Travellerdave

Dongtan Gay Beach

I'm due in Pattaya mid January for a month and am looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with Thai boys and the gay scene in general.

I'm a regular on the Dongtan Beach usually from about 2 pm onwards generally seated in the Rit concession enjoying the sun and sea air. I like reading my Kindle, having a small meal and chatting to acquaintances. But especially I love looking at and flirting with the boys and on occasions taking them back to my hotel.

Anyone tell me how things are on the beach and what's the weather like ? Do boys still come in the afternoons ?.

You can always make connections at the beach. There are just fewer boys, especially the way this high season is starting out. Bring your smartphone or laptop and you can kick back and make your date's online. The weather has been great, no rain, the weather at the beach today is 35 at noon.

Thanks Guys

Yes I remember the reduced number of boys being the situation during my last trip in September. Of course the explanation is Gayromeo.

I think most of the beach concessions have wifi now so indeed that's an option, as is inviting a suitable "boyfriend du jour" to accompany me, although sometimes an exciting boy in bed turns out to be rather a bore on the beach. I prefer my IPad to the iPhone for this purpose - better for pictures and I have my books on it as well as on my Kindle.

Another pleasant way of finishing a few hours on the beach is a massage in the complex before heading back to my hotel in Pattaya.

Love the sound of the weather ! - it's cold 5 deg and raining a lot here in England plus gales.

Guest Guideneeded

is this the male equivalent of camel toe? 

bkkguy

Having never been to the gay beach in Jomtien, can someone tell me the best place on it to sit? Is it like a meat market?

What time do you suggest getting there? Any other info would be gratefully received.

Hi Giudeneeded

The Dongtan Beach is certainly not a meat market now if it ever was one.

To find it you turn right at the police station onto the pedestrian walk-way past the motor bike and car parking. After about 300 yards you will see on your left a toilet block with an old fat lady sat outside. Do not enter unless it is a case of dire necessity !.

From there the beach is divided into sections or concessions providing chairs, shade and a food / beverage service. What is regarded as the Gay Beach are about 8 of these sections stretching maybe 200 yards. Most of the customers comprise older gay farang men who sit chatting, sleeping and reading, although increasingly the area is being encroached by women and families, often Russian.

Some of the men have their young Thai boyfriends with them.

A few Thai boys turn up in the late afternoon and attract attention from the farangs. This is a lot less common than a few years ago as a result of Gayromeo.

The "fat lady" has been ill and one of the former waiters from Rit's Chairs has been tending to the toilet.  The public toilet on your left and Tui's Place will be on your right - this is the start of the "gay beach."  Green chairs, yellow chairs, red chairs are the popular spots.

They start setting up the chairs very early and things are usually 100% ready to go at 8am.  I like to get there early and usually arrive by 8:30am.  I like to go early because it is calm and quiet.  All the regulars show up later and it gets loud and less pleasant to me.   They usually start breaking things down around 4-5pm, and it is all usually shut down by 6pm or so. However, they normally stay open as long as they have customers.   

Full drink and food service is available at the chairs.  Many vendors walk by also selling food and other items.

Regular sized chair is 30 baht to rent all day.  

Most chairs now offer free WiFi.

I did not sit there as sworn beach hater but tried their food offerings and everything was cheap and delicious.

It's easy to find - Tui's place on your right and you will see rainbow flags.

On your way back stop at Derby massage close to Jomtien Complex and have massage with Wat, almost 40 with body of 22 

Hi guys

Update on Dongtan Beach. I paid a visit this afternoon after a couple of hours in Tonys Gym 3rd Road.

I'm on a weight reduction schedule involving only two low calorie meals per day and a restriction in beer intake plus excercise.

I arrived about 2.30 and sat in the Rit concession quite close to the toilets where indeed the Fat Lady was no where to be seen.

It was very busy and I had to sit near the back rather than close to the sea, which is my preferred location.

The weather was rather cool with a breeze, making a resemblance to a good English summer's day.

I was initially given a wrong user name for the wifi but than was sorted house, although the wifi strength is weak if many customers are logged on, which appeared to be the case. I was able eventually to download The Times, but later it was difficult to get onto Planet Romeo due to the signal.

I enjoyed a couple of hours on the beach although there was a marked lack of eye candy.

To return to Pattaya i found a lot of Russians at the 7-11 and the baht buses were passing full having got a full load further up the beach. I hate waiting so I set off at a slow jog intending to keep going till Pats. However at the top of the hill one stopped to let a couple off so I jumped on squeezing between the Russians, so only a couple of Kms jogging.

