vinapu

Christmas v. low season

I did not want to derail anonone's thread but this is quotation from his recent post:

" I think I prefer low season overall. A much more relaxed pace suits me better"

I wonder if others present in Thailand right now share the same opinion.

What is your take about bars , massages, boys , transport,  shopping, restaurants and hotels at this time of year?

How you compare it to quieter months ?

Started thinking about vacation  plans for next year / where I'm now is still broad day  on Dec 31 st  2013/ and wonder if trip at this time  is worth the trouble and expense. Or may be there's no trouble.

Last time   I spent Christmas  in BKK  was 2002 and recall unsane  crowds on both Silom an Sukhumvit night markets and trouble with hotel reservation but this was long ago.

Any thoughts?

Happy New 2014 Year for everybody !!!

Guest abang1961

Happy 2014 to all forum users.

IMHO, there is NO low season for Bangkok.

There is always multitude of tourists/visitors/travellers there.

As I can recall, I did more Bangkok trips than to neighbouring Malaysia.

The logic is simple - cost and a sense of being in a foreign land.

With all due respect, Malaysia is (still) quite an interesting place to visit but because of its similarity with Singapore,

there isn't much to explore.  Conversely, Bangkok is different.  The road signs are semi-unpronounceable.  The food and the people are appealing, not to mention the night life!

Perhaps rain is the only deciding factor for Pattaya and Phuket.  The monsoon brings massive volume of rainfall at different times of the year to these places.  The tourists migrate to either places when the rain comes.   The convenience of arriving Pattaya within 2 hours from the airport makes it an ideal place to indulge in SINFUL pleasures.

I like Thailand as a whole, regardless of the location, the food, the people and the seasons!

There are pluses and minuses.  The weather is the best in high season (so called)  No rain, lower temps and humidity.  So far this trip it has been really beautiful. Actually cool at night and I have turned on A/C very seldom.

It is crowded in Pattaya but BKK was not busy and not sure if that was the demonstrations or not.  I notice little difference in the availability of boys and even though I find Pattaya crowded, I do not notice a big difference in Gay Visitors.

If you come short time over Xmas and New Years in Pattaya then Hotels will cost you more . For a 1 month visitor there is no difference.  Bangkok I do not think there are any great changes in Hotel Prices.

I notice no big difference in airfares unless you wait too long and then of course you may have to pay more.  Planning ahead usually results in better prices in many things.

1 The weather is always unpleasant back home at this time of year.

2 The weather in Thailand (Pattaya) is near perfect at this time of year.

3 Some of my friends visit at this time.

4 I have to take time off work, so it makes sense to use it.

5 Flying immediately before or after the christmas is expensive, but if the trip is lengthened to 4-5 weeks, cheaper air fares can be obtained.

Hence I come here at peak season every year.

Guest Guideneeded

I just got back from a thee week stay in Pattaya. It was really quiet in all the ago go bars. Sometimes I was the only customer there!

No longer need a guide, as my name suggests. My trip there was awesome....more stories than I could ever write in here. Going back in 3 weeks time!

Weather is fab this time of the year!

Guest Guideneeded

don't be stingy and post some of your stories on the forum

Happy New Year and happy return to LOS

Ok ok! Haaaa

One memory that'll stick with me forever, was going into a bar in Boyztown for the first time, so nervous, as I was the only guy in there and having the choice of as many as 50 fit guys. Blew my mind....

Spoilt for choice. All of them were hot and didn't know what to do. ...but don't worry, I got over it! Haaa

I think I prefer the high season, which I take to be Mid January to April. Christmas /New year is better described as Peak Season, and I have never been in Thailand at that time.

I like to avoid 4 weeks of the worst British weather in January/February and I used to do that in the years before I discovered Pattaya. I used to spend a few weeks in Playa del Ingles on the Island of Gran Canaria, with its gay beach and nightlife.

Ok hotels and air transport are more expensive than in low season. My air ticket for 15 January is £100 more and my hotel say 300 baht more per night. So for a 4 week stay I'm looking at maybe £268 or 15000 increase compared with my last visit in September.

Not a major factor for me. Of course the Uk Pound has recovered to 53 from 44 in Sept - a really welcome development.

I am a beach person and in low season there is a lot of rain so no beach for quite a few days.

I dislike going into a bar or gogo and finding nobody else there, which is more likely in low season,

I'm not really aware of any difference in what I pay to boys. And there is more of a selection in high season.

Anyway I will perhaps revise my opinion when I get to Pattaya. I anticipate filing a report !.

Guest Guideneeded

I think I prefer the high season, which I take to be Mid January to April. Christmas /New year is better described as Peak Season, and I have never been in Thailand at that time.

I like to avoid 4 weeks of the worst British weather in January/February and I used to do that in the years before I discovered Pattaya. I used to spend a few weeks in Playa del Ingles on the Island of Gran Canaria, with its gay beach and nightlife.

