. I think he likes games even more than my Thai boyfriend. Technology down here is very expensive and when I asked him what he wanted he said an IPad. I got him the new mini. He loves it.

Other than dinner, I did not leave the 2 block radius of my hotel for the day. I hope I saved up enough energy for a long day tomorrow as I have some fun things planned.

Figueira Rubaiyat

Rua Haddock Lobo 1738, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil

The restaurant was amazing. I did not take my camera as I thought if it was good, I'd go back and dine there again to get some photos. I really didn't know how expensive the place was as I told my friend to pick out the place. I just showed up and he has reservations all set. For the 3 of us, the bill was slightly over 550R. I was lucky as I had the money (barely) and almost didn't have taxi money to return to the hotel. LOL And, while great, I wish I had been better prepared for the cost as my guy just figured I had the money as I pay him every night to stay with me. If he spoke better English, I would told him it was his time to bottom tonight as I already got fucked.

The place is built around a fig tree and is one of the most beautiful places I have ever eaten in. It is a steak house and the steak was fantastic. You can't go here unless you want to have some of the juiciest steak in the world. All the beef is raised on the owners farm. They also serve several Mediterranean dishes and we had some shrimp for appetizer. They shared a bottle of wine. I had water.

Wow! You keep awakening memories. That cash register in Lelli's. I saw one in Punta Arenas in the far south of Chile.

I grew up very poor but one thing I remember that is that my mother had one of these registers for many years. She thought it was junk and sat in our garage for years. Eventually, she sold it and I never even asked about it. But, I do remember putting all my monopoly money in it and playing with it on many a rainy day. :)

Day 5

So today was a long day.

When I woke up, I had stepped on my Sony Camera and it would not function properly. I found the nearest Sony Store and it is in a mall nearby the hotel and I decided to walk as they said it would take 20-30 min.

After about 30 min. I knew I was headed in the wrong direction so I asked and was rerouted. I also keep the address of where I am going written down on paper as most people can't understand if I try to speak. I was pointed in the right direction. Again, I was lost.

After 1.5 hours walking, I got into a taxi and was only 2 blocks away. LOL

The Sony Store manager came out to help as he was the only one who spoke English. He and his workers played with it and could not fix it but they kept it and will have the service center take a look at it tomorrow. The Service Center is in a different location but the manager graciously offered to drive it over so I would not have to take a taxi there.

I ate lunch at the mall and I ate an a Por Kilo place. This is you pay for what you put on the plate. I didn't pill things that high but has some rice and beans, carrots, fish and I think they were quail eggs. I also had a desert. :smile: Total cost was 18R. with drink.

The lunch was good and tasty.

For the afternoon, I was tired and I rested.

I ended up at Lagoa today and the place was dead. Dead may not be the word for it but there were only about 10 clients there max. I was one of them and got a lot of attention. The guys were a bit rough for me and many of them were not in great shape. It was not the stellar cast I saw on Friday. I didn't see anyone I was interested in for the first hour but one guy I bought a drink for the other day came over and I had a drink with him.

The boy I fell in love with on Friday was not there. :( I should have just paid the fucking 300 as I have thought about him all weekend. ;)

Another guy was very cute and kept looking at me so I smiled back at him and he came over and chatted. He is blacker than space and beautiful ripped body. I love me a black boy especially if they look masculine and thuggy. Well, he looked masculine but no tattoos and not too thuggy but still very handsome. His name was Pablo and he is 23 year years old. He had a bit of a goatee and he had a nice six pack.

We chatted for a bit. But, when I say chatted, I mean we tried to chat as none of the boys I talk to speak English and it is a real hard time to get them to an understanding.

However, this one worked hard at it and so did I. He said he was a great kisser, he loved to suck dick and he was a bottom or top. Sold, I said to myself. I asked him how much and he said 150 and I said sorry. He said only 150 if he was great and I said no thank. He said 100 and I said OK.

We took a room and he was very nice. A great kisser, great orally and a great bottom. He got his 100 plus a tip.

Entrance at Lagoa is 40R. Drinks were 5R. Suite was 40R. Total bill for the day was 95R plus the money I gave to him.

I ate dinner at the little Brazilian Cafe right down the street from Lagoa and then took a taxi back to the hotel.

Guest thaiworthy

Sold, I said to myself. I asked him how much and he said 150 and I said sorry. He said only 150 if he was great and I said no thank. He said 100 and I said OK.

I don't understand something, Michael. Why would you balk at 150R with guy no. 2 and have regrets about not paying 300R with guy no. 1?

Do you only pay double when you are forced to endure a long and forlorn weekend?

I don't understand something, Michael. Why would you balk at 150R with guy no. 2 and have regrets about not paying 300R with guy no. 1?

Do you see any difference between Justin Beeber and just another guy at a sauna? :) Well, that was the difference.

