Travellerdave

Dongtan Gay Beach

I was next in line at a Starbucks with my indecisive Thai friend who was taking his usual long time to decide on a drink. A Russian couple literally shoved him aside and started to order. All this while the customer before us was still paying.

P.S. I did also enjoy the view of several younger Russian boys on the beach :)

All the more reason not to go to Starbucks! It drives me crazy when someone drones on a on with their order and all I want is a cup of coffee; guess i would pull a "Russian" on them also. :abe:

Same as you Tball I do enjoy  the view of the younger Russian lads whom I have encountered.

Guest Guideneeded

Just to add my two penny's worth... I got on a baht bus yesterday, where a portly Russian couple were sitting at the entrance with the legs stretched out, almost underneath the opposite seats. As I got on, they made no attempt to move their legs and it was like an assault course trying to get on. (And they had the audacity to 'tut'!)

...and why is it they like to walk topless, even at night, with shorts 5 sizes too small, drinking from a large bottle of beer?

I also noted whilst in the Hopf restuarant on Beach Road, that they came in to the bar area just before the Italian singer started, watched him perform, without buying a drink and then leaving.

Feel better now I got that off my chest!

Guest abang1961

Cheap skates are cheap skates.

I may be on a tight budget but watching a FREE show without buying a drink is a No-No.

The bar needs some revenue....

As I said, I was only at Dongtan Beach on Mon 27th Jan 2014 and it was not exactly a memorable event.

I noticed one stretch of the beach were filled with people on straw mats/ground sheets.  

Sometimes I wonder why these people are on vacation if they need to pinch every penny? 

For those who had been following my earlier post (that one with a view), I did managed to catch a tan in Hong Kong during the Lunar New Year weekend.  The weather was unpredictably hot..and so was I.  cant show a photo here because it is X-rated...

Guest Guideneeded

I went to Dongtam today at lunchtime. Still quiet, no boys, no eye candy. Was there for 3 hours....I've now got some serious white bits!

The weather is fab here at the moment. The wind was just enough to be cooling, but boy did it make the waves big.

....I've just realised how boring I sound. Best I write some more 'appropriate' posts for the forum!

Feel better now I got that off my chest!

I've spotted all those 3 examples of bad behaviour too.  

Plus the queue jumping, wandering off to get something else when the cashier is serving them & noisy drunken inconsiderate behaviour on the beach.

I'm damn sure many Russians know how to behave, but unfortunately quite a few of those who go to Thailand are truly ignorant.

Guest Guideneeded

I have discover that they can get a flight from Russia into Utapao and two weeks accommodation for the equivalent of US$500.

I popped into Serena Bar next to Panorama bar last night at 1am. It was mobbed with Russian heterosexual couples, flooding out onto the street.

Guest Guideneeded

Guideneeded

Yep you got me there. I was able to edit this guy out and replaced him by sand. He was wandering about looking for a 10 baht chair and a 50 baht massage.

That's a pic of me! 10 baht chair...how extravagant. If the Russians can use a straw mat, then I surely can too!

It's Budha day today, so no alcohol....I did hear that Panorama Bar will serve a Gin and Tonic in a coffee mug however!

Guest abang1961

Well today is Feb 14 and since I am dateless.. (so sad).. 

I am going to advertise myself with a photo taken 24 hours ago at a local beach in Singapore.

How I wish I could do this in Dongtan...and give the boys a run for their money.. ha ha

And mind you, this is not photo-shopped.. and enjoy the view..

post-13467-0-32905200-1392354453_thumb.jpg

Very nice Abang - I would love to join you on that beach wearing one of my thongs. I have several from when I used to holiday in Gran Canaria at the gay resort of Playa del Ingles. Mind you they often came off particularly in the dunes behind the beach.

I took them to Pattaya on my first visit intending to wear them at Dongtan, but I discovered the dress code there to be rather more modest !.

Guest abang1961

Well dear, 

As they said, "If you got it, you gonna flaunt it"... 

Thank you for liking the looks and mind you, I am 53 in 2 month's time and before gravity takes over, I better show what I've got...

The boys in Thailand are not known for exposing their body parts in public. Of course, they rather rest/sleep in the shade than to expose themselves in the sun.  The exact opposite for me.. However due to their conservative nature, I was MORE covered up during my recent visit to Dongtan.  Even though I was wrapped in a pair of speedoes, I felt naked in the presence of fully-clothed Thais.

It's true. After 50, aging seems to speed up especially in our faces and necks. Hair greys or whitens or falls out

and we have to deal with medical issues, especially if we abuse our bodies with excessive liquor, unhealthy diet

and smoking cigarettes/cigars.

Fortunately, you can't get too fat too bald or too old to turn off the bar boys as long as you held on to your money.

Abangs different than most of us as he is attracted to older white men but it must be difficult to compete with

Asians half one age. Many farangs, no matter how obese or ancient get very fussy here and turn down boys

for a few facial hairs, a couple of zits or an extra kilo or two, or skin a shade too dark or light.

Guest abang1961

Agreed... the companions in Thailand are more or less "better-looking" than me..

I always wonder why no one, none of the farangs there tried to open a special school to impart language skills to them.

If I do RETIRE and settle down later in my life, I would really want to set up a minimal fee language school for them.

In this age and time, they really need to UPGRADE themselves or face structural retrenchment...

They need to move towards providing more than just simple carnal companionship.

Isnt it high time to offer intellectual stimulation too?

I do RETIRE and settle down later in my life, I would really want to set up a minimal fee language school for them.

In this age and time, they really need to UPGRADE themselves or face structural retrenchment...

They need to move towards providing more than just simple carnal companionship.

Isnt it high time to offer intellectual stimulation too?

Better do market research in advance - not sure travelling through half of the world to get intellectual stimulation in Pattaya would attract many takers.

But idea of minimal fee language school is great as it's always nicer to chat a bit before those carnal thingies

Many farangs, no matter how obese or ancient get very fussy here and turn down boys

for a few facial hairs, a couple of zits or an extra kilo or two, or skin a shade too dark or light.

May be they think this is way to increase their own self esteem, create illusion of being in control