The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
........ And just in case this becomes something that history needs to know about... Thanks Oz for the bandwidth!
-
-
Wanted to introduce myself to this site and its forums. I'm Danny Cruz. I live in Los Angeles these days. A few of you gents may have seen me back when I lived in NYC. I look forward to reading through the topics and maybe adding a little to the discussions, though I'm more of an onlooker when it comes to all that. I'm happy to hear from all of you guys - fellow escorts and gents alike. I've got plans in the works to bring Rent-U (classes and roundtable discussions for men in the sex industry by HOOK online) to Los Angeles and am involved in Sex Worker rights as well. My next venture will be to found a network of sex worker friendly health and wellness resources in …
-
at least in their new Movie "Michael".....Michael tells the complex and controversial true story of gay activist Michael Glatze, who later renounced his homosexuality after a health scare. They DO make a cute couple !
-
- 0 replies
- 781 views
-
-
I often have concerns when I read about someone this young being tried as an adult. He may be 16 but he looks like he's 12. Prison will eat him up. It sounds like he needs help more than adult punishment. http://news.yahoo.com/documents-teen-planned-attack-maryland-school-022548520.html Sash Nemphos is pictured in this handout booking photo provided by the Baltimore County police depar … MONKTON, Md. (AP) — A Maryland teenager told police he planned to use a stolen handgun to kill his parents, then drive to his high school and kill students and teachers as revenge for years of bullying he suffered, according to court documents released Wednesday. Sash Alexande…
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
And I haven't run across a story as feel good as this one in a long time. Gay dads probably are no better or worse than straight ones, by and large, but these two deserve some kind of monument in front of whatever Gay hall of fame finally gets set up.
-
- 3 replies
- 819 views
-
-
If these allegations prove true, looks likely the end of the line for Branson's space venture. Too bad. Can only hope this does not too badly damage the prospects for private space vehicle development as a whole. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11203634/Branson-spaceship-explosion-The-missed-warnings.html
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
-
One of the greats has passed.
- 18 replies
- 2.1k views
-
10 Worst States in America for Retirement Living Eric McWhennie November 1, 2014 How do you plan on enjoying retirement? If you’re like most Americans, just reaching the financial milestone is a lifelong endeavor. Obstacles such as stagnant wages, rising living expenses, and inadequate savings force many people to make difficult decisions about their so-called golden years. Location can play a key role in your retirement planning, as some states are simply better suited to offer desirable benefits to retirees. In order to analyze which states might be most and least appealing, MoneyRates looked at 11 different data series across five major categories to rank e…
-
- 0 replies
- 847 views
-
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
-
Researchers at Columbia Universitys Mailman School of Public Health have found that an injection of antiretroviral drugs can give 100 percent protection from HIV. Monkeys were injected with the drugs in two separate trials, with protection lasting a month. However, research suggests that such an injection could last for up to three months, reports the New York Times. People taking PrEP in the form of a daily Truvada pill have a super-high rate of protection (98 percent), if they take the pill every day. However, the effectiveness of the treatment goes down if you miss multiple doses. An injection of this kind would erase the fear of missing your daily dose itd just be…
- 14 replies
- 1.4k views
-
The NY Times reports that gay photographer David Armstrong has died of liver cancer at the age of 60. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/01/fashion/news/david-armstrong-photographer-of-subcultures-dies-at-60.html Many of his photographs would interest posters at boytoy.com. See a Google image search to find out for yourself: https://www.google.com/search?q=David+Armstrong+photographs&client=firefox-a&hs=O5b&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lvZUVIKnO9L3oAThiYLwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=875 A sample, with info on Mr. Armstrong: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/asked-answered…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
- 3 replies
- 908 views
-
Tim Cook Speaks Up By Tim Cook Throughout my professional life, I've tried to maintain a basic level of privacy. I come from humble roots, and I don't seek to draw attention to myself. Apple is already one of the most closely watched companies in the world, and I like keeping the focus on our products and the incredible things our customers achieve with them. At the same time, I believe deeply in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, who said: "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'" I often challenge myself with that question, and I've come to realize that my desire for personal privacy has been holding me back from doing someth…
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just when you thought American politics couldn't get any more ridiculous, along comes fangate. At the start of their televised debate, it seems that Gov. Scott threw a 7 minute hissy fit over the presence of a fan under former Gov. Christ's podium. After he sulked backstage for what must have seemed like an eternity of airtime, somebody sane in the Florida Gov.'s camp managed to push him out from behind the curtains. In all fairness to the Gov. it should be said that Christ has some kind of phobia about sweating and Scott had stipulated in the debate agreement that no fans would be allowed. I guess he had been counting on hot stage lighting keeping Christ rattled durin…
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Pics and video included in the article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/10861960/World-War-Two-as-you-have-never-seen-it-extremely-rare-colour-footage-of-D-Day-invasion-released.html
- 15 replies
- 1.6k views
-
Droll & nasty & accurate-sounding (how would I know? ) rundown: http://www.askmen.com/top_10/travel/top-10-hourly-hotels-in-nyc.html
- 27 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As a follow up to the Top 10 Destination thread has anyone any experience of Cuba especially Havana? I would like to visit some some day.
- 21 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Jimmy Fowlie has put the world of WeHo Go Go boys out there with great humor! I love this! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa0zUi5xLRm0TXo9Avqf5g
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
- 1 reply
- 956 views
-
-
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
-