So my trip has got off to a good start.

Guest Guideneeded

Hi Giudeneeded

The Dongtan Beach is certainly not a meat market now if it ever was one.

To find it you turn right at the police station onto the pedestrian walk-way past the motor bike and car parking. After about 300 yards you will see on your left a toilet block with an old fat lady sat outside. Do not enter unless it is a case of dire necessity !.

From there the beach is divided into sections or concessions providing chairs, shade and a food / beverage service. What is regarded as the Gay Beach are about 8 of these sections stretching maybe 200 yards. Most of the customers comprise older gay farang men who sit chatting, sleeping and reading, although increasingly the area is being encroached by women and families, often Russian.

Some of the men have their young Thai boyfriends with them.

A few Thai boys turn up in the late afternoon and attract attention from the farangs. This is a lot less common than a few years ago as a result of Gayromeo.

Travellerdave. Thanks for the info. Not sure I'm happy about the women and families being there. I always find it a bit weird when half a dozen girls turn up in a bar in boyztow. What's that all about?

I'll go to Dongtan in a week or so when I arrive and take a look. Cheers again.

I'm on a weight reduction schedule involving only two low calorie meals per day and a restriction in beer intake plus excercise.

I arrived about 2.30 and sat in the Rit concession 

Dave, I'm not sure sitting half day on the beach will help your weight reduction regime but walk to / from say, Boyztown certainly would. Just don't stop at 7/11 for beer or ice cream on your way

I always find it a bit weird when half a dozen girls turn up in a bar in boyztow. What's that all about?

At times we are in direct competition with girls for the same boys in bar and it needs to be said often we are on losing side.

If we like our boys why girls shouldn't?

On few occasion I chatted with them and found them very open minded, one at X-boys even went as far as telling me she liked my choice of boy I had with me there / Dit form Arena /, we both were happy. Watching  them reacting to boys advances is very entertaining but I understand some of us  may not be comfortable  with females in attendance of gay bar.

I should have mentioned that as I was jogging towards Pattaya I had it in mind to visit the Samsuk Sauna enroute, but I got on the baht bus instead. Maybe I will go this evening to try to find some action in the cruising area.

Yes I resent the inclusion of females onto the gay beach, however it doesn't matter so much now due to the absence of boys there. A few years ago there was always plenty wanting to hook up. I had a few beautiful experiences flirting, cuddling and playing in the water. Gayromeo is definitely to blame. I've been looking there but not yet made contact.

Females have always been part of the Dongtan scene in high season. Many older gay men bring their sisters, fag hags

friends, ex-wives, even adult children. Many women feel more comfortable around gay men, especially topless or

in string bikinis. Lesbians also more comfortable among gay men then straights.

It's no more a gay beach than the boy bars are gay bars.

We call them gay but reality is anyone and everyone with baht is more than welcome.

The boy bars are not ours and not gay bars. Granted the customer base is older gay men but none turn women away.

Only saunas are male only .

Guest abang1961

It looks like I will have to take the trip to Pattaya upon landing at the airport.

The bomb blast yesterday was a clear indication that the uncertainty in Bangkok is expanding.

Yes I will be at Dongtan beach next Sunday to Tuesday.. come chat with me if you're there.

Thanks.

Guest SpermAholic

I am in love with that picture of the Thai by in his speedo. WOW what an ass !!!!   I would have taken him home and licked that all day and night.

I might take a stroll along the beach in my G-String later today.

post-14294-0-58609900-1390022613_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

Well if I am given a choice, I would rather be naked on the beach.. (so unThai, right?)

That's me ... in Middle Bay, Hong Kong..

Quite a view, right?post-13467-0-71547500-1390033388_thumb.jpg

Guest travelerjim

From the abang 1961 photo he has posted...

he surely will be a welcomed breeze of fresh air to Pattaya's Dongtan Beach crowd...

Thai boys will swarm the beach if they know he is in town :p

Have fun...

tj

Guest SpermAholic

Well if I am given a choice, I would rather be naked on the beach.. (so unThai, right?)

That's me ... in Middle Bay, Hong Kong..

Quite a view, right?attachicon.gifMiddle Bay-Hong Kong.JPG

WOWWWW   I LOVE that view so much. The surrounding area looks ok too. Yes no public nudity in Thailand unfortunately. Cant wait to taste that VIEW !!!