TotallyOz

My Visit to Brazil for the Month of March!

Today was the first day I have felt like getting out of the hotel. I knew I wanted to see a few things in Salvador before I go to Rio next week so I decided to venture out to the old area called the Historic Center of Salvador or as the locals say, The Pelourinho. It is an area that is in the western area of the city and it was the main part of the city during the Portuguese Colonial Period. There are many churches and historical moments dating back from the 17th through the 19th centuries. Since Salvador was the first capital of Brazil and the city is one of the oldest in the "New World" the area has amazing significance to the people here. It is also where the center of the slave trade into Brazil was located and thus why you see some very dark black bodies. Salvador is known for his beautiful black men and I have yet to take a ride in a taxi where my mouth was not dropping at the sight of such beauties.

I ended up meeting a nice guy today and having lunch with him. He was fun to talk to and we exchanged numbers. He wanted to visit me tonight but as I just over the flu, I did not want to risk him getting sick so I told him I could not tonight but perhaps on Sunday night. He is a VERY gay boy and not a money guy from what I can tell. I think he just liked the attention I gave him when I saw him and as we talked, he noticed I couldn't take my eyes off his ass. :) What a lovely monument it is!

Our lunch was at a por kilo place. These places are all over Brazil and it is you pay for what you eat. This specific place was one where all the food was home grown in the area. It was reasonable and tasty and I am glad I went there with him for lunch.

The rest of my afternoon was spent walking around the art shops and street vendors looking at artwork and soaking in the scenery that is unique to Salvador. I will say that the thing that surprised me the most was there was a police station on just about every street I visited. Not even a few hundred feet away from the last one. This tells me that perhaps the area is not safe or that it is very safe. In either case, I felt fine walking around and shopping and yes, Firecat, I took my camera for you. :) LOL

There were plenty of great inside art shops but I also loved the outside street graffiti.

There were tourists everywhere and artists on display on the street along with a few pack of dogs walking around. Everyone just seemed to be doing their own thing.

After a few hours of the heat and sun, my body recovering from the flu I just had to head back to the hotel to drink a lot of cold water and relax. It was a fun day and one that I really enjoyed. Salvador is beautiful and this part was divine!

Centro Historico _Salvador_1.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_2.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_3.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_4.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_5.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_6.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_7.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_8.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_9.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_10.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_11.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_12.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_13.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_14.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_15.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_16.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_17.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_18.jpg

Centro Historico _Salvador_19.jpg

I went to the Barra Lighthouse today. It is at the end of the Barra peninsula and housed inside an ancient Portuguese fort, Barra Lighthouse (Farol da Barra). It is a prime spot to view the spectacular sunsets and views across All Saints Bay and to watch the boats go by, sailing boats float and men out on the rocks fishing for food. I climbed to the top of the lighthouse (10R) and saw the museum and took some time for some photos. It was very enjoyable.

Inside the lighthouse and you’ll find a small museum filled with maps, charts and artifacts – many of which were recovered from sunken ships transporting the slaves during the colonial period. There were several beach areas nearby and I enjoyed watching the families play in the waves for a bit. But, it was getting a bit rainy and wet so I headed back to hotel for rest.

At night, I decided I at least wanted to see a few of the saunas. I also had to go to Citibank before my trip to the Sea Turtle Sanctuary tomorrow. So, I hired a driver for the night and took off.

Thermas Olympus | Rua Tuiuti, 183 | 71 329 0060

Olympus is small, quiet, basic, and has astonishingly beautiful boys who give great massages (and other delights). It isn't packed, though, so you can basically have your choice and even negotiate the rate. Tonight when I went, there were only 3 boys there. 2 were extremely hot but the owner wanted me to leave all my clothes in the locker and with only 3 people there, I wanted to keep my wallet and money with me. It was not going to happen, so I left. There was no fee to look around and see the boys. They did make clear this this was not a sauna but a house of prostitution and the boys were working boys and they wanted customers and not lookers. LOL