I really don't mind paying a bit more but I learned years ago that this pisses the locals off and it pisses other people off who think it messes things up for them. I have always tried to stick to the basic local rate as a point of negotiating and then I give them that after we are done. Then, if they were great, I hand them another hand with a tip and make sure they know this is not part of the transaction.

I have only on rare occasion over the past 5 years paid more than a local rate for any encounter. I will pay more if it is long term, overnight, weekends or weeks but that is all negotiable. I don't like others upset and I also don't like to feel I am being taken advantage of as an American. And, if they think you are new, they will all ask for me. If I were a known quantity (I once was in Sao Paulo), all the boys know I am fair and generous and never say no. But, they think Americans are rich and should pay more. When they do, the locals get upset. It has happened to me many times and I have many friends that are locals and I don't want to get in an uncomfortable situation.

Guest thaiworthy

Thanks. I just wondered about the disparity. 300 vs. 150. It didn't sound as if they were much different in how they appealed to you. As for Justin, compared to whom? 555. I should be so lucky to have such a problem! Is this what Justin charges these days?

BTW, I hope you get that camera fixed pronto, I need my daily fix of photos!

I hope you find boy #1, I think you will!

BTW, I hope you get that camera fixed pronto, I need my daily fix of photos!

I hope you find boy #1, I think you will!

I have a backup camera that is a pro DSL but I would never take that into the saunas. When you walk into the saunas, most take off their clothes and put them in a locker. The locker is with all other clients and the lock on it is the same type as others. Only one key per locker I am sure but I would not trust an expensive camera in it.

The smaller one I was able to keep with me and go unnoticed.

I won't buy another camera here. It is too damn expensive. Electronics are high here. I did look today and they wanted 800 USD for one I can get on Amazon for 200. I just refuse to pay that. This is one of the reasons that every boy I know down here always asks me to bring them cameras, phones, computers, etc and they will pay me for it if I bring to them. It saves them a ton of money.

My next camera (other than my larger pro DSL ones) will be a Panasonic Lumix. They are great and everyone I know in USA that is a pro uses these as their backup. I love them and the quality is amazing and they are super lightweight. The new GH2 or 3 looks fantastic and that is the one I want but I didn't see it in Brazil and I would not pay 3 times the US rate for it.

OK. I have been working on this list for a bit.

Hotels

1 Renaissance São Paulo Hotel | Alameda Santos, 2233 | (11) 3069-2233 | http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/Sãobr-renaissance-São-paulo-hotel

This Marriott property has all the amenities you'd expect from a 4.5-star hotel – pool, spa, iPod/Phone docking stations, comfortable and well-appointed rooms. Although it isn't a gay hotel per se, it is gay-friendly given its location in the Jardim section of São Paulo.

2 Blue Tree Towers Paulista Hotel | Rua Peixoto Gomide, 707 | (11) 3147-7000 | http://www.bluetree.com.br/hoteis-e-resorts/paulista.jsp?language=en

Blue Tree has comfortable rooms and even suite apartments for those who want to stick around a while. There's also wifi, a business center, room service, and an actual sauna. As with the Renaissance, it's not a gay hotel, but gay-friendly as it's in the Jardim.

3 155 Hotel | Rua Martinho Prado, 173 | (11) 3150-1555 | http://www.155hotel.com.br

This is a very gay-friendly, hip, low-cost hotel that has a sleek boutique feel to it, with minimalist rooms that still have a distinct sense of style. They also have apartments that are decidedly more luxe-feeling.

4 Hotel Unique | Av. Brg. Luís Antônio, 4700 | (11) 3055-4700 | http://www.hotelunique.com/index.php

Hotel Unique is a design hotel that is as fabulous as it gets – right down to the Bulgari amenities in the rooms and suites. And if you're frustrated by the lack of tech advances in South America, then this advanced hotel is your salvation. Don't miss having a drink at the Skye Bar on the roof.

5 Fasano | Rua Vittorio Fasano, 88 | (11) 3896-4000 | http://www.fasano.com.br/hotelaria/hotel/1

Named for the famous Fasano hospitality family, this member of the Leading Hotels of the World is gay-friendly, discreet, and absolutely flawless. This is where you want to stay when you want to impress.

6 Golden Tulip Belas Artes Hotel | Rua Frei Caneca, 1199 | (11) 2627-6300 | http://www.goldentulipbelasartes.com/default.aspx

With that address – and name – the Golden Tulip wouldn't be in business if it weren't gay-friendly. This property will put you right in the thick of the action, and its tastefully appointed rooms are welcoming for any guest you may choose to bring home.

7 Pergamon Hotel | Rua Frei Caneca, 80 | (11) 3123-2021 | http://www.pergamonhotel.com

Another hotel located on the “Gay Caneca,” Pergamon's sleek lobby gives way to comfortable rooms at a decent price point. Breakfast is included, even if you've been out partying all night. This hotel is a great deal on the gay strip of São Paulo.

