Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
GOP- Nice Boys
You could try selling your soul?
-
Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported
Do you speak from experience? Do you put more than one in? To make sure you reach the the prostate!
-
Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported
Me too! Though there were reports of on twink there!
- Low season trip to bangkok and phuket 2024
-
Post graduate studies in Thailand
Well, he has started work as a lawyer in Bangkok. . His mother tongue was Mandarin, and his Thai was far from fluent. He was very good looking, but, alas, not available! I may have got it wrong, but the law firm I deal with in Bangkok has many non Thai members.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
Er, Irony. But if they say they own it, that's that! They don't care about the International Court.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
But surely, they own the South China Sea, even 2,000 miles away from their coast!
-
Looking for mature gay friends in Bangkok where I recently moved
Me also, early January.
-
Biden endorses Harris
Er Liberal Democrats.
-
Hotel breakfasts
This is Thailand!
-
Post graduate studies in Thailand
I knew a young Chinese boy who was studying law in Bangkok. He was taught in English, and said standard was good.
-
Hotel breakfasts
As I just said, I have booked, but will keep Meridien as well, in case Dusit doesn't make it!
-
Hotel breakfasts
Have now booked Dusit for November, corner room. Will be interesting to see!
-
Biden endorses Harris
Something wrong with that, what about George McGovern, Hubert Humphrey?
-
List of gay brothels in Japan
Yes, the JR System is impressive. However I found it more confusing, not so much English. Worth noting that the hi speed Shinanksen have their own section at Tokyo Station. When I was first in Japan, if I didn't know farw,etc, I was advised just to walk through the open barrier next to the official. I was told that as a foreigner, gaijin, I would not be stopped!
-
List of gay brothels in Japan
Interestingly, a long time ago, I took a taxi from hotel to client. As has been mentioned before, most of Tokyo has no street names. The doorman looks up the address in an enormous map book, dealing with Chome, block no, building no, etc. Off we went. We arrive, taxi driver shows me the building. Drives off. Its the wrong building, he was lost. I had no cluster of helpful Japanese, in deed no English spoken. Luckily I found a pay pho e, and rang client. They then directed me!
-
Southeast Asia's second largest economy receives 19.7 million foreign tourists
They have to speak English, at least front of house staff.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
Or never released at all!
-
Check and double check those dates
I did get charged! You are more efficient than me. You do what I should do. Half the problem is that it's so easy to book, on your phone, and unless you are very efficient, I'm not, you move on, and forget!
-
List of gay brothels in Japan
And that map is only part of the system, as most lines carry on, out of the city into the countryside. Now everything is also in English, and there are huge maps on the stations, giving details of all the nearby buildings. A huge advance on when I first went 40 years ago. It pays to master the Subway, it doesn't take long, there are 2 different companies, and then travel around Tokyo is remarkably easy. The gay area is around the station Shinjuku -San-chome. San is 3.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
Cambodia was described by my taxi driver, as 'part of China'. He said they control everything, including the government.
-
Airbus shows off new ultra long-haul jet
Yes, I am hoping to do London to Sydney, non stop, when that starts.
-
Check and double check those dates
Good point about time changes. I also put relevant time in heading. I get annoyed with the time in the calendar changing with the time zones. If I was better at IT, I'm sure I could fix it, but..... Going back to hotels, another issue I have is that I often book many months in advance, using the hotel website. Then I forget, and book again, through, say, Booking.com. this can prove embarrassing at check in, when they ask whether I need 2 rooms!
-
Southeast Asia's second largest economy receives 19.7 million foreign tourists
If they do, I shudder to think how the infrastructure will cope. One thing that interests me, where will they get decent staff to man all these new hotels?
-
Safest cities vs most violent
I think Port au Prince, Haiti, should feature. A baseball bat would not suffice. You would need an AK47, at the very least!