Planetario 11 | Rua José Duarte, 11 | 71 3321 4511 | http://www.planetario11.com.br/

This club, known to locals as simply P11, looks unassuming from the outside but inside is a huge sauna packed with working boys they say if you can't get laid here, you can't get laid anywhere. Stick around for the shows and other entertainment, ranging from drag to strippers to DJs. Tonight was a Saturday night and there were about 35 boys there. 90 percent of them were very dark black boys. A few lighter color guys and 2 twinks. The vast majority of guys had 6 packs and were beautiful. The average age was 22-28. I talked to about 8 boys and none of them spoke English. However, they were all nice and friendly and loved to show me their massive cocks. All said they were not gay. 5 of them said they were both Active and Passive. The two twinky boys were both active and passive. LOL

The place is big and it comprises 3 levels with dark rooms, movie rooms, a big theater screen, a bar and several relaxing rooms and one smoking room. There were plenty of customers there. The place is hard to find so before you go print out a map for your driver as most won't find it easily.

In fact, when you go anywhere in the city, I suggest you mark the spot on a map to show them. Not one taxi I have seen has GPS and they are not like the Sao Paulo taxis and just roll down the window and ask where something is. They just keep driving and driving and trying to find it.

The area where the saunas were is far away from my hotel and not in as nice an area as the tourist area. But, I never felt uncomfortable. However, I did keep the same driver for the night. He drove me to the Citibank and then to a few of the saunas. The cost for the night was 100R.

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

Just awesome, Michael. You should put all this into a book on Gay Brazil!!

I can get the tourist stuff from the net, but your visits to the saunas, etc are fascinating.

You've now got me planning a trip around April next year, although the World Cup may disrupt those plans.

I travel to Europe frequently but as I live in Australia, I now tend to spend most of my time traveling in Asia. Brazil is one hell of a way from where I am, but it should be ok with a stopover in Dubai.  I'm now starting to research, even though it's a year away.

BTW I also enjoy your photos, especially of the boys! Wow, they are hot! Does jacques walk around dressed like that all the time??

The only Brazilian I have met was in a sex club in Copenhagen.  He had the biggest cock I have ever seen.  Although my taste in guys is almost exclusively Asian, I knew then that I could always make an exception.  hehe

I can get the tourist stuff from the net, but your visits to the saunas, etc are fascinating.

If you like Sauna stories, you need to read my friend Tom's account in Porto Alegre. He takes full photos inside the saunas of the boys he talks about and he is much more visual than I am. I was supposed to have met him in Porto Alegre last Thursday but I was delayed in Salvador and am meeting up with him tomorrow in Rio.

Here is his thread:

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13486-porto-alegrerio-march-2013/

Yes, you do have to be a member to see the photos like this site, but it is free and the photos are totally worth it if you like Brazilian Boys. And, I am sure he will be adding much more to the thread from Rio.

As for me today I went to about 6 different beaches and swam and played in the sand and got sunburned. But, I thought I'd share 2 of my favorites before I write up my summary of the day. :)

I liked these two surfers from today and their group let me take some photos of them.

Salvador_B_1.jpg

Salvador_B_2.jpg

Today was the day I had set aside for the trip I have planned my entire faction and that is a road trip to the Praia Do Forte and the Tamar Sea Turtle Project. I know most people have no desire to ride 120 KM in a taxi to see some giant turtles but it was a part of my must see list.

I was not able to book a professional tour guide this trip as they either didn't get back to me or they were booked. So, I had a nice taxi driver I liked and he said he would take me for 300R. He does not speak English and thus we had zero communication but I thought he was fun and enjoyable.

He is required to have a proper shirt and pants to sit in line at the hotel for a taxi ride but today he showed up on swim trunks and shirt and eye glasses. He was ready to party. :)

We left at 8am today and spent the entire day. He did not rush me one time and we stopped at about 7 different beaches along the way. Each one was beautiful in its own way. Some were small fishing villages and others were more organized and larger communities. I felt very safe in each one and very comfortable.

