Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. I love LP. Kuang Si is one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have been to. I like how small the town is. But there's so much history packed in there. One of my favorite charitable causes is Big Brother Mouse which publishes children's books in Lao and some tribal languages to get kids interesting in reading. They also run their own school called Big Sister Mouse. Great organization. http://www.bigbrothermouse.com/
  2. As was mentioned the next generation is completely fucked. Social media has warped them in a way that will be hard to repair. As a Thai college professor said in a video I watched earlier today - kids today have no attention spans and little resilience. In Western countries there is a huge epidemic of loneliness. Big percentages have few or no friends in real life. A huge number haven't had sex with another person in over a year. It's not that they don't want to have sex, they're just poorly socialized. All of those sexually frustrated young men (with access to high powered weapons in America) are a big problem. Obviously there are still some places where young people are still boinking (and making lots of babies), but I'd guess that is in places with less access to social media apps and phones. And those places are fewer and fewer all the time
  3. Andrew MacGregor Marshall had the scoop on this yesterday. Sounds like they're just trying to figure out how to break the news at this point. I always appreciate Jonathan Head's willingness to push boundaries talking about this subject
  4. I finished binge watching Choco Milk Shake on Sunday. The acting is really fantastic. The premise is that the cute boy in the middle is just drifting through life and is lonely. His dead dog and cat are reincarnated as the two other cute boys and they come back for a limited time to help him get back on track. The writing is very good and while they obviously made this on a shoestring budget, overall it's one of the most enjoyable things I have watched in a good while. Most episodes are about 15 minutes. There's an extra 11th episode that comes out next week. I'm not sure why because ep 10 wraps everything up pretty well. Highly recommended.
  5. and it still doesn't do any good for all of the non-Muslims and more moderate Muslims who live there
  6. or find some new guys... I always admire your stamina
  7. This is one of the oddest and most adorable BLs ever. The episodes are short
  8. Looks like you had Preah Vihear to yourself. I went there early on a Sunday morning and it was quite busy. In fact we arrived at the little place where you buy tickets and wait for your truck up the mountain before any of the employees and it was surprisingly crowded already. Definitely a great setting. Have you been to Koh Ker?
  9. their latest photos look interesting. They seem to be trying lots of different special events
  10. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I agree. It's interesting that these photos are in private collections. Aren't there two different history museums in Bangkok now? It seems like they would be good candidates for such a permanent exhibit. The Bautze book is much bigger and more comprehensive of the the two as it covers several different photographers and their work.
  11. fedssocr replied to Novarunner's topic in Gay Thailand
    gay bottom?
  12. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Awesome. Wish I was there. A few years ago I bought a couple of books that probably include most of these photos. Unseen Siam: Early Photography 1860-1910 by Joachim Bautze published in 2016 by River Books and Siam Through the Lens of John Thomson 1865-66 by Paisarn Piemmettawat 2015 also by River Books. The history is quite interesting.
  13. I guess I was supposed to be able to read your mind?
  14. The Nomadic Boys get around quite a bit https://nomadicboys.com/destinations/asia/south-asia/gay-nepal/
  15. if you are looking for something extremely lightweight...
  16. aren't most Thai guys flexible?
  17. I've seen captions in many programs. But not all of them
  18. I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with the current shows, but here's some things coming from GMM
  19. And if you like Kpop these guys have really been pushing boundaries in a very gay-positive way despite Korean conservatism
  20. I love lots of Asian bands. Lots of Thai indie/rock bands and Korean indie groups especially. These guys are amazing but they are sort of on hiatus right now One of the members called Ha Hyunsang is my favorite. His solo music is also really great. I recently saw The Rose here in Washington These Thai guys are quite popular these days and so are these guys
  21. I'd imagine there isn't really a surplus of baggage service providers waiting to step in and take over, so firing this company is likely to make things even worse. I guess maybe the minister has a brother waiting for a big government contract. This seems like it would be a good job unless of course the company isn't paying the workers a living wage in which case the shortage of workers would not be a surprise.
  22. Wow. Neo's been working out
  23. Pretty much total introvert here. I like to watch and observe. I often say I don't like people but I'm not sure that's entirely true. I am able to hold a conversation if necessary, but tend to be fairly guarded with strangers.
  24. no. Laws against consensual sodomy were nullified by the Supreme Court (Lawrence v Texas). Of course they might end up re-instating those laws at some point.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.