The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Recently we had a discussion on GT about the various Sterling Banknotes in circulation. I contributed that I had seen recent evidence of European Bureaux De Change increasingly accepting and changing Scottish notes - albeit at a slightly lower rate than the Bank of England ones. Now this from the South China Morning Post (link shortened below)- where some current dealers are valuing the Scottish notes higher than the BoE notes! Those inscrutable Chinese know a thing or two!! http://tinyurl.com/cmqvw8c
-
- 28 replies
- 6k views
-
-
— you've got marriage equality! That makes 30 states now with marriage equality. I didn't think I'd see this in my lifetime but happy I did! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/us/denying-review-justices-clear-way-for-gay-marriage-in-5-states.html
- 8 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
Actor Gerard Depardieu has stunned fans by revealing he used to work as a male escort in his youth. The Cyrano de Bergerac star has confessed he began roaming the streets of his native Chateauroux, France at the age of 10, when many men thought he was a teenager and propositioned him. In his memoir, Ca c'est fait comme ca (It Happened Like That), he writes, "I've known since I was very young that I please homosexuals. (When men approached me for sex), I would ask them for money." And there are more shocking confessions in the book - the Green Card star reveals he also dug up the graves of the newly-deceased and stole their clothes and jewelry. He also spent three weeks …
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
EXPAT's delightful Carol Burnett post just now put me in mind of her 'As the Stomach Turns' spot which in turn reminded of SCTV's soap parody 'The Days of the Week' which in its turn led me to this invaluable trove of all things SCTV -- episode synopses, current news, the works: http://www.sctvguide.ca
-
- 1 reply
- 826 views
-
-
-
This jumps the gun a little bit. But then, the seasons do that to us. The Auroras of Autumn Wallace Stevens I This is where the serpent lives, the bodiless. His head is air. Beneath his tip at night Eyes open and fix on us in every sky. Or is this another wriggling out of the egg, Another image at the end of the cave, Another bodiless for the body's slough? This is where the serpent lives. This is his nest, These fields, these hills, these tinted distances, And the pines above and along and beside the sea. This is form gulping after formlessness, Skin flashing to wished-for disappearances And the serpent body flashing without the skin. This is the height e…
-
- 19 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vAGvBwCI1JI
-
My friend Geo Louis has been trying to make it in the music business and he's released today a new single and his first music video. It's actually pretty good.
-
Just popped in to see what was going on over at Daddy's, and the first thing I noticed was a post about a recent banning of one of their "esteemed" members. As the post progressed, it took a turn, and many members started to say why they NO LONGER participate here.... WHY you may ask ? Well, it seems Boytoy members are obsessed with Twinks. Imagine that ! But the question arose: why is an obsession with Twinks any different that an obession with "scruffy hirsuitness" ....? That has always been a problem with most of the Daddy participants.... they have tunnel vision and dont see the idiocy of their comments relating to their OWN obsessions.....
- 26 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
This is certainly a big change from DEXTER. . .
-
- 3 replies
- 889 views
-
-
James Franco shares nude photos of himself with Seth Rogen on Instagram James Franco and Seth Rogen aren't waiting to get hacked in order to share nude photos. The longtime friends and collaborators pose side by side wearing only messenger bags in a photo Franco posted on Instagram on Friday. "Boom boom, NAKED and Afraid," the 36-year-old "Spring Breakers" star captioned the image, which blurs out their privates. "Me and Seth, in the bush, naked, together. For reals." Another nudie snapshot shows the men dancing in the wilderness. Cont. at http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/james-franco-posts-nude-photo-seth-rogen-article-1.1964102
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
Take a look at the outfit this older gent is wearing! Anyone wearing a pair of those shorts deserves to be fleeced by a bar girl. http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/147468/5-star-hotel-theft-from-british-guest-by-pattaya-bar-girl/
- 40 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
Are you fans of the Burgess brothers of Australia? If so you may want to check out this NSFW bit Thomas did where he gets his balls waxed on camera for charity. I enjoyed it.
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
Hear it for dah bears! http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/croatian-brown-bears-wildlife-sanctuary-are-six-year-same-sex-relationship170614
- 1 reply
- 766 views
-
The lab-grown penis: approaching a medical milestone After more than 20 years of research, a team of scientists are bioengineering penises in the lab which may soon be transplanted safely on to patients. It is an extraordinary medical endeavour that has implications for a wide range of disorders http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/oct/04/penis-transplants-anthony-atala-interview
- 2 replies
- 917 views
-
The Definitive Guide to Reheating Leftovers Rachel Tepper Jan 17, 2014 Leftovers: the same food you had last night, except a little grosser! Well, it doesn’t have to be that way. Strategically choosing the stovetop over the microwave could reinvigorate countless pizza slices. And microwaving your rice the right way could make leftover Chinese food a lot more appetizing. See attached article to learn how to reheat almost everything languishing on those refrigerator shelves. http://www.yahoo.com/food/the-definitive-guide-to-reheating-leftovers-73647466122.html
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
-
What is touted to be the scariest, creepiest and most bizarre season of American Horror Story returns to FX this Wednesday 10/8. If the trailers are any indication, or if Clowns scare you, they aint whistling Dixie about the Creep factor. Two-headed humans, bearded ladies, lobster claw boy, 3-boob babes ..... they got it all. Are you looking forward to the New season as much as I am ? http://perezhilton.com/category/american-horror-story?from=starseeker_top_perezhilton#.VC8fd8-3JmY
-
- 0 replies
- 794 views
-
-
Better-than-usual profile of these guys, this phenomenon, and why they do it. Don't look down: Russia's urban daredevils Moscow's death-defying roofers have become an internet sensation and unlikely tourist attraction. Now, a series of arrests threatens to bring their fun to an end. Maryam Omidi heads up a ladder to meet them for The Calvert Journal http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/03/sp-russia-daredevil-urban-climbers-viral-roofers
-
- 2 replies
- 904 views
-
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
It's amazing that he's turned into the hot one. But the other two have dropped off the face of the earth it seems. But I guess Nick has a new single ("Jealous") and a new TV Show "Kingdom" so he's in the news a lot. Apparently he's going to be nude and probably gay or bisexual in "Kingdom".
- 13 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
- 3 replies
- 797 views
-
Here is a interesting article published in the Atlantic magazine. I thought the author made a number of good points. The Atlantic Why I Hope to Die at 75 An argument that society and families—and you—will be better off if nature takes its course swiftly and promptly By Ezekiel J. Emanuel Photos by Jake Chessum September 17, 2014 Seventy-five. That’s how long I want to live: 75 years. This preference drives my daughters crazy. It drives my brothers crazy. My loving friends think I am crazy. They think that I can’t mean what I say; that I haven’t thought clearly about this, because there is so much in the world to see and do. To convince me of my errors, they en…
- 36 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
This guy used to live near me when I lived in Ohio.