I loved watching the locals do their business whether it was fishing, swimming, riding horseback or cooking. It was just a really enjoyable cultural experience.

I wish I had listened to IHPGUY and spent a few days out there just on the beaches and doing nothing but soaking in the sun. Had I had his vast knowledge, I would have done the trip differently and most likely would have booked a small hotel on the beach and just enjoyed my time there.

The Sea Turtle project was great to see and I really enjoyed it. They save thousands of turtles every year and I had a big smile on my face the entire time I was there. The village the sanctuary was in looks great. Lots of shops, stores and restaurants. We ate at a local little cafe and had a typical Brazilian lunch. We then kept going farther up the beaches.

I enjoyed seeing the surfer boys, the families all laying in the ocean and the fishermen. It was a full day today!

Summary for Salvador:

Like others, I have found Salvador to be a real treat. It has become one of my favorite cities in Brazil. I love the people and the atmosphere and the beaches can't be beat.

I liked the Mecure Hotel here. It was clean and great room service and good breakfast.

On the street as the hotel were tons of little restaurants. They were not so cheap but they were divine. I found one that has lunch specials for 27R - 32R and I ate there every day for lunch.

Getting around is hard if you don't speak the language. Most likely, next time I am here I will get a boy to travel here with me. I need someone from Brazil that can speak both English and Portuguese. It was my plan for Fortaleza but as I was sick, I didn't find anyone.

The city is cheap depending on what you do and where you eat. But, the taxis take a while to get from one place to the next. Next time I might get a rental car and do my own driving.

The boys here are divine and they have great bodies. Each morning I was up early watching the boys run on the beach, play ball, swim, etc. It is a very active city.

Salvador_B_3.jpg

Salvador_B_4.jpg

Salvador_B_5.jpg

Salvador_B_7.jpg

Salvador_B_8.jpg

Salvador_B_9.jpg

Salvador_B_10.jpg

Salvador_B_11.jpg

Salvador_B_12.jpg

Salvador_B_13.jpg

Salvador_B_14.jpg

Salvador_B_15.jpg

Salvador_B_16.jpg

Salvador_B_17.jpg

Salvador_B_18.jpg

Can you explain what's going on in your last photo there, Michael? I assume it is to do with the turtles.

The nets you see above each have about 120 eggs in them. When the turtles hatch after 45-60 days they go to the nesting beach. They are then let out to sea. But, the nets protect them until they are ready for their next journey.

I travel to Europe frequently but as I live in Australia, I now tend to spend most of my time traveling in Asia. Brazil is one hell of a way from where I am, but it should be ok with a stopover in Dubai.  I'm now starting to research, even though it's a year away.

I would suggest that you fly straight from Australia to South America. I have friends that did this to Argentina and once they did that, they would spend a few days (great city) and then go to Porto Alegre in Brazil and then the flights are all cheap through Brazil. Plus, PA is a great city with one of the best saunas in the country. Only good on weekends.

You have outdone yourself with photos on this city even if you did skimp on Sauna Boys. Need to find beautiful Brazilian Boy who speaks English that can visit all the cities with us and likes to party with the boys.  That is your task for the rest of the trip now that you are feeling better.

LOL I'll work on it. I had one a few years back but he is not in Europe and no desire to live in Brazil again.

I left Fortaleza today and headed to Rio.

I met a few Americans on the plane today and they were telling me they were going to 8 cities in Brazil on an air pass that was less than 100 per ticket. They had been to 4 places and were now going to more. They gave me the info and it is here in case others are interested as I paid about 4x what they paid per flight as they booked the special air pass:

http://www.voegol.com.br/en-us/agencias/Paginas/airpasses.aspx

Rio is one of the cities in the world that is near and dear to my heart. Many years ago, when my friend Hooboy invited me to Brazil, it was Rio and Sao Paulo that we spent time in. He liked Sao Paulo more and I liked Rio more. But, this was the first trip I had even take with my BF about 10 years ago when I decided to leave NYC.