Ok hotels and air transport are more expensive than in low season. My air ticket for 15 January is £100 more and my hotel say 300 baht more per night. So for a 4 week stay I'm looking at maybe £268 or 15000 increase compared with my last visit in September.

Not a major factor for me. Of course the Uk Pound has recovered to 53 from 44 in Sept - a really welcome development.

I am a beach person and in low season there is a lot of rain so no beach for quite a few days.

I dislike going into a bar or gogo and finding nobody else there, which is more likely in low season,

I'm not really aware of any difference in what I pay to boys. And there is more of a selection in high season.

Anyway I will perhaps revise my opinion when I get to Pattaya. I anticipate filing a report !.

The baht is set to weeken considerably. I have heard through friends in Currency Trading that it may well go back to 60 baht to £1 before the end if the year!

Guest Guideneeded

We will gratefully accept more details??  LOL

How much details can I go into before my post gets censored and blocked??

I can tell you that when I got him back to my room he was all over me! It was like he hadn't had a session in months. We spent a good few hours doing stuff. I've never felt such a hard body in my life, his arse buns felt like they were made of steel. The most passionate kisser on top of all that too. Amazing......

The baht is set to weeken considerably. I have heard through friends in Currency Trading that it may well go back to 60 baht to £1 before the end if the year!

Predicting is very hard task , particularly predicting future. But I guess both UK nationals and Thai exporters wouldn't mind if that  materialized.

How much details can I go into before my post gets censored and blocked??

I can tell you that when I got him back to my room he was all over me! It was like he hadn't had a session in months. We spent a good few hours doing stuff. I've never felt such a hard body in my life, his arse buns felt like they were made of steel. The most passionate kisser on top of all that too. Amazing......

You getting better with reporting by the minute. What about name of bar and boy or his number  ? How much was off fee and drinks, mamasans pushy or absentminded, style of underwear uniform or free for all. 

We are not voyeurs so don't worry about part which could be censored and keep private private to extend you fee comfortable with but in order for forum to say alive we need stories and feedbacks. 

Guest Guideneeded

You getting better with reporting by the minute. What about name of bar and boy or his number  ? How much was off fee and drinks, mamasans pushy or absentminded, style of underwear uniform or free for all. 

We are not voyeurs so don't worry about part which could be censored and keep private private to extend you fee comfortable with but in order for forum to say alive we need stories and feedbacks.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

In all I went to the following places in Pattaya between 10th Dec and 20th Dec 2013:

A BOMB - 7/10 - some very fit guys here, although no customers

BOYS BOYS BOYS - 8/10 - great show, busy, although everyone disappeared when it finished.

WILD WEST BOYS - 5/10 - not my favourite bar, not as friendly as the others. Only guy in there again.

TOY BOYS - 9/10 - loads of young guys, I was the only guy in here as well and it felt everyone was looking at me. (Well they were!)

Bar fines (which I now learnt are called 'offs', haaa) ranged from 400 to 700 baht. This is loads cheaper than chicks in Walking Street.

I gather that anything between 1500 and 2000 baht is the going rate of tip after I dragged them back to my hotel. Right?

Bar must be ToyBoys as per earlier narrative but rest  of firecat;'s question is  still to be  answered.

Girly bars have ' bar fines' , boy bars have ' off fees', I believe it's how it works.

What Boyztown bar is charging 700 baht off fee?, never heard about such an extortion, it was 400 at A-Bomb in Nov.

Walking Street girl bars may be charging higher fees  because they are including girl's  minimum tip in the fee to avoid assholeship by some clients who  fuck and run. System not unknown to some male to male massage places as well  / Adonis when you take boy  out for long time is my example /

1500-2000 may be right if you dragged them to your hotel to compensate for pain and suffering while dragged but if they just walked with you  going rate in Pattaya seems to be 1000 for short time, 1500 for long time according to discussion we had here not long ago,

Boys may request more and certainly will not hurl back 500 baht at you if you pay them more than going out of good heart or simply because you were taken to a heaven by your boy.

This would be unfair though - you drag them to your room and they  still take you to a heaven.LOL 

Nice avatar giudeneeded, it this you or your guide you don't need anymore ? 

Back to the orinal question. I used to only go to Pattaya in high season but for the last 2 years have also visited in June/July.

I think I now prefer low for a number of reasons...

1. Not so crowded

2. The stunners are not offed so quickly

3. Easier and quicked getting fed in restaurants

4. No horrendous traffic problems (can get to Nab in far less than 1 hour which one poster mentioned)

5. Room rent cheaper

6. MORE boys available (per customer)

7. Slightly cheaper  airfares.

The wather doesnt worry me, in fct it hardly rained last year when I was there and I dont do the beach anyway. So overall I prefer it.

For xample tonite 2 January I had to visit 3 of my favourite resatauants before I could get a seat with a chance of getting fed in less than an hour! 