8 Pestana São Paulo Hotel | Rua Tutóia, 77 | (11) 2187-5000 | http://www.pestana.com/en/pestana-São-paulo-hotel/pages/home.aspx

The Pestana is right next to the Parque Ibirapuera, a popular cruising spot. But their extensive business center, spa, gym, and even a heliport for those fast, impossibly glamorous getaways. This is the kind of place your job could definitely put you up at, and they're none the wiser. Note that wifi access is free only in public areas, and paid in the rooms.

9. Intercontinental Hotel | Alameda Santos 1123 Jardim Paulista | (11) 3179-2600 | http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/sao-paulo/saoha/hoteldetail

The Intercontinental Hotel is one of my favorites in Sao Paulo and I have literally spent hundreds of nights there. They are a gay friendly hotel but it is not a gay owned and operated place. If you are not having street guys that are dressed poorly in your room, you will have no problem getting guests into the room. The hotel is very convenient to a ton of restaurants, shops and grocery stores. There is always a slew of taxis waiting for you outside and most taxi drivers in Sao Paulo know the name of the hotel. The prices have changed a great deal over the years and have gotten much more expensive but if you want a first class experience in Sao Paulo, this hotel is not to be beat.

10. Holiday Inn Express | R. Dr. Homem de Melo, 1206 – Perdizes | (11) 3674-7777 | http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/sao-paulo/saoex/hoteldetail

This hotel has now become my favorite in Sao Paulo for many reasons. The place is reasonably priced and it is in a great area. The area is perfect for walking around and you will feel very safe. Taxis are easy to get on the street but the hotel will get one for you if you ask. The area is full of great little restaurants and coffee shops. It is very close to a great mall that has just about everything you would want or need on vacation. The only downside is the hotel is not in the area as all the saunas. The staff is fantastic and very helpful. The rooms are not extravagant but nicely done and comfortable.

Bars

1 Sonique | Rua Bela Cintra, 461 | (11) 2628.8707 | http://www.soniquebar.com.br

Sonique is a mixed-crowd bar, although Tuesdays and Wednesdays are their unofficial gay nights, when its enormous space is filled with gorgeous things moving to the music and drinking what many say are the best mojitos in São Paulo. While the beautiful boys will have you coming back for more, be warned – this place can get overcrowded in a hot second.

2 Farol Madalena | Rua Jericó 179 | (11) 3032-6470 | http://www.farolmadalena.com.br

Farol Madalena is part bar, part restaurant, and all gay, with a heavy lesbian contingent. They often host live music varying from pub-style guitarists to full-on burlesque-style performances. If you want a laid-back place that's not a scene – at least, not for you – then this is it.

3 Bar da Dida | Rua Dr. Melo Alves, 98 | (11) 3088-7177 | http://bardadida.com.br

Outdoor seating and the laid back vibe are the big draws here; Bar da Dida is more hangout than hot-to-trot, but you can definitely see and be seen, as it is in the Jardins gayborhood. They also serve snacks if you're feeling peckish. Their outdoor seating gives you a bit of fresh air, and is also where the amateur films are shown throughout the year. There are readings as well, giving it an artsy vibe.

4 Espaço Salvador Dali e Picasso Bar | Rua João Adolfo, 126 | (11) 3101-2537 | http://www.ursound.com.br

You want to go to this on Saturdays every two weeks or so, when the Ursound party brings bears together for some good loving and retro/classic music. It's the best bear party in the entire country! It is THE place to be for bears, chubs, chubby chasers – and the otters who love them – but only on specific Saturdays. And with the bear community growing larger every day – in number, not girth – it's worth it to go back again and again.

5 Peep Lounge | Rua Araujo, 155 | (11) 3219-0012 | http://www.peeplounge.blogspot.com

Peep Lounge is a cruising bar that adds a touch of style to its cabins, glory holes, video rooms and dark rooms. In fact, it looks more like a boutique hotel lounge than a bar! This is where those who miss Station Bar have migrated to, and remains the only cruising bar in town. Leather parties are hosted once a month, so check the listings. Although nudity is welcomed, there are no lockers, so you'll have to watch where you stash your stuff.

6 Bar Caneca de Prata | Av. Dr. Vieira de Carvalho, 55 | (11) 3223-6420 | http://www.canecadeprata.com

Founded in 1943, Bar Caneca de Prata claims to be the first gay bar in Brazil. It's a small, old-school place that's a real hangout; nothing too spectacular, no drag shows, no food. It's an actual, regular, plain old bar, except it's frequented by gay men. It can be a welcome change from the crazy club atmosphere of some other places on the list, but is not a pickup place.

