brall3

BAR CHARGES

Guest FatRichard

I will not pay their prices But their Asian Customers think it is cheap.  In their home countries they pay that for drinks in most Bars with no boys and no show.

He knows his audience and is playing to it.

Yup, and Asian customers are only in Bangkok for 3-4 nights tops and have no qualms about spending 10,000 Baht per night.  Besides being free with their money, they're also very much from the "wham bam thank you ma'am school" which the boys like, compared to farangs who treat every off like a religious pilgrimage.

This past weekend I went to Dream Boy in BKK. The drink charge is now 400B, the off fee is 650B, and the minimum fee to the boy is 2,500B. The place was packed on Saturday and Sunday nights, with mainly Asians customers.

(Quote from brall 3 above)

-These prices are in my view ridiculous. It is catering for and aimed at the Asian market. If they are stupid enough to pay these amounts then more fool them. As said by Richard they have no qualms spending 10,000 or more per night.

Hence less farangs in the bars in BKK, and more in Pattaya where the prices have not yet reached outrageous levels.

-These prices are in my view ridiculous. It is catering for and aimed at the Asian market. If they are stupid enough to pay these amounts then more fool them. As said by Richard they have no qualms spending 10,000 or more per night.

Hence less farangs in the bars in BKK, and more in Pattaya where the prices have not yet reached outrageous levels.

while subject is well rehearsed and discussed we need to note that nothing is ridiculous in those prices if bar is still full.

While it may be ridiculous to us to pay that much I'd not to call those who are paying them stupid if they see value for their money one way or another  / even higher domestic prices  and non-existing go-go bar scene for example /.

As long as we still have an alternative and as you noticed it's plenty of it all is good. Last year in that very soi Twilight you could have 1 hr Thai massage for 500 with 500 minimum tip and it was still up to you who was massaging whom and what muscle was devoted special attention to. So clearly there's choice / still /

I suppose the Thai indigenous gogo bar customers always thought the westerners paid stupid prices, however it was easily affordable for us (back in the days of lower prices and more favourable exchange rates). 

Nowadays, there will be many Asians with successful businesses. If they fill the gogo bars, the prices will rise to whatever they are willing to pay. 

I guess the Westerner either needs to increase his budget or go elsewhere.  That's capitalism in action.  

Last year, 1500 baht worked well short time in Classic boys.  I'll be surprised if 15~1600 baht doesn't work this time around. 

while subject is well rehearsed and discussed we need to note that nothing is ridiculous in those prices if bar is still full.

I wonder how may boys are being offed @650 per off compared to yesteryear?

Seems to me that the Asian customers buy the drinks and give tips to the "superstars" - but don't off the rank-and-file boys?

Future:

No offs = No boys = No Customers....???

I have heard that theory for quite some time and yet he continues to have a lot more boys then anyone else.

I have been told all the boys are on salary which I am sure is quite substantial expense. But since the boys have a salary and tips in the Bar they are possibly less worried then Boys in another Bar with no guaranteed income.

By the same token it requires him to bring in a lot more money to pay those expenses. Has he gone to the extreme. I have no idea with the Cops asking for more and all the other bribes and expenses , he may have to charge those prices.  

But at those prices , it is close to 5000 baht by the time you send the boy home. 

Certainly has no interest for me unless he had Boys that looked like some of boys pictured in Photo Shoots Thread.

Which IMHO  he does not!

....unless he had Boys that looked like some of boys pictured in Photo Shoots Thread.

Which IMHO  he does not!

I'd say Jupiter boys  will be closer to the said thread quality although when I was in the soi last November Dreamboys had the best line-up with Zeus the second and rest quite far back, but this is just and only my opinion for my use.

As for off price, yes 650 was and is far more than other bars are charging but as sweetener neither big cock  nor fuck show participants were soliciting tips among us voyeurs unlike everywhere else. Since I always tip 100 each , 200 saved lowers effectively off fee to 450 which is almost in line with what  others in the soi are charging.

You are right with 5000, drink mine and boy's , off fee, tip for waiter and mamasan , dinner at Maxi on the way to hotel , boy's tip=4780 according to my books, expensive ? , yes, worth it ? can't wait for another chance to try first boy, second one was disaster so turned out much , much cheaper but I rather spent 4800 than waste 2000.

Despite of fact that my last  experience with them was  bad / dud,  still in the rush to leave and asked for taxi money / ,  I'm still willing to give Jupiter  a chance , no rush though.

I recently received some favorable feedbacks so may be not all lost with Jupiter boys.