Rio has had a special place in my heart ever since and I have been here at least 20 times in the last 10 years. For all but 3 of those trips, I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Sao Conrado Beach. My friends always made fun of me as that hotel is a good ways from all the action and more of a resort than a place for short times. But, I loved it and they treated me well at the hotel. The hotel changed hands over a year ago and they are no longer an Intercon property. As I didn't have status at the new hotel, I decided to stay at the JW Marriott in Copacabana. It is much more convenient to the gay area and it is actually within walking distance of 2 of the saunas. Still, I prefer Meio Mundo Sauna and Club 117 and both are either a subway ride or taxi ride away from this area. But, both are much more to my liking than Point 202.

I missed my friend Tomcal in Porto Alegre as I was sick and could not fly down to meet him. We arranged to meet at Meio Mundo.

Meio Mundo is THE place to be on Monday's in Rio. My personal favorite sauna, Club 117, is closed on Monday and thus all the clients and boys flock to Meio Mundo. Tonight it was rainy and I thought there would be few boys there. WRONG. There were at least 90 boys there tonight and tons of younger twink looking boys.

When I got there, I saw Tom and yelled his name. He didn't hear me as he had a swarm of guys, all over him. For those of you that don't know Tomcal, he is a very frequent traveler to Rio and all the boys know and love him. Well, this is obvious if you sit at a table with him for 5 min as every boy in the place seems to know him and adore him. That is good for me as Brazilian boys always say hi to everyone at the table with a kiss. I got tons of sweet, wet kisses from hot boys I never met before. That was a great start to the evening. :) LOL

I found one guy I really liked who was from Rio and Sao Paulo. He was a sweet, light skinned black kid who is 22 years old, speaks decent English and is moving to Germany next month to work in a sauna there. I thought he was cute but I didn't realize how incredible sexy he was. He has one of the hottest asses I have ever seen. It is a full Brazil bubble butt if I have ever seen one. He also had a nice big dick. But, I was also talking to another 18 year old twin that was cute and I wanted him as well so I took the both.

Man, these two were great together. They were really into everything and more sexual than most people I have seen in the saunas. The cute 22 year old loved everything and is obvious he is gay. He said that he lived with 6 other guys for 7 years as a group love nest. They were all BF's together and it sounded like he learned to perfect his skills that way. He also said that his grandfather was from Thailand. Perhaps that is what attracted me to him to begin with.

I didn't have my camera but I asked Tom if he would take a photo of him for him. Thanks Tomcal!

I had a great time with the boys and at the sauna. Afterwards, Tomcal and I went to eat in near the Hippy Market area in Ipanema Beach. We choose a Tex Mex place and I got to hotel after midnight.

I woke up this AM and had breakfast in the VIP lounge for free. I love free food. ;)

So, 8 nights in Rio and I am excited.

photo.JPG

Had a nice day in Rio but it was wet and rainy the past few days and not supposed to clear up till Friday.

We went to Club 117 today as today is their free Cabine (room) day. That means the boys and customers are packed in. Tuesday is always best at 117. We got there around 5PM to beat the rush and there were few customers there. There were several boys there and they keep coming in faster as the night went on.

Club 117 is fresh and keeps getting updates, paint jobs, etc. The back bar area (outside area) is where I like to sit as there is more light in there and you can see really well.

I met one guy I really like who is 18 and very sweet. He is also very very dark and new to the scene. I was going to go with him to a room but my friend Tom was wanting to move on and I was happy to test this guy another day. As we were leaving, one of my all time favorite guys walked in. I had not seen him in 7 years. He had lived with me at my hotel for months at a time in years gone by. He was an adorable tall blond twink surfer boy. He is now near 30 and not a twink anymore but he is still handsome. I told him I'd look for him the next day.