7 SK Bar (formerly Espaço Caê) | Rua Aurora, 737 | (11) 3852-5637 | http://www.skbar.com.br

SK is a “hetero-friendly” gay bar that packs in about 200 lucky people a night for drinks every night, drag shows on Wednesdays, DJs on Thursdays, and their most popular offering, karaoke, which happens on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays have live samba starting when doors open at 5pm. The other nights of the week they open nice and early at 7:30pm, so it's a good first stop before heading onto other places.

8 O Gato | Rua Frei Caneca, 462 | (11) 3256-3656 | http://www.ogato.com.br (not working)

Depending on what night you're there, O Gato is either a bar or a club. Go earlier in the week and stick to the lower level for live ambient music; head there on the weekends and go upstairs for electro pop and lots of sweaty Brazilian bodies – which are guaranteed, given its location on the “Gay” Caneca. It can get a little cramped, though, so make sure to go early or late (which is early; it closes at 6am) to be able to, you know, breathe.

9 Tunnel | Rua dos Ingleses, 355 | (11) 3285 0246 | http://www.tunnel.com.br

If you like 'em young, then this is where you want to go. For whatever reason, Tunnel attracts “baby gays” who are new to the social scene. They dance the night away to DJ sets on the lower level; if you want to chat with your new conquest, then head upstairs for a quiet(er) drink.

10 Frey Café & Coisinhas | Rua Frei Caneca, 703 | (11) 3539 0858 | http://www.freycafe.com.br

Channel your inner West Hollywood in this casual, day-to-night cafe that turns into a pretty chill bar at night. Even their theme nights are laid back and convivial. It's perfect for checking out the scene without a lot of DJ bass and laser lights, and the outdoor seating gives you a front row seat to the street action.

Clubs/Discos

1 Bubu Lounge | Rua dos Pinheiros, 791 | (11) 3081-9546 | http://www.bubulounge.com.br

With 21,000 likes on Facebook and theme nights like FUN!, CHIC!, BOYZ! And TOP!, Bubu Lounge is party central for gays and the fabulous people who love them, and has a reputation as the best party in town. Wednesdays is a much more mixed crowd, while Fridays are when the boys' shorts come off and there is some definite grinding on the massive dance floor. Saturdays are pretty hot as well.

2 Cantho | Largo do Arouche, 32 | (11) 3723-6624 | http://www.cantho.com.br

There may not be the most nubile crowd at Cantho, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun; bear nights, drag shows, Madonna tributes, and more keep the place rocking and rolling until the wee hours of the morning. There are some super=hot go-go boys as well if you just feel like looking.

3 Clube dos Pauzudos | Rua Dr Veiga Filho, 802 | (11) 3666-4908 | http://www.clubedospauzudos.com.br

This is not a nightly club; check the website for party times and themes. And by party, we mean orgy. A strict all-nude policy is in place (shoes only), and hustlers are prohibited; voyeurism is allowed. Crowd is mostly heavily masculine, not many twinks at all. They have gang bang nights, sauna nights, and “Horse Men” nights, where those who are particularly gifted, shall we say (over 21 cms), get in free!

4 A Loca | Rua Frei Caneca, 916 | (11) 3159-8889 | http://aloca.com.br/blog

As the name suggests, this place can get pretty crazy, especially on Thursdays and Sundays. But almost any night of the week you'll find every conceivable type of gay man, including some lovely, lively transgendered ladies – and equally lovely drag queen hostesses to greet you at the door, who may appear in the drag show on stage later. It's perhaps the only place in town where a straight girl can boogie down with a leather daddy, only to be interrupted by two smooth twinks making out.

5 The Week | Rua Guaicurus 324 | (11) 3872-9966 | http://www.theweek.com.br

The Week is a must-visit for any club goer, with two dance areas, three bars, a pool, and various bars, lounges, and beautiful boys scattered throughout. Even if you leave São Paulo, you won't leave The Week behind; they also have clubs in Rio de Janeiro and Florianópolis. Get your membership card for discounts and special invites, and don't miss the Bablyon parties on Saturdays and the Acqua Play pool parties on Sundays.

6 ABC Bailão | Rua Marquês de Itu, 182 | (11) 3333-3537 | http://www.abcbailao.com.br

This club is for older gay men, and the younger men who love them. Theme nights include “80s forever” (the decade, not the age). Owners and friends Rogério and Amarildo make sure the place is packed and jumping, and there's a real locals-only feel.

7 Black Out Sex Club | Largo do Arouche, 205 | (11) 3337-3888 | http://www.blackoutclub.com.br

Aptly named, Black Out is a gay sex club with nights that are not necessarily themed, but there are student nights, bear nights, etc., so check in advance for your particular fetish and you will not be disappointed.

8 Blue Space | Rua Brigadeiro Galvão, 723 | (11) 3666-1616 | http://bluespace.com.br/site

Drag queens, go-go boys and Djs, oh my! This enormous space is definitely blue, with multiple rooms, nightly shows, more fabulousness than you can shake a dick at. If you are even a casual fan of drag shows, this is the place to be – their shows are legendary. The “Tea Dance” on Sundays is insane, and have achieved worldwide notoriety thanks to YouTube. Note, however, that the go-go boys are perhaps the finest in all of Brazil, if drag isn't your thing.

