Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. Since I tend to do a lot of massages when I'm here I figured maybe it makes sense to put my impressions in one thread. I already mentioned my experience at Zoo Spa and Onsen in that dedicated thread, so I won't rehash it here. Prime Massage, Silom Soi 6. Yesterday I visited Prime in Silom Soi 6. Obviously this place is a huge massage factory. My back and neck were giving me some trouble so I thought a real, legit massage was in order. I did a 90 min oil massage. I liked the orange scented oil. No choice of masseurs but I didn't really care. The young woman at the desk took my 700 baht and had me take a seat briefly. Then I was led across the soi to the annex building. Showered down the hall. The sign in the shower about the 20000 baht fine if you poop in the shower gave me some pause. I presume that means it's actually happened in the past. Back to the room and onto the table. The table had a face cut out but was nearly as uncomfortable as a bed without it. The masseur used VERY hard pressure. Ultimately I had to cry out when he did that thing that too many masseurs do of pinching the muscle on the inside of the thigh. It hurts like hell and I had to tell him not to do that. I might have been a little loud in my protest. But he did ease up. Overall the massage was very thorough if totally legit with absolutely no hanky panky suggested or necessary. It was a bit painful though and too rough for me. I actually would have appreciated some slow stretching but his movements were too abrupt. I tipped 500 (I was pointed to the policy of 100 minimum at the cashier desk) because I thought it was fair, not because I was totally happy with the experience. 15M Massage (Saphan Kwai BTS) Today it was off to a part of the city I don't think I've ever visited before. 15M Massage is about a 30 second walk from the Saphan Kwai BTS (exit 3). So it's quite convenient. I booked Noom in advance (photo below). He looks almost nothing like this photo. So much so that I questioned to myself whether it was the same guy. His hair is no longer blond. But the tattoo matches up and so do the earrings. He's also a bit more muscular than in this photo. Booking via Line was easy. They also have a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/boybk12345) Mostly straight guys. Many quite handsome. And they are teamed up with the nearby 27M Massage. But since this location is so easy to get to I chose it. I arrived a few minutes early and Noom was already there as well. I asked for the 90 minute "aroma" massage which is my basic go-to option. I paid the 550 baht to the handsome boy at the cashier station and was led up one level. Room was very basic with a just a thin mattress on the floor. I was pointed to the shower up a further flight of stairs. Once back in the room Noom was already undressed and ready to go. The "massage" was basically terrible. I suspect there is no training for these guys and anyway no one is going there for a proper massage. It was just a mindless rub spending an inordinate amount of time on one leg, then the other before eventually progressing to a back rub. It was not especially erotic or relaxing - just kind of mechanical. After a while I was mercifully invited to flip over. The AC was a bit too cold and my efforts to communicate that were unsuccessful. Either my Thai is really terrible (likely) or he just didn't understand me or my pantomime of being cold. His phone dinged constantly with Line messages. Obviously the polite thing to do is silence your notifications in such a situation. He did offer to fuck me, but that's not my thing. So we moved on to other things that I do enjoy. I will say he was impressively hard with very little input needed. After a while the lights were flickered which I presume was meant as a signal to wrap up. Once we did finish I noted that barely an hour had passed. So, my 90 minute session was not what I go. But frankly I was fine with that. A satisfactory ending was achieved but on the whole not the greatest experience ever. Noom left me to shower alone as did he. We could have conserved some water, but that's not the way it worked out. They do have a couple of gay guys on staff so that might be a better option unless you just want a straight guy to fuck you. I did note several cute boys on my way out. If I'd had a better experience I would be more inclined to return.
  2. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    I just found a couple of Thais on Twitter who review various massage places. All in Thai but the translator does a decent job. This was one of the places recently reviewed. https://twitter.com/Ohmkungreview
  3. like I said, clearly it's not for everyone
  4. we all should be so lucky. Don't we come to Thailand to create short terms versions of such relationships? Good luck to them
  5. Definitely different strokes for different folks 🙂 Personally I don't spend a lot of time at the gogos these days because of the way those costs add up. Maybe if I were a drinker it would be a different story. I am thinking about checking out the 15M spa next since it's right near the Saphan Kwai station.
  6. It's my understanding that here in Thailand anyway it would be the Airbnb host who would be in trouble rather than the guest. Although I am sure it would be disruptive to one's vacation. The building where I live in the US has bylaws banning short term rentals. I think our county government outlaws them as well. So it hasn't been a problem. We also have a pretty hands-on management company running things. And the front desk staff run a fairly tight ship. For sure how your building is run makes a difference. I think my time using Airbnb may be coming to an end because there are just so many issues like this. And all of the talk about short term rentals screwing up the local housing markets. Having to sneak around using back entrances and always keeping your head down to avoid drawing attention can be a bit annoying. I stayed at an Airbnb in Melbourne several years ago that was a bit of a mess. Nice location across from the train station but for a brand new building it was in fairly poor condition in the common areas although the apartment itself was very nice and in good condition. Lots of foreign students seemed to be living there in addition to the Airbnbs. Big luggage rolling in and out every day. Long waits for elevators. My impression was that there were few owner-occupied units which is what really allows a building to go downhill.