We went to Point 202 and the place was pretty quite when we were there. There was no one really my type and I regretted not taking Marco from 117 so I left my friend Tom alone in the trongs of a few boys and headed back to Club 117. I got there but I never found my friend. The bar was packed and I did have to pay another 45R to enter but it was worth it to see if my friend was still there. I did see other boys I liked but I had my hopes up on one of my all time favorites. So, I'll try again another day.

Marco.jpg

I have not done much the past few days expect go to the saunas and hang out with friends. Not much to report until today.

My friend tomcal and I met another friend IHPGUY for lunch. We went to The Siqeura Grill which is one of the por kilo places. The food was excellent and the price was decent as well. It is right off the beach and on the same street at Point 202.

Ihpguy then took me on a tour of the city which was fascinating. We saw the Quartel Geral do Corpo de Bombeiros. The Fire Brigade of the State of Rio de Janeiro is where the firemen train and it also houses their museum. The museum was open air and quite interesting.

Across the street from this was the Praça da República or the Republic Park. This is an area famous for their large rodents (not rats but huge) and also for their gay hookers. The guys sit in the benches and wait for you to approach them. There were tons of them in the park and we chatted with several of them. They gave a price of 30R for a programma and they said they could do everything. There were several that were very cute. If you speak the language, it will be much easier for you. My friend does speak fluent Portuguese and was willing to chat and interpret things for me which is a big help. I wasn't interested in taking anyone from there but it was great to see working boys outside of the saunas and that they are very easy to approach.

We then walked to the "hanging gardens" area and then passed by the new Museum and the famous Cathedral in Centro Candelária Church.

All in all, it was an amazing day and ihpguy was a fabulous guide and so kind to give me great information about the city and the area. He really is filled with great tidbits of info on EVERYTHING Rio and it was so much fun to learn more about a city I love!

Once at the Sauna, Muio Mundo, I knew that Friday night was busy there but I was waiting for my overnight guy Marco and was not going to do with anyone.

Until, one guy who I thought was adorable sat down with me and we had an enlightening conversation about how much he loved me. :) So, I took him and 2 other guys up for a 4 way. It was delightful and fun and each guy took turns with the other guys and me. Great sex from all of them. (Yes Firecat, I took a photo)

I was finished for the night until a nice Italian looking guy sat down and started to massage me. He said he was a great massagista and great at sex. I said OK and took him up to the room for the massage. He was great with the massage but then he turned it into a full blown sexcapes. Fantastic and I would recommend him to anyone who wants a "masculine" man.

My date Marco showed up and we chatted for a while before he drove me and tomcal back to our area.

A fun night with good friends and sexy boys. You can't ask for much more than that!

Centro_Rio_1.jpg

Centro_Rio_2.jpg

Centro_Rio_3.jpg

Centro_Rio_4.jpg

Centro_Rio_5.jpg

Centro_Rio_6.jpg

Centro_Rio_7.jpg

Centro_Rio_8.jpg

Centro_Rio_9.jpg

Centro_Rio_10.jpg

Centro_Rio_14.jpg

Centro_Rio_15.jpg

Centro_Rio_16.jpg

Centro_Rio_17.jpg

Hi Micheal,

I'm enjoying reading your reports, you've the stamina of a 20 year old it seems !! Lucky you ! :-)

One question if I may - and I've asked this before elsewhere but never really received a sensible answer), when you decide to take a working boy ( or three in your case lol) whilst in the sauna how does that work payment wise ?

I mean I'm assuming you ( and they) are mainly in just a towel or naked so do you work "on account" or is it strictly proforma payments only lol with a trip to your locker ( accompanied by them?) before you go into the private room or do they accompany you as you're leaving to enable you to settle up ( he there must be one hell of a queue following you some nights if that's the case :-))

Although I noticed you mentioned about not particularily wanting to leave your wallet in one place that looked a bit dodgy so does that imply one might take a small bag with some cash etc around with you in some places.