9 Nostromondo | Rua da Consolação, 2554 | (11) 3661-6813 | no website

Not nearly as big as the mega-clubs you usually find, with a capacity of less than 200, this is the oldest gay club in São Paulo, and its drag shows are legendary. Their strip shows are nothing to sniff at, either. Note that while it is open on Sundays, its hours are 6pm-midnight only.

10 Meow Club | Rua Achilles Orlando Curtolo, 646 | (11) 3063-5519 | http://www.meowdiscoclub.com.br (doesn't work)

Gays and lesbians mix it up at the Meow Club, which features American DJs and plenty of space for getting your groove on. Music is definitely the draw here, with a mostly '90s theme – but before you balk, remember that this music is what brings the hot young things out to play. Head up to the VIP section, which overlooks the dance floor, to get your voyeur action in. There are also private cabins if things get even hotter.

11 Club Gloria | Rua 13 de Maio, 830 | (11) 3287-3700 | http://www.clubegloria.com

If you liked the Limelight in New York back in the day, you will love Club Gloria, set in a deconsecrated church. They've divvied the space up nicely, and the luxe furnishings give it a classy edge. Otherwise, it's the laser-light, DJ-fueled dance hall of hot young things. However, note that it is entirely gay on Fridays and Saturdays only; the rest of the week, it's mixed but definitely more on the hetero side.

12 The Society | Rua Marquês de Paranaguá, 329 | (11) 3154-1669 | http://www.thesociety.com.br

More reminiscent of a gentlemen's salon than a nightclub, The Society is not the usual hell-raising fiesta of the clubs you see here. Also, sadly, they have a “shirts please” policy, so your leering is kept to a minimum. That being said, this bar, run by the same geniuses that own The Week, is almost hilariously classy and has great DJ sets.

13 Flex Club | Avenida Marquês de São Vicente, 1767 | (11) 3611-3368 | http://www.flexclub.com.br

Oh, the places you'll go-go! Flex has a raucous club atmosphere that features go-go boys dancing on the bar, Madonna theme nights, a yearly White Party, and more shirtless bodies than you can shake a stick at. There are also drag nights and a rotating list of top DJs that keep the crowd hot, sweaty and shirtless until the wee hours. If it gets too sweaty, head to their outdoor space to cool down.

Sauna/Massage

1 Termas For Friends | Rua Morgado de Mateus, 365 | (11) 5579-1887 | http://www.termasforfriends.com.br

Founded in 1976, Termas for Friends stakes its claim as the first gay sauna in Brazil, and proudly “accepts any fetish” - as well as any credit card. It's a sleekly designed, massive complex, with a lounge, pool, jacuzzi and showers as well as video room, and dark rooms. There's even a scotch room if you're feeling especially gentlemanly. The winter garden is a heavenly respite after an encounter.

2 Termas LAGOA | Rua Borges Lagoa, 287 | (11) 5573-9689 | http://www.thermaslagoa.com.br

Some think it's gone downhill, while for others it's a beloved favorite; but sauna fans could easily spend all day, and most of the night, at LAGOA. In addition to the usual features – Turkish baths, Finnish saunas, heated whirlpool and masseurs – there are TV and video rooms, live shows, a full gym, and cabins and suites with A/C. You can even get a hair cut, and have a meal at the bar.

3 Chilli Pepper Hotel | Largo do Arouche, 610 | (11) 3331-3336 | http://www.hotelchillipepper.com.br

The owner calls it a hotel, but everyone in Sao Paulo treats it like the sauna it is. Basically, Chilli Pepper is a 24/7 sauna with the option of a locker or a “hotel” room, available at six, 12, and 24-hour rates. The crowd changes depending on the day's/night's theme, but this popular place has something – and someone – for everyone.

4 Termas Fragata | Rua Francisco Leitão, 71| (11) 3085-7061 | http://www.termasfragata.com.br

Fragata is in fact a sauna, with all that implies, including private rooms and suites. However, they're particularly proud of their stripper shows and other hosted events, so stick around for the talent! Sunday and Tuesday are the best days in terms of a decent crowd of eligible boy toys as well as local delicacies.

5 Splash 720 | Rua Guaicurus, 720 | (11) 4329-0204 | http://splash720.com.br/sitenovo

Jet lagged? Leaving The Week at some ungodly hour of the morning and need to freshen up? Or maybe you just plain want to get it on no matter the time. Well then, Splash 720, a sleek, high-end, 24-hour sauna, is for you. The main action happens in the heated pool/bar area, where forgiving lighting and a waterfall from the ceiling lends itself to cozy encounters. You must book a room or a locker; splurge on the room, and make it a double so you have some space.