  7. Just back from the Zoo and can report. Basically if one of their boys really catches your eye, be prepared to pay a very pretty penny, but you should get what you're looking for. The many promotions are fairly confusing, but I contacted them last evening via Line to set an appointment for today. I asked who would be on staff today and made my choice. And after asking a few questions I noted an ad for something called "Sleeping Angel" which has a very high price tag. The "regular" price is 8500 (!) but there is a promo of buy two get one, but it's really not, it's just 30% off the regular price. So 5950 (!) But I decided that I am not in Bangkok very much and who knows how much travel I will be able to do after this trip due to some family issues, so why not go big. I was informed that this price includes tip and everything so there is no extra to pay. Also it is a 2 hour scrub, oil and onsen program. He described is as a "model package". I believed I understood what that meant. I arrived shortly before the agreed time - thanks to the correspondents in this thread with respect to the location or I never would have found it. I sat in the waiting area until the boss showed up right around 2 and confirmed who I was. And then he told me that the guy I booked didn't come in today. But there is one other guy present "Neemo". He's cute enough so I was prepared to go ahead. Then he noticed that Vodka has also arrived. I am not sure what sort of animal Vodka is...some Russian thing, I suppose. Frankly Vodka doesn't photograph very well and even when he's dressed you would think he's probably 10 years older than I think he really is. I had said I would take Neemo but something got lost in translation and Vodka ended up doing the program. The boss gave me a further discount since the guy I booked was a no-show, so I appreciated that. The massage part was frankly a bit odd and nothing to write home about. He started with the salt scrub thing which wasn't bad and then told me to shower again to wash it off. Kinda tough when it's on your back - and he disappeared for a while. I laid back down on the bed thing which was another disappointment because I much prefer a proper massage table with a face cradle. He eventually came back and did a very basic oil massage on my legs and back before asking me to flip over. He massaged the front for a while and he was dressed in their uniform the whole time. Then he said the magic words "you want body to body?" Yes, I do. And then things went from there. He's a nice boy but I'm not sure massage is really his forte. If you're looking for a real, proper massage, search elsewhere. He does have impossibly smooth and soft skin though. I was satisfied in the end, but just, thanks to the extra discount. After we finished he told me to shower again (on my own) and then moved me to another room to soak in their "onsen" which is just a big wooden bathtub for one. So, mixed feelings really. I think maybe later in the day there are more guys there. There is one other boy I have had my eye on so I might blow another large chunk of change to spend a little time in his company as well. If you want more than a massage I think "Sleeping Angel" is what you basically need to go for. But yes, I acknowledge it is a crazy amount for this sort of thing, however if you get a promo rate it's not awful and it is a 2 hour program even if you spend the last 30 minutes of that soaking in the tub alone.
  8. Unhealthy air... The forecast isn't great https://www.iqair.com/us/thailand/bangkok Outdoor activity limits urged by authorities https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/03/10/its-very-hard-for-me-to-breathe-lately-thick-smog-covers-bangkok-and-hospitalises-thousand
  9. Thanks for all of this info. I arrive Tuesday for the first time in 4 years. Very excited.
  10. Korean, Thai... I think the key is to not be afraid to stop watching if a show just doesn't grab you
  11. Not sure how sensible this was, but it's an interesting look inside now
  12. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Pilot shortages are going to take a while to unwind. So - supply and demand. I think you're right that higher fares are likely to be around for a good while. Given general inflation that seems inevitable. I did manage to book a $240 flight between Washington and Tampa to visit family in the May/June time frame. That's less than I have paid for the last couple of years. As always shopping around and having flexible dates will get you the best options.
  13. I really don't understand the media's obsession with this case
  14. Calling your airline "Really Cool" doesn't give it much gravitas. Maybe they don't expect to be around for long. Good luck to them all.
  15. I think the world is tough in lots of places these days. My tour guide in Sri Lanka who I spent a few weeks with going around the island asked me for money a couple of times. They've had a tough few years over there with their economy falling apart and tourism hitting the skids. He's got kids in school and a family to support so it wasn't a surprise when he contacted me asking for help. I did send him some money. Lots of desperate people in many countries. I don't begrudge anyone. It was clear to me that the Sri Lankan guy was really thankful and wouldn't have asked me if he wasn't really in bad shape.
  16. This place runs lots of special deals. Today and tomorrow it's free massage for the first 50 people, you just pay the tip to the masseur (or 500 plus tip for 90 mins). They have a new Line: Zoo Spa Onnut They also have a second location that just opened near Talat Phlu BTS. The Line for the new place is Zoospa Wellness.
  17. I think the inertia of these things will be difficult to change. Just like the "suspension" of the TM6 arrival/departure form
  18. I think it's the music and sound effects
  19. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    that's interesting. After the fire there was a large section that had to be redone. I suppose with so much competition in the Bangkok Mall World that you have to keep things constantly improving or at least changing. I love Central World. I can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.
  20. Blued was very interesting. All of those horny guys broadcasting their video getting shut down by the censors.
  21. I think you only have to register if you want to be able to see your trip data.
  22. as someone who is arriving in March, I'm not sure I like the sound of partial closure.
  23. there are many View Talays (or is it Views Talay?) aren't there? The one I stayed in is next to Central Festival between Beach Rd and 2nd Rd. I think it's a real hodge podge of things. Several property management companies on the first floor renting out units so probably many are investment condos but I presume some have more permanent residents. I had a big corner unit with a nice balcony overlooking Pattaya beach. There was a second bedroom that was quite small off the kitchen so I guess your maid could live there. Gigantic bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Lots of dark wood all over. And an extra bed in the living room which I didn't love.
  24. Booking.com has lots of condos for rent in Pattaya that are managed by various property companies. I had a nice big apartment overlooking the beach in View Talay 6 a couple of years ago

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.