Also again just for general info do all the saunas there tend to be "safe" with any amount of confirms and lube freely available in each cubicle or is it like the crazy system in Babylon Bkk etc where after using your two supplied confirms and one lube you have to traipse all the down to reception to ask for more - which in your case must be VERY tiring and cause sore legs with so many journeys being required in each trip !! :-)

NIrishGuy,

The saunas in both Sao Paulo and Rio, I leave my money in and no issue there. They are always near the front desk and guarded. However, everyone does a bit differently as do I from time to time. Sometimes if I want a sauna or a shower, I'll get into a towel and roam around for the evening. I do this more in Porto Alegre than the other places as the sauna there has a great steam room and very healthy for me. I also do this in Club 117 quite a bit. When I do have a towel on, the guy will usually go to the locker area with me after the programma and wait for his money.

In most places, I'll keep my clothes on and after the programma, I'll pay him in the room. I see this done often but for the most part, most of the clients are in towels. I never know if I am going to stay in one place or go to the next place and prefer to keep my clothes on. Once the programma is over, I then pay the boys. But, I think most clients pay from the locker room area.

In Meio Mundo which has been my favorite this trip, they don't have as good of facilities as the other saunas and I can't think of one time I have been in a towel in the "gathering" rooms of the club. I usually keep my clothes on there. I have also known the owner for many years and he always sits at the table with me and chats for a while. Last night, his BF and he joined us for an hour. I had considered going into business with him many years back and didn't. However, it would be been a great deal for me as he now runs the most successful sauna in Rio.

As for the condoms and lube, they are given to you if you want them when you book a room. You can take as much as you want, but you pay for them in most places. I have not seen a bill for them at Meio Mundo but I know the owner also gives me free access at times so I don't pay close attention to the bill there. Last night, my bill was 280R. But, that was my entrance 40R, my overnight guys entrance as he does not work at this sauna another 40R and 2 different rooms at different times and about 15 drinks for the boys. We were there for about 4-5 hours and I drank a lot and all the boys drank a lot as well. Drinks are from 6-10R and at one point there were about 10 of us at the table. So, the price adds up.

For condom and lube, I also carry my own from time to time. That is OK as well. I like Eros lube and they don't have that in the saunas. They have the little packets of some lube. So, I'll take my own in a little bag as when I shower, I also like to have my own shampoo and body wash. :)

I have never had a problem in any sauna in Brazil with the boys. For them to work at the sauna, they must be 18 or over and they have an ID on file with the club. Thus, when you take boys from there, they have a way to get in contact with them should an incident ever occur.

Lastly, the one place in Salvador that I didn't want to leave my pants was very odd. It was not a sauna. It was a whorehouse. They told me this up front. If there had been other clients there or more boys, I would have been OK leaving my shorts inside. But, I just got an odd feel about the place and I have tons of friends who love Salvador but never venture to that place. It was not in a nice area and I didn't feel secure with my things in the locker. That is not normally the case in the saunas.

I hope this answers any questions. If more, please ask and I'll try to tell you my experience here.

Guest fountainhall

I have loved all the descriptions, but it does seem strange to be in a sauna and have one's clothes on. I always though the point was to get out of them as quickly as possible! Is there anywhere other than Brazil where it's acceptable to wander around saunas fully clothed? Or is "sauna" perhaps not the right word in the Brazil context?

:) Well, the word is sauna but there are many places to gather in the sauna. Most clients will wait in a bar area. There are chairs and waiters and food, etc. It is like sitting at Dick's Cafe watching the boys go by but they are all in towels. Most of the saunas also have dark rooms, saunas, showers, etc.

Tonight, inside the sauna, there is a big drag show on the stage with gogo boys, etc. It is really hard to describe except that you will feel comfortable in a towel or in street clothes.

Last night, there was also a drag show and there were about 10 TS that came in in full attire. They were part of the late night group as after 9PM, they have shows and dancing.

It is a sauna but it is also a place to sit and chill. Many order food while they are there and drink lots of booze all night and not even go with the boys. Some will come only for a quick programma. and, you will find everything in between.

Does this make sense?

