Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marc in Calif

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marc in Calif

  1. How embarrassing to admit that you don't realize how dictionaries work! They don't contain "facts." ☺️ The following is another dictionary definition that describes the commercial transaction @JKane engaged in. Are you going to dismiss it just because it includes the word value — which you apparently don't think is a critical part of the definition? overpay — to pay more than is necessary or more than the value of something (Cambridge Dictionary) Even Merriam-Webster cites "value" in its complete entry. 😎 Didn't you take Economics 101 at City College of LA? The concept of "value" is subjective and individual. Different people, groups, businesses, and even nations decide what is of "value" to them at a particular time and place. To help you understand something that's not really all that difficult, here's a definition of "value" written in simple language. I'll make it even easier for you: I'll substitute @JKane 's name for "a person", and I'll replace "good or service" with "sexual encounter": Economic value is the value that JKane places on a sexual encounter based on the benefit that he derives from that encounter. It is often estimated based on JKane's willingness to pay for the sexual encounter, typically measured in units of currency.... The economic value of the sexual encounter does not exist as any objective quality of the encounter or the provider, but is entirely dependent on the subjective intention of JKane and his relationship to them. Similarly, it follows that @Latbear4blk might place an entirely different "value" on the same sexual encounter. Neither one is underpaying or overpaying in an economic sense. And let's not forget that @JKane himself has reacted very favorably to my comments here. 💯 🎯 💯
  2. Still wrong, baby~. If you had paid that much, you could legitimately say that YOU overpaid. It's your money. But @JKane didn't think that HE overpayed for what he received and for what he valued -- based on his own budget on that trip. On subsequent visits, he might change his perspective on hiring. But for this first visit, he didn't overpay according to his own sense of value. Constantly telling people that they're "paying too much" is the refuge of the jealous and envious. Or maybe just the cheap and stingy? 😘
  3. I clicked the "Thanks" icon. But are you trying to tell me what I can and cannot say in addition to merely reacting to a post? 🤣
  4. No. He simply paid more than you might have. But for him, that rate was not necessarily overpaying. Maybe he could afford to pay more than you could for that particular experience at that particular time on his trip. For him, he got what he paid for -- except for one encounter that he regrets. Listen to what another member said:
  5. Yes, I completely understand this. It happens to all of us when we get the itch to travel. 😎 We just press Select and Submit -- and we're on the plane! 🛫
  6. With more effort beforehand, you might also have found a much better hotel! 🏩 What led you to book it in advance?
  7. This American company does not use an umlaut in its name. But perhaps you found a different car service in Colombia? 🤣 Pedantry at its best!
  8. I'd never seen the word "washlet" until I read it in the room descriptions. I guess it's a combination toilet/bidet with accessories for comfort and cleanliness -- and a heated seat. Are these common in Asian hotels? I haven't seen then in Europe or (of course not) in the United States.
  9. That's a perfect German sentence structure with the verb at the end! 👍
  10. That's a very ambitious plan! 🥳 Several bars and/or clubs. Two guys in 16 hours. No hotel or sleep. What's your final destination on Thai Airways?
  11. I've seen Le Siam deteriorate considerably over the past 20 years. It used to be quite elegant, but when I returned in 2019 it was a bit tattered and sad. I wonder if ownership/management changed at some point. However, I'm sure it's still a fine place to stay in terms of comfort, cleanliness, and price.
  12. Patronizing much? You're one of those "ugly" foreigners. But am I surprised? No.
  13. Yes, you can. But there's a time limit for editing. Three hours is typically way past that limit!
  14. Google is your friend! 😎
  15. https://eatmerestaurant.com/location/
  16. After nearly two years of continually asking for -- and getting -- advice about Thailand on these forums, how could you possibly be bored? Surely you should now know everything about what you like and don't like in Pattaya. So why do you even go there? What has changed?
  17. There should be a Thai government-sponsored refund when your hopes and expectations are dashed in this way! 🙃 It's clearly the fault of the government for instilling ambition and hope in its citizens -- resulting in major life changes for them but disappointing experiences for us.
  18. And how do you rate yourself? Then we can start understanding your grading scale. 😊
  19. Marc in Calif replied to a post in a topic in Gay Cambodia
    Lingam Aviation
  20. I can just imagine your White Party "code" rankings for participants' clothing. And for the mindless music. And the skin colors on display.
  21. University theater programs don't train stage directors to be choreographers or Elizabethan sword-fighting experts, do they? Those are separate fields that have their own trained experts for the stage. So stage directors are similarly not trained to be experts in sexual harrassment, personal consent and boundaries, or conflict negotiation. That's why initimacy coordinators are now regularly part of theatrical productions of all types. I don't expect you to understand (or accept) all of this. If you don't want to pay "more $$$ down the drain," you might want to stay away from expensive shows. Sounds simple to me. 😉
  22. Marc in Calif replied to a post in a topic in Gay Laos
    Can you please tell us how much time you spent in the whisky village? Did you leave the tour to stay there a few hours? ☺️🥛🥛🥛☺️
  23. You might have what we call "selective hearing." You hear what you want to hear only when you want to hear it. 😍
  24. I'm happy that you know what you're looking for! And I know that many other members of these forums share your preferences. ☺️

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.