Everything posted by Marc in Calif
-
Badminton = sex in Hong Kong
Well, badminton does require the use of a shuttle-cock. And we all know that shuttling cocks is not at all related to sex. 😄
-
The scene in China
The modern Thai languages had prototypes 2000 years ago in Guangxi province in China (and parts of Guangdong and southern Yunnan), specifically where the Zhuang languages are still spoken. When Tai peoples moved south into mainland Southeast Asia, they acquired linguistic and cultural elements from many additional cultures along the way. So their languages picked up diverse influences that Zhuang languages never had. In Guangxi (and southern Yunnan) today, the Zhuang people speak a language that is not related to modern Thai, so Thai has diverged widely from its proto-Tai origins. I'm positive that it's mutually incomprehensible with Zhuang speakers. However, there are some key individual words that are mutually intelligible between Thai and Zhuang, including words for I, you, rice, eat, go, and come. We as English speakers experience the same when we hear German, two languages that diverged a long time ago. Similar (but not identical) words exist for blue, apple, in, ice, drink, and come.
-
Trip report from ichigo
Why would a resort take that name? Eating with the left hand is of course frowned upon. Are you saying that this is a Malay expression of disapproval for eating with the left hand? 😊
-
Trip report from ichigo
You mean the Jamahkiri resort in Thailand? You might be confusing your languages. I have no idea what the name means in Thai, if anything. In Indonesian and Malay, however, "kiri" does mean "left. But "jamah" has nothing to do with eating or munching. Instead, it can mean "touch," "feel," or even "fuck." Or are you thinking of something you heard in Balinese?
-
Young Thai influencer dies after alcohol drinking challenge
The word influencer gave it away. They're typically not the sharpest pencils in the box.
-
Number of Russian visitors in Phuket instantly drops
In the last 25 years, how many total flights has Aeroflot made? How many total passenger miles? Only if you know this information can you begin to compare with other airlines.
-
Algeria trip November 2024, the report is coming
Did you even visit Algeria in November? Where is your promised report?
-
Too gorgeous to be guilty?
Which of his loved ones had a claim denied by UHC?
-
Too gorgeous to be guilty?
As you were yourself when you wrote: "... hot damn, that man is incredibly handsome....!" 🤩😍
-
PangLao / Bohol
Don't forget the Filipino word for "masseur": masahista. So #altermasahista will turn up results for you.
-
Rebel Group Claims Capture of Major Military HQ in Shan State
You would have gotten closer had you used your typical shorthand writing: Rohga. 😐
-
University students massage shop near Ramkhamhaeng University
Awww. Did I hurt your feelings? If you don't know your way around the gay community in Bali, that's not my fault. I went to my first Gaya Dewata meeting just about 30 years ago shortly after they started. I still attend whenever I visit. Unlike you, I don't need their English web page to find out about them. It's pretty limited. I can read the whole actual site. And FYI... I still don't share information about places that are off the beaten path and not generally known by outsiders. The island is ruined enough. Sometimes what's special needs to remain special. People like you would reduce it to numbers and codes for your own amusement.
-
University students massage shop near Ramkhamhaeng University
Wow. That's some achievement for you! 🤭 Yes, there are people who don't rate bodies (and even body hair) on a numerical basis. They know what appeals to them based on sight alone -- not objectification codes. They value something more about a masseur than just the individual body parts.
-
Malaysia Trip Report
I've always had good experiences at Otot-otot. In fact, I'm still in touch with one cute guy I met back in 2016.
-
University students massage shop near Ramkhamhaeng University
So should I expect that customers can get beaten off there? 😉
-
Landlord and LGBTQ group clash in heated confrontation
Was this actually an LGBTQ group (i.e., dedicated to supporting the community) or just some random queer people renting a room for whatever purpose? Looks like the landlord, the police, or the Pattay Mail itself is trying to use the initials LGBTQ to refer to anything involving queer people in any context. @reader -- Have you seen any other reports about this incident?
-
TRUMP USES ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY FOR CAMPAIGN
Aren't they the families of the fallen soldiers? They allowed Drumpf to allow this campaign circus event. I wonder how much they were paid. 😳
-
Trump media stock now down 75%
One of the most insignificant of Drumpf's little people is our own @EmmetK . Remember his boasts about his stock purchase earlier this year? Oh, @EmmetK , please come back to tell us how you're coping. 😘
-
Thailand Tackles ‘Cheap Travel’ Issues
Moses, I don't see the Ukrainian Jewish leader President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in your three photos? Where is he? Posting random photos is something that you trolls always do! You must think that random photos are evidence of something. 😄
-
São Paulo sophomore and freshman for Rio
Maybe it's best to start a new thread when you travel to these places again. You won't need to continue your very-American freshman|sophomore|junior metaphor for counting trips. 🙃 But if you do meet a Brazilian ninth-grader on your travels, please feel free to (correctly) call him a freshman. 🤩
-
Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported
They have a guy whose job it is to manage the cum of the boys? I wonder how much that pays... 😊
-
Biden bloodbath
Sorry, but no study or academic treatise (!!) is going to tell you what's happening right now. If you have any awareness at all of what's going on in the country today, you'd know that Governor Tim Walz has won over more than just the state of Minnesota. I believe that he'll add more to the ticket than any of the other VP candidates would have added. He certainly performs better than they do in front of audiences. Even Mayor Pete, excellent as he is, can't fire up a crowd like Walz does with policy stuff as well as homegrown folksy stuff. In political-speak, this is gold. And no "academic treatise" is going to prove that with statistics.
-
Biden bloodbath
Oh, how wrong you were about that particular analysis! The selection of Governor Tim Walz is actually galvanizing voters around the country. His addition to the ticket will "affect" many more states than just one.
-
The Mar-a-lago Shopping Network is Proud To Present Melania Trump
I expect that the surprise will involve some type of "solution" to the war on Gaza: How might it work? Drumpf and Netanyahu have supposedly devised a plan to bypass Biden and Blinken and give Drumpf the pleasure of announcing a "solution" that he helped to broker. This will happen during the final days of October to help influence the election.
-
Dont believe your Eyes.....