It does indeed - now one more question - programma ?? ( I'm guessing you mean a hot sex session with one or more of the guys) yes ?

Yes, it is the term for short time for sex that is paid.

You can even ask a waiter in a regular bar and they understand the word and often are willing to go with you. Sex is very liberal in Brazil and the Club 117 Sauna is next door to a Catholic school. They don't have hang ups about sex or prostitution here. Prostitution is legal as long as between 2 people and a pimp is not involved.

Guest anonone

Michael.

Just a quick word of thanks for taking the time to post all of this.  I am becoming very intrigued with Brazil now.  Might be a good place to get away for a long weekend from the US.  Much shorter flight time than Thailand, and your descripitions of the "Saunas" are very complelling.  I also took a look at your friend's posts on toyboy.com

When you have a moment, what would be your recommendations for a first timer visit?  What city would be the best to visit?  What sauna(s) would be the best to start off with?  Any specific tip that would make the trip a better experience? 

I know you mentioned that not speaking the language was an issue in some areas.  Are some places better for English speakers?

Just some basic info like that would be great to help me figure out how to put this together....

Michael.

Just a quick word of thanks for taking the time to post all of this.  I am becoming very intrigued with Brazil now.  Might be a good place to get away for a long weekend from the US.  Much shorter flight time than Thailand, and your descripitions of the "Saunas" are very complelling.  I also took a look at your friend's posts on toyboy.com

When you have a moment, what would be your recommendations for a first timer visit?  What city would be the best to visit?  What sauna(s) would be the best to start off with?  Any specific tip that would make the trip a better experience? 

I know you mentioned that not speaking the language was an issue in some areas.  Are some places better for English speakers?

Just some basic info like that would be great to help me figure out how to put this together....

So glad you are enjoying the posts and are intrigued by Brazil.

If you have never been to Brazil I have to ask a question. Is you desire to mostly visit the saunas or is it to see and do other things as well? How much culture do you want on your visit?

If you want to see really amazing sites, Rio is the city. There are so many things to see and do around the city that will keep you a full schedule. If you prefer the beaches, I'd recommend a few other cites as well.

If you want the best sauna experience, I would say you must go to Porto Alegre on a weekend. It is fabulous but not M-T. The sauna there is Thermas Mezzaninu | Rua São Salvador 108 | 51 32737776 | http://www.mezzaninu.net/

Where the boys are beautiful, beautiful boys, every color of the rainbow. The big scene here is the bar area, which I comfortable and big enough that some serious scoping and flirting can happen. The video room isn't the most comfortable but who's here to watch a movie? Decent theme parties as well. This sauna with all the sexy twinky moneyboys has become a favorite of so many. The place is well decorated, clean and very comfortable to spend the afternoon and evening.

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13415-porto-alegre-gay-listings/

I would stay F-M there and then Monday - a week or so in Rio. For Rio, there are sauna specials each day so you need to check to see which ones are busy and which ones are not. Ex: Club 117 is closed on Mondays and better not to waste time there.

Rio's beaches are amazing and I spent the day with my Brazil overnight guy today and we had a great time. With Ipanema Beach, gay area, you must be careful with ID's as many under 18 will be there and try to get you to take them as they can't get into the saunas. It is not something anyone should ever do in Brazil as legal age is 18 for all.

If I would doing a trip, I would fly into Porto Alegre and then Rio. I might even hire a boy to stay with me day and night that speaks the language and that you enjoy. Offer him 250 R (125 USD) per day and he will be thrilled and he will take great care of you. It will also help you find everything you want to see much easier.

I would be sure to see some of the sights of the area if you are in Rio as there are many day trips you should do.

If you are only coming down for a quick trip, Porto Alegre and Rio are great. If you have more time to spend, try other cities as well.

Let me know what you like to do and I'll try to be a bit more specific. Also, I would advise you to ask the question on Boytoy as there are so many there do that quick trips to Rio 10 times a year from USA and I have friends that do this 2 weekends every month. I can't travel that much, but they do it often.

Hope this helps.