Everything posted by vinapu
-
Very brief report of 21st trip to Thailand in Jun 2020
Both authorities and travelers at one point need to start being brave
-
New rules for riding BTS
Slowly but surely this 'new normal' will yield to old normal and all that virtual concentration camp we are subject to fades from memory.
-
Nightlife to resume
it's just decorum. Who , afraid of catching virus , in his right mind would go to such venue ?
-
2 Strikes and a Homerun
Very fact of giving money means that money is lost for us
-
Very brief report of 21st trip to Thailand in Jun 2020
to complete that report I must mention that tonight ar 11 p.m I was supposed to fly back and in a day or two later start reporting it here. I guess nothing to report, sigh
-
2 Strikes and a Homerun
and have 5000 baht for their troubles
-
Next weekend long (and partially dry).
no harm done, we are still in our countries
-
Boybars reopening Jun15th..?
don't throw cold water at people
-
Boybars reopening Jun15th..?
it means after tomorrow ! hurrah !
-
Lazy Panda hitting right notes
I don't know about food there but he seem to be an eye-candy owner, that's for sure
-
3 in 5 Thais Want Borders to Reopen
also what we found is that populations seem to be fed up with lockdowns . If we don't have vaccines perhaps a bit of exposure will actually help us to develop immunity. Is not about optimistic or realistic. We can't expect 7 billion people being idle and locked forever, somebody needs to sow, harvest and bake bread. Yes it will be new cases, even when everything was locked they were. If there's no cure perhaps thing needs to run it's course. as per asymptomatic young adults infecting us oldies perhaps solution is to lock only them or us but not both ? Restricting shopping between 8-10 am to 65 + only seem to be working very well, seniors don't feel rushed and juniors obstructed. And at end of day they need our jobs and to pay off their mortgages, how they do it if we will be clinging to their inheritances forever? Let's be realistic
-
3 in 5 Thais Want Borders to Reopen
When dust will settle and companies start looking at the books closely it may turn even more bleak. I happen to know owner of funeral home in one of countries hard hit by the virus . Who would think in pandemic but even his business is on a verge of collapsing. Lots of dead bodies but almost no fancy funerals is his explanation
-
Pay now, die later
I'm pretty sure she is right, not likely but for sure it will deter potential visitors bar very few for whom Angkor Wat is 'see and then die " attraction
-
When can I go to Thailand again?
of course it does, it';s why whoring was invented by our ancestors and viagra by our contemporaries
-
Will they make it?
At least they can open and see what happens. Being closed is not viable for sure. Slowly but surely we are getting closer and closer to normalcy
-
23 of 35 returnees test positive
loud fart always sounds better that what current POTUS has to say
-
Boybars reopening Jun15th..?
of what year ?
-
23 of 35 returnees test positive
it's not odd, the same happened where I live. It looks different governments are taking different approaches, all while virus is still in charge. But it's hard to blame anybody, all they can do is to try and see what works
-
Will they make it?
In meantime we can start dreaming, just part -time for now
-
New outlet mall opens in bkk
you got that right But for me Silom Center still will do and Silom Plaza where Arena is , even more
-
When can I go to Thailand again?
in those tough times every decision may be contested if only because nobody really knows what to do and how to react, governments and their populaces can only try. But success in controlling disease can't be only measure. Stopping people from dying should stop them form living ( and earning that living ) only to a certain extend. Otherwise poor countries are taking risk of starving their populations and rich may ruin their economies by paying people to be locked at home. As per last The Economist quite a high percentage of unemployed Americans are receiving more in benefits now because of an additional payments than than were earning . Where those people return to work if their workplaces will disappear in meantime?
-
Requesting bareback?
perhaps because it's how trolling works
-
When can I go to Thailand again?
I did not know results can be that fast. Then testing before departure is OK. What we need now are actually those departures
-
When can I go to Thailand again?
correct but that is the rich people's problem. I wonder what all those stuck in Udon Nowhere who can't return to their livehoods, be it bar, store or even local market have to say. It's great to be part of nation which successfully contained greatest health scare in 100 years but will it compensate for drastic drop of income ?
-
When can I go to Thailand again?
I wonder loudly how many of those will end up positive / hopefully none / and how many will feel just imprisoned unjustly for 2 weeks, no matter how comfortable prison was ?