Guest xiandarkthorne

I haven't had the chance to visit Thailand in high season since 1998 but low season is much less frenetic, I find. Not to mention that the boys seem more eager to please, too. But really, one of these days I've really got to make the effort to come in high season, if only because I miss too many parties between June and September when I do manage to come nowadays.

Guest Guideneeded

Bar must be ToyBoys as per earlier narrative but rest  of firecat;'s question is  still to be  answered.

Girly bars have ' bar fines' , boy bars have ' off fees', I believe it's how it works.

What Boyztown bar is charging 700 baht off fee?, never heard about such an extortion, it was 400 at A-Bomb in Nov.

Walking Street girl bars may be charging higher fees  because they are including girl's  minimum tip in the fee to avoid assholeship by some clients who  fuck and run. System not unknown to some male to male massage places as well  / Adonis when you take boy  out for long time is my example /

1500-2000 may be right if you dragged them to your hotel to compensate for pain and suffering while dragged but if they just walked with you  going rate in Pattaya seems to be 1000 for short time, 1500 for long time according to discussion we had here not long ago,

Boys may request more and certainly will not hurl back 500 baht at you if you pay them more than going out of good heart or simply because you were taken to a heaven by your boy.

This would be unfair though - you drag them to your room and they  still take you to a heaven.LOL 

Nice avatar giudeneeded, it this you or your guide you don't need anymore ?

It was indeed Toyboys. Sorry for delay replying....

Don't remember his 'number', in fact didn't even look at his number, just his face and body.....(omg I can't get that fantastic image out of my mind of when he was in my shower. I'm in the gym a lot, but how they achieve such perfection physically is beyond me)

Thanks for the advice of 1000 for short time.

Avatar - No guide needed now....I went it alone and came back a different person. 22 days and I'm back there!

It was indeed Toyboys. Sorry for delay replying....

Don't remember his 'number', in fact didn't even look at his number, just his face and body.....(omg I can't get that fantastic image out of my mind of when he was in my shower. I'm in the gym a lot, but how they achieve such perfection physically is beyond me)

Thanks for the advice of 1000 for short time.

Avatar - No guide needed now....I went it alone and came back a different person. 22 days and I'm back there!

Was it Nid by a chance? A bit more built then other boys in ToyBoys? A bit cocky? Great body, great smile, but uneven teeth? Undressed as entered in your room?

Was it Nid by a chance? A bit more built then other boys in ToyBoys? A bit cocky? Great body, great smile, but uneven teeth? Undressed as entered in your room?

Is Nid the one who preens in the mirror and comes alive when a woman enters ToyBoy? Very cocky and full of himself?

I have found that the boys who strip down as they enter the room to be the ones who try to get you to come as quickly as

possible so they can go back to the bar for the next shot for an off. One boy with a great ass would insist I shower with him

and he would to chuck wow me in the shower and try get out in a very short time. It didn't work.

The same boys will be showering seconds after your release and dressed in no time. Fine, if it works for you but I have more

in mind thann a 10-15 minute encounter. These boys never want to stop to eat and just want to get back to your room

and out as soon as possible.

Funny thing, it is me who insists on showering together and some boys are not very fond of idea claiming they are shy.

For me this is an indication that things may not work well.

I agree about not wanting to eat being good indicator that things may be rushed. 

Only cure for those debacles  I found is to off for long time which I almost always do.. It brings own set of problems but at least is indication for boy that rushing things will not work.

Thing working well to prevent immediate  undressing is to compliment them that they look very sexy in their t-shirt, jeans or briefs. Always I tell them that it will be my pleasure to help them to undress and it is !

Thai boys like to be told they are beautiful so lie to your advantage even if thy are not  since this is nice lie with no harm done. 

Sometimes, the boys think long time means the moment the sun rises, they are finished and ready to leave. I have been too groggy to

argue and wonder if the lad slept at all or stayed up waiting for sunrise.

On the other extreme, are boys who sleep over and want to sleep far into the afternoon.

For an extreme farang example , take one American who insists he come 3 times in the boys ass (with condom) for full payment .

He's probably about 50 and doesn't care if the boy has a cock. He's disliked by the boys, fem and ladyboys and resorts

to the ladies on Walking Street when he can't find a boy to agree to his 3 ejaculations in their ass requirement. This farang is

usually bitter about the boys and feels a deal is a deal.

At least if he is well known to  his tricks they have ability to say no beforehand. and from your narrative looks it's often the case .

For long times I count my blessings as experience of rushed leave happened to me only once and even this was not exactly at sunrise. I take exception if boy warns in advance  that he must leave at certain time  because of work , I even set alarm clock for one in November two nights in row and found it funny, he still had breakfast with me though.

Granted , since I'm early riser those in rush to leave may have it easier with me

I'd love to have sleep  far in the afternoon extreme - you are luckier on this account, had only one who volunteered to stay till noon on his own.