Restaurants

1 Vermont Itaim | Rua Pedroso Alvarenga, 1192 | (11) 3071-1320 | http://www.vermontitaim.com.br

Later on in the night this becomes more of a bar than a restaurant, but it has decent food in a great, gay-friendly atmosphere. This is where you'll find the bear community during the weeks between Ursound parties. Grab a seat on the balcony for the best view of the action. Don't miss the all-girl samba band on Sundays.

2 Obá Restaurante | Rua Melo Alves, 205 | (11) 3086-4774 | http://www.obarestaurante.com.br

Obá serves up delicious Mexican-Brazilian-Thai-Italian fusion dishes in an atmosphere that is decidedly fabulous. It's quickly gaining foodie cred, so expect a mixed crowd. Also expect different menus and parties honoring the holidays of all the cultures they combine in their cuisine – it can get a bit hectic on these nights, but it's great for a group. There's also a lounge for pre- or post-dinner drinks in a more tranquil setting.

3 Bella Paulista | Rua Haddock Lobo, 354 | (11) 3214-3347 | http://www.bellapaulista.com

Bella Paulista is part store, part buffet, part cafeteria, and all delicious. And they deliver to the gayborhood, in case you don't feel like leaving your comfy bed (or bed partner). This isn't anything fancy, but it's quick, good, and always gay-friendly.

4 L'Open | Alameda Itu, 1466 | (11) 3060-9013 | http://www.lopen.com.br/ (doesn't work)

The gay owner of this Italian restaurant has installed an art gallery on its second floor, so take some time to check it out after finishing your meal – or to eavesdrop on the latest gayborhood gossip whispered by drag queens and models. Oh, and the food isn't bad, either – authentic Italian dishes, from Venetian pasta to Neapolitan pizza.

5 Ritz | Alameda Franca, 1088 | (11) 3088-6808 | http://www.restauranteritz.com.br

With wiener schnitzel, mushroom linguine and hamburgers on the menu, it's the most Brazilian place you'll ever eat – but everything is delicious, and their Alameda Franca location couldn't be more gay-friendly. Everyone comes here, it seems, before heading out for the night. People watching is prime – and that includes the young, hot wait staff.

6 Restaurante Spot | Alameda Min. Rocha Azevedo, 72 | (11) 3283-0946 | http://www.restaurantespot.com.br

Impossibly hip, Spot is the place to see and be seen among the hoi polloi and pick at delectable treats from a light, almost California-inspired menu. If you miss the New York Chelsea scene, this is the place for you. It's a rare thing to find a super-trendy place with a friendly staff and great food, but Spot seems to have hit the trifecta in this regard.

7 Piaf Bar & Bistro | Alameda Franca, 303 | (11) 3097 0880 | www.piafbarbistrot.com.br (doesn't work)

This cute French place is where you want to take your guy for a romantic meal in the gayborhood, or to grab a quiet drink before heading out a-hunting. In fact, their drinks are starting to earn them quite the reputation.

8 Tirreno's | Rua Frei Caneca, 649 | (11) 3151-4526 | http://www.tirrenos.com.br/freicaneca

Tirreno's Grill is a perfect lunchtime spot, when their self-service buffet lets you pick and choose among their tasty salads and succulent grilled skewers of everything from meat to fruit. If you like fresh (young) meat, this is the place to go and check out the selection.

9 Consulado Mineiro | Praça Benedito Calixto, 74 | (11) 3088-6055 | http://www.consuladomineiro.com.br

This restaurant serves up authentic northern Brazilian dishes, and is hopping with a very gay crowd on Saturday nights who are loading up before hitting the clubs. Avoid on Saturdays for lunch as it gets packed with shoppers from the antiques market. The portions are big, so come hungry!

10 Tordesilhas | Rua Bela Cintra, 465 | (11) 3107-7444 | http://www.tordesilhas.com/eng

Although it's named after the treaty signed between Spain and Brazil, the menu is entirely Brazilian – as is the delicious gay crowd that frequents it. It's not cheap, but many think it's the best place in the city for authentic Brazilian cuisine. Reservations are not mandatory, but strongly advised.

Businesses/Organizations

1 Frei Caneca | Rua Frei Caneca, 569 | (11)3472 2000 | http://www.freicanecashopping.com

Frei Caneca is a street, a way of life – and also the name of a shopping mall that doubles as a casual cruising spot. And you can multitask by visiting their dozens of shops for gifts for the folks back home. There are good bargains to be had.

2 Espaco Havainas | Rua Oscar Freire, 1116 | (11) 3079-3415 | http://br.havaianas.com/pt-BR/stores/concept

This is the concept store for the iconic Brazilian flip-slops, and worth a visit even if you have no intention of buying. They have every color of the rainbow, and are actually a great gift idea. And if you showed up with clunky shoes, then you can do worse than comfy Havainas!

