Guest SIFTR

Surfcrest has taken over Sawatdee Gay Thailand

Guest SIFTR

The new owner of the oldest Thailand message board has taken over the controls. Lets just hope he can control the mass of hydras on the site.

Guest fountainhall

Having resigned from that site, I have no interest in its future. But I would respectfully suggest to the new owner that if he intends to develop the site, he has to do something about the difficulty of access from much of the Bangkok area - and maybe also other parts of Thailand. It was a hassle always having to go through proxies. To then be blatantly accused in disgraceful terms by the previous owner of being a hydra, for absolutely no reason, was the last straw. I will not return.

Guest scottishguy

Surfcrest taking over is extremely welcome and his opening remarks are right on the button.

However, until the person identified by Founty gives up all Admin/Moderating responsibility (which appears not to be the case at present), there remains a barrier to many members and ex-members returning.

If Surfcrest is smart (and I think he is) he will resolve that situation ASAP.

And who could all those hydras be, I wonder?!

Pretty obvious.

He thinks we are all as stupid as he is.

And yes, Scotty, I also hope Surfcrest resolves that situation.  For christ's sake, just get rid of him. His time is well and truly over.

haha...you're right.  I'm not.  Although when I look at the posters - latin and Lonely - it's hardly upsetting! One is a liar and the other illiterate.

But then, I know a side of Neal that others have yet to see.  That's why they are so supportive of him.

If only they knew! They'd be saying "good riddance" rather than wishing him well.

As I've said before, this forum has a completely different tone and is much more relaxed. And posters seem more respectful of those with differing views.

Speaking of forums, hey Nirishguy, is that you on the Bitchboard??

Hmmm someone else messaged me about that too - and no I can ASSURE you that that is most definitely NOT me but I've no doubt based on the date of the registration and a terse conversation I had with the person concerned that day who it IS / was, some people must have nothing better to do with their time. 

I'm also assuming (as he has already publicy stated) that the Scotty Guy isn't Scots guy etc and nor is Lazy Joe or whatever name was used for Joe him either - still it's nice to see that they were kind / lazy enough to give Joe and I the same birthday it seems, we'll have to be sure to meet up in Pattaya Joe and have a big joint birthday party on that date now Joe :-) 

So, to clarify and "for the record"  - no that is NOT me as unlike some people I have and use ONE profile name and I use it on all / any boards I'm on ( and I'm not a member of the BB) as I've better things to do than waste my time snipping and making silly, childish comments for the sake of it on random posts from other boards as I just don't see what purpose it serves.

But hey if someone's having fun doing that and gets a kick out of it - good luck to them - "whatever" - lifes to short to worry about such things as far as I'm concerned - but really, get a life perhaps.......

Guest joe552

I haven't seen that other site and won't be going looking for it, but if it means NIrish Guy is buying drinks for my birthday, long may it continue, I say (it's January, btw,but feel free to buy the drinks anytime that suits)

Ha January - me too !  So not aprils fools day as quoted on there then :-)  Even better, perhaps we'll get that party after all then - but I think seeing as how it's our Birthday that several other board members should attend to buy the drink as there's bound to be SOME rule stopping us having to get a round in on our own Birthdays SURELY ! :-)

Guest scottishguy

Just for clarity - I pointed out some weeks ago on this board that PBB "Scotty Guy" wasn't me.

These hoax IDs are obviously the work of a warped individual - but quite a devious one too as he took the trouble to copy my "birthday" from THIS board (the only place it has ever appeared). He couldn't do that for NIrish because NIrish has not stated a birthday on this board - hence April 1st. Likewise with Joe.

One thing is for sure - whoever is responsible it's certainly not the recently deceased LMTU who was publicly blamed  for all of PBB's output and who (given that PBB still has new content almost daily) must now be posting from beyond the grave.

All the hydras, all the deceit, and all the intrigue - a real witches' brew and no mistake!! 

Guest scottishguy

Without getting into personalities - who in their right mind buys a house and then allows the former occupant to not only share the bed but hog 99% of it?

Without getting into personalities - who in their right mind buys a house and then allows the former occupant to not only share the bed but hog 99% of it?

Well, when one buys a board the owner does not try to push out an active poster even if he was the past owner. Message boards exist for all to enjoy. I am sure the new owner will do a great job there but the past owners all seem to participate there don't they? That is a good thing IMHO but I am a bit prejudiced in this matter. :)

Guest Kittyboy

I am a recent transplant from sgt. Some of you may recognize my ID name.

I met the previous owner of sgt a couple of time and had pleasant conversations. I suspect that his declining physical,health affected his emotional and mental outlook and IMHO led to some erratic behavior which alienated quite a few posters who eventually left for this board,

I wish the new owner of sgt good luck but I already find myself logging onto this board instead of sgt when I need my Thailand fix.

I still belong to sgt but my new habit of visiting gaythailand may be hard to break.

Michael wrote: "I am sure the new owner will do a great job there but the past owners all seem to participate there don't they?"

No, not at all.

I owned Sawatdee for 5 years but stopped posting there while Neal pretty well degraded the place beyond recognition. Elephant spike owned it for a further 6 years and since he sold it to Neal has not made a post ... and that has continued over the last week since Surfcrest took over. I have made 2 short posts there in the last few days, one of them being a one-liner congratulating Surfcrest for his new venture in Boardie Land.

Guest scottishguy

Well, when one buys a board the owner does not try to push out an active poster even if he was the past owner.... :)   I am a bit prejudiced in this matter.

Michael, there is no valid comparison between your conduct and contribution as an ex-owner, and the daily acrimony and custard-pie throwing over on the other board .

Guest Garrison

If an ex-owner of a board decides to continue posting under an old or new name and do so within the rules and regulations then good for him. Why not?

We will all never agree or get along (thank goodness) and when we do all get along or agree that is not to say the quality of the posts are any better either.

We have a wonderful Board here, therefore I prefer my energies be used to make this one even better and leave the other boards to the parties so responsible.

Guest scottishguy

I am a recent transplant .....

Kittyboy I forgot to welcome you - very remiss of me.

WELCOME!!

:jig:

he is watching

I don't think that is a bad thing. Welcome.

Smiles, I am sorry if I had my facts wrong about you posting there when Neal ran the site. I honestly thought you posted there but I don't check the boards that often and never keep up with the ins and outs of other boards. I thought you posted on all the boards but maybe I just got your screen name confused with all the smilie faces on all the sites.

:yahoo::p:good::spiteful::goodjob:

Guest scottishguy

Welcome, Tool1 - that's some ID you have chosen LOL.

Maybe you could PM me and tell me who you really are, just out of curiosity.

Naturally it would go no further, but if you don't want to, thats cool. 

Guest lonelywombat

Although when I look at the posters - latin and Lonely - it's hardly upsetting! One is a liar and the other illiterate.

Obviously a447a has a high standard to post to any forum or indeed particularly ,the gay thailand forums.

Unfortunately not all went to school like you,became school teachers,did a degree or more. Many of us worked hard to give you an education.

Maybe a447a will be proposing a list of requirements for those allowed to post to his new adopted forum.

He might be the only one that will qualify up to his standard.

It's just that some of your posts are impossible to understand.

You did not work hard to educate me, I can assure you.

I was educated in a non-English speaking environment, so please don't think you've paid for any of my education. My parents paid.

Oh, and I also worked hard.  Very hard. And I am now enjoying the fruits of that hard work, something I would not begrudge anyone, no matter on which board they choose to post.