I like their shows so drink cost  for eye candy on the stage is a fair price.

Firecat, I am curious about your bad experiences with the offs from Jupiter. Did you ever post the information?

A funny story about my last visit to Jupiter. I chatted with 5 Chinese sitting next to me. The 3 guys are quite handsome, and I said I wanted to go to China to meet more handsome men like them. They laughed and said they (and the Chinese) have small dicks. They love Thailand because the boys have very big dicks. I could not believe my ears! To make a long story short, one guy and I went outside where I showed him photos, on my cell phone, of guys I have been with in Cuba and Brazil. He was astonished. He asked another guy and one of the girls to come look at my photos and videos. They copied a few photos and my email address because now they want to go to South America. But can you imagine thinking that Thailand guys have very big dicks? Life is so interesting! Just a funny story to share.

I actually posted those stories which if now memory serves was about 2 years ago when I was living in BKK.

I found all of the boys to be arrogant , want to do as little as possible and get the biggest reward .  Their preference was girls, young , Asian in that order.  At the time they definitely had some of the best looking GoGo guys in BKK.

But after 5 useless offs all of them with attitude , I will never give that Bar a single baht  again.

Beauties quickly learn that they don't have to do much and still rake in the baht. So much demands drives up prices and

superstars have many customers thrilled to bask in their beauty. It work for muscle boys too.

I pass on the beauties and always take body over face, except in cases of extreme ugliness.

And of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I actually posted those stories which if now memory serves was about 2 years ago when I was living in BKK.

I found all of the boys to be arrogant , want to do as little as possible and get the biggest reward .  Their preference was girls, young , Asian in that order.  At the time they definitely had some of the best looking GoGo guys in BKK.

You did , I remember  reading it.

I agree that boys at Jupiter are best looking go-gos at least for those who like them on hunky side. Show is one the best although no nudity and I found mamasans there least intrusive.

So bar is worth visiting but this is  best done with boy from somewhere else in tow already.

As to Willie comments above,  my best offs weren't faces nor bodies but smiles, those even when faked indicate at least some interest  so usually I go for them.

"Dream boys is the iPad amongst the gogo bars." (Brainfart by ChristianPFC, I want to say new customers heard of it from their friends, it's THE place to go, the owner did advertise at the righ place - but in the end you can get the same elsewhere, much cheaper.)

I congratulate the owner for having a full bar every night (as far as I know from the forum) at these prices, but thank you, I will go elsewhere. One boring day I will sit opposite and count number of customers and boys going in and out for a full night. (I imagine a plot - number of customers or boys on  the y-axis and time on the x-axis.)

The German owner of Dreamboys/Boysbangkok gave us farang a the flick and raised his prices substantially when he discovered a new market - the emerging Chinese middle class with disposable income. And good luck to him - he's charging what the market is willing to pay, and I would do exactly the same if I were in his position. That's capitalism in action.

Although the percentage of the middle class is small compared with the rest of the Chinese population, the sheer number will be enough to sustain him and subsequent owners well into the future. There must be millions of gays looking for something they can't get back home. Numbers will just continue to increase as word gets around in China as to what is available in Soi Twilight. He just happens to be on the right place at the right time; he doesn't give a fuck about how we farang feel about the situation - but why should he? He's out to make money, not friends.

Luckily, we still have other areas of Silom where the prices are more reasonable. But should they disappear, I'd gladly go back to Soi Twilight and pay his prices, as they are still way cheaper than I can get in Australia and Japan. Or maybe go to another S.E. Asian country.

It will be a while before other countries in the region will have Thailand's go-go infrastructure if ever

For gogo bars to exist, you need demand, a supply of staff and law enforcement that at least tolerates such bars.

I don't know of any other regime in SE Asia where the law enforcement regime is likely to tolerate this. Perhaps Cambodia is the closest.

Friday in Classic Boy: drink 350 Baht, off fee 600 (!), short time tip 1500.

I was  happy with my choice, but can get the same elsewhere cheaper. I limit my visits to Soi Twilight bar to going to every bar once in a year, and offs even fewer. I spend my money in Saranrom and Pattaya instead.

There is quite an inflation rate in Soi Twilight then. Now for 2 drinks and an off fee, it's 1300.

However, as that street has the best selection of gogo dancers, I just have to try it for 1 or 2 nights on each trip.

that's the jump , from 400 to 600, either things are very good or very bad if they resort to such rises. 

When Dreamboy raised their off fee 650 we thought it crazy but somehow it work for them.

While I found Dreamboys selection worth a price last November can't say this about Classic but it may be just me, not a big on  twinks