3 Mercado Municipal de São Paulo | Rua da Cantareira, 306 | no number | http://www.mercadomunicipal.com.br/index.php?page=english

This food market is a must-visit – not only for the foods, but for the astounding 1920s architecture. Browse the almost 300 vendors selling everything from spices to sweets, and pick up some snacks for later – or make a full meal to eat on the go.

4 Track & Field | Rua Oscar Freire, 959 | (11) 3062-4457 | http://www.tf.com.br

Did a visit to the Havainas store whet your appetite for laid-back Brazilian beach fashion? Are your clothes suddenly feeling heavy and worn when confronted with all those hot bodies? Then pick up some beach shorts and other casual wear here, and blend right in with the locals.

Day 6: Karma is a Bitch

I went to the mall again today to eat lunch and met a really sweet guy at a store there. He spoke perfect English and his uncle lives in Toronto and he has visited there several times. He seem to not want me to leave his store and he had about 4 others in the store listening to us but I don't think they understood anything as they don't speak English. It was great to chat with someone so smart and sweet.

After I chatted with him, I headed up for lunch. I decided on the por kilo place again and I was much more careful this time to pick only what I was going to eat as opposed to what I wanted to taste.

After about 5 minutes, Ferris walked over to may table and asked to join me. I said of course and we had a really nice lunch. We chatted and laughed about the prices in Brazil for goods and the cost he experienced in Toronto. He asked for my email and I gave it to him and we said goodbye. It was such a lovely chat and I had such a nice time talking to him.

I headed to Fragata. I had decided that my demigod that asked 300 from Lagoa was not worth my time to ride all the way over there again and so I was going to go to Fragata Sauna. We were less than 10 blocks from my hotel in massive traffic when guess who I saw walking down the street? Yes, my demigod from Lagoa. I looked over and over again to be sure but it was him. I rolled my window down and shouted, "hello." He looked at me kindly oddly (like he didn't recognize me) and kept walking. I honestly thought of jumping out of the taxi and running after him like a dog in heat but: 1. I didn't want to embarrass my self and 2. I wasn't sure if he wanted to chat outside the sauna. I was so excited to see him that I knew it was destiny. :) But, I also knew that he would not be at Lagoa tonight as he was a LONG way away.

I got to Fragata with my demigod on my mind. The place had a very nice crowd. Tons of boys and tons of clients. There were several I wanted in the place but I decided to get a massage from the massagista. He was great and it was very needed but at the end he tried to give me a good blow job but I didn't want to waste my cum on someone my own age. :) So, I thanked him and left.

I got in the taxi to go to the hotel but the Demigod was on my mind so I headed to Lagoa just in case.

Lagoa was also very busy. There was a slew of guys and customers. I have to say that this crowd was better looking than the one from the same sauna on Friday night or Monday night.

There were tons of cute twinks there but my future husband was not there.

I decided I was not going to do anything there tonight when one of the cute twinks started licking his lips and I smiled and he came over to me. He went to get his phone to translate which I thought was cute and his friend also sat down next to me. He said in translate, "I want to fuck you so much that your cum shoots into the next room." well, I wasn't sure if that is what he meant or did the mean that he wanted sex with the guy in the next room and not me? :)

But, he was fun to play with and he told me that he was a great top and bottom and he would suck me dry. I laughed again as he was just too funny. His friend was next to us and also fun to chat with. One was from Fortaleza and one was from Sao Paulo. Both were 19. Both said they were bi. But, the one from Fortaleza was totally gay and I doubt could get it up for girl.

Anyway, I asked them if we all three went together would they be OK to fuck each other. They both jumped at the idea and said yes. I asked how much and they didn't care so I said 100R each and they said yes.

We got a room. I had asked for Suite 24 which is the larger room but it was booked and we took another suite.

HOLY SHIT. This was the best 3way I have had in 8 years. These two twinks were amazing. They both were amazing kissers, great orally, and wonderful bottoms. The one from Fortaleza had such a great ass. The three of us did everything possible with everyone possible. I came twice in the hour and both of them shot loads that were amazing.

I never asked them to cum but they both wanted to and they both wanted to be sure they fucked each other and they took turns going back and forth. I loved the guy from Fortaleza getting fucked as he obviously loved it. It is such a great three way experience. I had an amazing time. I gave them both a nice tip to which they were both happy and wanted to know if they can go to hotel with me. LOL Sex once per day is enough for me but this much sex was enough to last for the week and honestly, if I have no more sex in Sao Paulo, I will be happy with my experiences here.

When I got to the hotel, I had an email waiting for me asking me to do to dinner with the guy I met at the mall today. I told him today was not possible but asked about tomorrow. He agreed. So, I have a date with a really cute boy tomorrow and I am sure that if he puts out, the dinner will cost me more than the fantastic 3 way I just had. :) But, life must be lived and enjoyed and in Brazil, you just go with the flow.

