williewillie

Double Shot in Sunee Plaza

Not completely true koko, I had a drink there with a farang friend a few days ago. I think the name Doubleshot means the alcoholic

drinks are stronger, two shots instead of one. I didn't state it was a new bar but noticed it was never listed here.

Lately have been visiting Double Shot to drink and relax. And they do give a double shot!

The "shots" are delivered in one glass with ice or straight, plus a mixer on the side.

100 Pipers/Soda is 120 Baht. I usually only use an ounce or two of soda and enjoy the Scotch.

Sometimes a staff member will sit and chat but I am not there for that, just the booze and relaxation.

But the wine is no bargain at all, more expensive that other beer bars.. Not sure price of beer.

Double Shot easily the best bar beer in Sunee Plaza now. There's almost no competition with

only Ting Tong Red as a possible runner up. Very long 'happy hour', lots of host boys,

comfortable seating. Same prices as a Elephant Pl. bar around the corner but offers so much

more, if you like boys that is.

I made my one & only visit to this bar a few months ago.

Most of the boys had the moustaches, leaving only 2~3 who might interest me.    These seemed happy to sit with a couple of German customers, maybe 2 customers, 5 boys & 100 or 200 baht tip for each boy at the end, no off.

The Jomtien host bars were more customer focused then the ones I visited in Sunnee.   Attractive boys & they were all on the look out for customers. 

Somehow, I never saw a boy I liked or any other reason to go to Double Shot.

The only occasion I remember going to that bar was when they had a charity auction (lead by Monty, when he was still alive) years ago.

Well, that does it for my interest in this bar. 

BTW, what is auctioned at a "charity auction" in a bar... booze?

It was paintings by a Thai artist. Now that you ask, there is more about that auction elsewhere on the forums (gaybutton in 2012 or 2013?), and the paintings went at ridiculously low prices, and the artist complained he could have sold them for much more and donated that to charity, or something like that, from memory. There was dissent.

It was paintings by a Thai artist. Now that you ask, there is more about that auction elsewhere on the forums (gaybutton in 2012 or 2013?), and the paintings went at ridiculously low prices, and the artist complained he could have sold them for much more and donated that to charity, or something like that, from memory. There was dissent.

Indeed it is a rare place for an auction of art, unless the bar wanted to attract more customers. After all, there are many artists who are gay and shy.

Somehow, I never saw a boy I liked or any other reason to go to Double Shot.

The only occasion I remember going to that bar was when they had a charity auction (lead by Monty, when he was still alive) years ago.

Yes, that is when I first saw you. Seems that you were interested in the B-Boys as I recall.

Indeed it is a rare place for an auction of art, unless the bar wanted to attract more customers. After all, there are many artists who are gay and shy.

It was a fund raiser and pieces of art among other items were donated. If someone did buy some art work from this particular Thai artists, at a low price, they indeed got a good bargain. However there is more to the story as I recall.