Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Trip Report Quick & Dirty Bangkok Stopover – 2 Nights of BBC
On your knees?
-
Patpong comings and goings
Or 7 star restaurants...
-
Are you a wanker?
I think you have been on this forum long enough to realise that posts from @riobard are frequently unintelligible, I assume deliberately, and would benefit from a translation!
-
Hotei Park Silom- Suriwong - new kid on the block
The bikes are the worst, I agree. Cars are fairly careful. I try to wait for a local to cross, safety in numbers!
-
Hotei Park Silom- Suriwong - new kid on the block
That sort of thing is quite an issue as we get older. Especially at night!
-
Hotei Park Silom- Suriwong - new kid on the block
Even Old Daddy would not use Grab or Bolt to cross the road!
-
Bangkok 11 days December 2025
So, you were taught Shakespeare, in Swahili, in Poland? Interesting.
-
Bangkok 11 days December 2025
Er, Herodotus was Greek....
-
Is there a jokes string I've missed somewhere?
Excellent!
-
South Thailand Hit By Worst Rain in 300 Years
I learnt about box jellyfish when in Northern Queensland. We were told that there are many different species, of which only a few can be fatal. Most of the others are merely extremely painful! I'm not keen to investigate which is which! The most venomous can kill within 2 to 3 minutes, hardly any time to get your vinegar out, but it seems that these cases are rare, luckily. Just one more reason to avoid the sea in Pattaya.
-
South Thailand Hit By Worst Rain in 300 Years
Box jellyfish! That's not going to help tourism! "A few tourists killed", if true, that has been kept quiet.
-
Minimum Tip Increases
Arguably, it would be more beneficial for more Thais to speak English, especially in the hospitality area. In the UK, two of my family are being taught Mandarin.
-
Your Gravestone Description
Yes, indeed!
-
Travel Question
Nowadays, i allow 3 hours if i am changing planes. I just don't want the hassle of running to get the connection, missing it,trying to rebook, worrying about luggage etc. Singapore Airlines are good but a lot of other airlines are notoriously bad in these circumstances. It is the case that some attractive fares have short connections, but I don't go for them. I'd rather keep my blood pressure stable! Having said that, my Malaysian, Perth to KL flight, a couple of years ago, was 4 hours late and I missed the London connection. They met me at the door of my plane, in KL, with my rebooked flight and accommodation in the airport Hotel, with meals included. Very efficient. But I lost 14 hours! No
-
Hurghada Egypt Report October 2025
Wish I had your stamina!
-
When do you get into the Christmas spirit? As early as Catherine Schwarzenegger?
Some time ago, I was chatting to a Japanese lawyer i know, who had a big case for American clients. They wanted to attend the hearing of the case on Tokyo, but when he told them it was on Christmas Day, they changed their minds!
-
Your Gravestone Description
Close to Spike Milligan, "I told you I was ill." I gather W C Fields did not have a tombstone, thus the frequent suggestion that it said, "on the whole I'd rather be here than in Philadelphia", is apocryphal. Shame!
-
South Thailand Hit By Worst Rain in 300 Years
Really brings home the personal losses and total destruction.
-
Empty buildings in the Jomtien Complex
Luckily, I don't have a basement!
-
Empty buildings in the Jomtien Complex
I have seen, and used, a couple of Nepali escorts, here in London, a few years ago. Pretty good. Now disappeared.
-
Empty buildings in the Jomtien Complex
Which is easy to do with multiple personalities!
-
Empty buildings in the Jomtien Complex
You are assuming that he reads his posts!
-
Rent.men in Bangkok
Some of the Thai guys on there have been using the same pics for many years!
-
Is Pattaya the cheapest in the World ?
Do they have a postal system?
-
The Insurance Scam in the Heart of America: Ruin and Debt
I agree. I don't answer any calls that are not in my contact list.