Did I say how much I enjoyed my 2 twinks today? :) HOLY SHIT! I even forgot about my demigod. Well, almost,but not quite.

Guest fountainhall

HOLY SHIT! I even forgot about my demigod. Well, almost,but not quite.

Something tells me this is not the last time we are going to hear about him  :p ! It's almost like a Victorian melodrama with him as a recurring theme, a vision of the night who either becomes reality or finally vanishes in a puff of smoke. Can we take bets on the ending????

Something tells me this is not the last time we are going to hear about him  :p ! It's almost like a Victorian melodrama with him as a recurring theme, a vision of the night who either becomes reality or finally vanishes in a puff of smoke. Can we take bets on the ending????

I hope not the last time I see him. But, some of the boys only work at the saunas on the weekends and I don't be in Sao Paulo this weekend. I head to a new city on Friday. I'll make it to the sauna again on Thursday and hope he is there.

I will wager you a big bag of plain m&ms he will turn out to be a total dud.

Isn't that always the way it works? LOL

Guest thaiworthy

Isn't that always the way it works? LOL

Yes, dud would be the odds-in favorite. Shhh! Don't tell FH. He'll want two bags.

Guest fountainhall

No, I've given up chocolate for Lent - and maybe a while after that! I want to lose some weight like Khortose.

Michael, are saunas the only place to hook up for sex in Brazil? Aren't there bars? Cruising? Or is all that too time consuming or dangerous?

No, I've given up chocolate for Lent - and maybe a while after that! I want to lose some weight like Khortose.

Michael, are saunas the only place to hook up for sex in Brazil? Aren't there bars? Cruising? Or is all that too time consuming or dangerous?

There are tons of bars and cruising areas and I have been to most of them in Sao Paulo and Rio. Sao Paulo is filled with gay bars and places that gays hang out. It is a very gay friendly city. I was on the main street a few days ago, Paulista Avenue, and there were many gays holding hands. Brazil has many legal protections for gays.

Yes, the bars are safe but there are still issues for people that don't know the language. I would normally go to a few of these places but my long term guy here I only get to see once or twice a year and he works till 10 - 11PM at night and then comes to my place. That means we only get a short time together while here and I much prefer to spend my time with him.

I have written on other sites about the night park cruising area. I have been quite a bit over the years and love it there. But, if you don't have someone with you that speaks the language or you don't know the language, it can be seedy.

I have had several friends that were "Cinderella Cocktail" while they were at clubs and hotels with people they pick up in clubs. That was years ago and I am not sure if that is still an issue here but I would bet it would be.

I have been to dance clubs in Sao Paulo more than I ever have in all of Thailand. They are phenomenal but they are not my scene. Most here don't even go out to dinner until 9 or 10 and then the bars and then the dance clubs. It is just way to late for me. That said, I have been to most of them here and they have better dance clubs in Sao Paulo than anywhere I have ever been including NYC and Paris.

The scene here is pretty easy to find gay guys and I have been on Grindr and had several offers but I have not met anyone from there. Part of that is I just prefer the sauna boys and part of a fear of the unknown.

If you are adventurous and a late night person, the bar scene here is really great and the eye candy is incredible. It is just not something I enjoy here or anywhere else.

Guest fountainhall

I can understand the concern re language. It was my major regret on visiting South America that I only spoke a few words and phrases.

Day 7

Today was my date day. :)

I decided it would not be good to go to the mall today so I had lunch at the Mercado Municipal again. Once again, I loved it. I had the shrimp pocket and an orange juice.

I also headed back over to Lagoa today and found my two boys from the previous night. It took me less than 10 min to find them, get everything arranged and get the suite. Suite 24 was available and I much prefer that one. So, we went for it. I was back to the hotel before 8PM and had time to shower and relax a bit.

My date picked me up around 10 and we went to dinner. It was fun and he picked the place. It was very cheap but it was one of those all you can meat places. It was not a tourist place and very local. We ate full dinner and drinks for less than 70R. and he offered to pay. WHAT? I was surprised. I guess he doesn't know I am here for the saunas and I didn't tell him and he never asked.

He then took me to his apartment and we chatted and had a great time. He pays 3k R for a nice 2 bedroom apartment. 5 people share the apartment so it makes it very reasonable for them. It it in a very nice area but the space is pretty small. I met 2 of his roommates and they were also nice but not great at English. I stayed with him for a long time and then he took me back to my place.

If I were living here, he would be boyfriend material for sure. Smart, intelligent and a great conversationalist. Plus, a super sweet guy!

Guest thaiworthy

My date picked me up around 10 and we went to dinner.

Isn't 10 PM kind of late for dinner? I know you're not a night owl, but maybe it's common in Brazil. What time did you get to bed (sleep) after all was said and done?